Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → *insert Matrix quote here*
*insert Matrix quote here*
2003-08-14, 3:26 PM #1
Bah... It was the logical thing in my view to do. Everyone seems to be posting some movie quote as their subject...

Anyways. The below link will take you to a desktop I'm working on. So far, I'm likeing it, but it feels lacking to me. I can't say where...

So, I'm posting here to get some feedback and suggestions. I'm for sure, placing and leaving "Phoenix" where it is in the picture. But, I'm unsure of what effect to add to it, or what look I'd like. Furthermore, I'd like a font that "fits" the general feel of the picture. Something rough, but techno. Or maybe something smooth and techno. I'd also like it to be something not easily recognizable as being used elsewhere (ex. a movie, a car companies font, a game, etc.). I'm not sure how I like the look of the background behind the logo. I feel it could use improvement.

To wrap it up, I have an image that I think has potential, but little idea what to do to it to achieve it. Something that doesn't normally happen to me...

Anyways, the link...
Metallic Phoenix
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-08-14, 4:05 PM #2
Very nice. Although, the letters imo take away from the prettiness of the picture. I like those one letters that don't look like letters until you really look at them. That'd work perfect for this picture.

JediKirby

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-08-14, 4:08 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
I like those one letters that don't look like letters until you really look at them. That'd work perfect for this picture.

JediKirby

</font>

Eh? Totally lost me. And not to be rude, but that was one of the things I said was in need of being changed. Sorry if there was confusion. I meant that I've positioned the text where I want it, I just don't have any ideas for a font or an effect.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2003-08-15, 4:15 AM #4
what does this have to do with the matrix? just kidding. Looks good, I like the logo, did you make that up yourself or get it from some other source?

And if youre looking for fonts, try www.acidfonts.com they have a large alphabetized selection...and they are FREE! I've used the site to save my a** more than once for school projects, so I highly recomend it.

Nice work [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
Cheers,
-Salvy

------------------
EDIT ~ I can't spell worsh thit...

[This message has been edited by JEDI-Salvation (edited August 15, 2003).]
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2003-08-15, 4:19 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Eh? Totally lost me. And not to be rude, but that was one of the things I said was in need of being changed. Sorry if there was confusion. I meant that I've positioned the text where I want it, I just don't have any ideas for a font or an effect.</font>

No no, I was suggesting a font. I'm talking about some CD covers that have fonts where they really don't look like letters, just decore, until you really look at them. I can't really think of a specific font as of now, but someone here probably knows what I'm talking about...

JediKirby

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-08-15, 5:40 AM #6
OH... now I see. I've probably got one or two case inserts like that laying around... I'll have to look.

The original logo I snatched off a site (forget where). Then I took it into freehand, added the spines, made it more spikey and sharp, etc. The original didn't look half as cool as the one now IMO.

Thanks for the site, I'll check it out later.
Last Stand
2003-08-15, 8:28 AM #7
crop the sides... the motion blur is ph00bed there.

------------------
Current Maps

Stomping Grounds (Newest Addition)

Look up my nose and see your future.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2003-08-15, 9:23 AM #8
Actually, my thought was to place the Quick Launch on the left side vertically, and the Start Menu on the right vertically.

Cheap way to cover it up I know, but it's been something I've wanted to try for awhile now. Anyone know if you can ditch the text that says "Start" and make the time vertical as well?

Anyways, it'll probably end up cropped in the end. I rarely leave my desktop the same for more than a week and a half, and the layout rarely stays the same for more than a month.
Last Stand
2003-08-15, 10:16 AM #9
hehe... that phoenix is exactly the same shape as my Death of the Phoenix background... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

[http://fin.mine.nu/phsmall.jpg]

(Click to enlarge)

------------------
Me, bringer of headache since 26.6.1986
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2003-08-15, 10:48 AM #10
Interesting, I think I snagged mine from halo.bungie.org. I like mine better though. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!