Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → It's Squeegee dude!
It's Squeegee dude!
2003-08-12, 8:09 PM #1
This took me... a couple of hours. All textures photoshop. Character made for an advertisement for my mom's friend's new squeegee service.

[http://www.geocities.com/bearded_jarl/squeeg.txt]

-I think he's kinda cute in a remidial, special needs kinda way.

------------------
It's our All-American product. We got the idea from the Germans. The French hate it. It goes for half in Canada. The English have a version, but it's not so hot. There's cheap knockoffs in India. The Japanese are devolping a sleeker, sexier model. Made in China.

[This message has been edited by bearded_jarl (edited August 13, 2003).]
2003-08-12, 9:18 PM #2
You're right... Very cute red x. Though, I think that's been used before.

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2003-08-12, 10:10 PM #3
... Shut up. Just kidding.
Fixed it.

-*rocks out to "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple*

------------------
It's our All-American product. We got the idea from the Germans. The French hate it. It goes for half in Canada. The English have a version, but it's not so hot. There's cheap knockoffs in India. The Japanese are devolping a sleeker, sexier model. Made in China.
2003-08-12, 11:40 PM #4
OMQ IS THAT JK!!!111

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above; my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-08-13, 7:16 AM #5
It's a good idea, but the aliasing kills it.

------------------
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2003-08-13, 8:49 AM #6
Low poly models are for video games, not ads. I would it a lot rounder.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-08-13, 12:10 PM #7
Render it at double or triple resolution, then scale it down to help with aliasing... or enable antialiasing.

------------------
I am Vinny.
2003-08-13, 5:42 PM #8
It's Milkshape. This is the pinnacle of what I can do. I've tried "Obtaining" 3DS Max, but there were circumstances... And my comp can't run Cinema 4D. So... yeah. Screwed. Like an old... person.

-It's just a test as of yet, however.

------------------
2003-08-13, 7:33 PM #9
You can still run in a high screen res, take a very large shot, and scale it down.

Smooth mesh in Milkshape might help with the blockiness, too.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!