Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → JO custom level, should I make it into JA?
JO custom level, should I make it into JA?
2003-08-21, 7:25 AM #1
Some screenshots of my first level that I put effort into:

[http://www.geocities.com/chewybac1/shot0000.jpg]

[http://www.geocities.com/chewybac1/shot0002.jpg]

I know, the shots aren't good. I hust want opinions [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]. Later I will show more of the level and some 8-bit game editing! (Wooo-hooo)

------------------
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-08-21, 7:31 AM #2
I would argue that, simply from an architectural viewpoint, the concurrent squares aren't terribly interesting. Furthermore, I fail to see how the massive red "x" in the center adds anything from a texture standpoint.

The moral of this story: avoid Geocities like the plague.

------------------
S51

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
2003-08-21, 7:41 AM #3
Now that the screenies ARE up, i must say that it looks.. not too interesting.. i don't know why, maybe better lighting would do the trick (blue is good for a specific area, not an entire level). And use some more custom textures. Old ones are just boring, everybody fought in these environments before already.

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above; my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-08-21, 8:27 AM #4
Yes. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] That's what I thought. I am looking for custom textures. The JO ones were there so something will be seen.

------------------
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-08-21, 8:56 AM #5
1. What S51 said.

2. Your images are not working because Geocities does not allow external linking of images. Either rename your images to TXT from JPG, or use the Editor's Corner.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-08-21, 9:11 AM #6
Emon, S51, they work for me...

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above; my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-08-21, 9:50 AM #7
Your browser prolly don't provide the "page viewed from" info to geocities.

If geocities is asked for an image file, and the "page viewed from" is not on their server, they refuse to return it.

Your browser might purposefully omit that information for privacy conserns.

Mine does not, so I am stuck seeing the standard mozilla icon... a page icon with a green circle, a blue square, and a purple triangle on it... ripped.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

2003-08-21, 10:05 AM #8
They shouldn't be working for you, because Geocities doesn't allow external linking.

------------------
2003-08-21, 1:48 PM #9
That is what I meant. Listen to teh Emon.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

2003-08-21, 8:54 PM #10
Then how come i see them?!

------------------
2003-08-21, 9:12 PM #11
Maybe you got lucky. If you copy and pasted the image address, it will work on the page because it's reading from your cache.

------------------
2003-08-21, 11:08 PM #12
Nope, i just opened this thread, haven't been on Geocities before that...

And Echoman, the lights and ceiling in the first shot looks quite.. messy..now that i look at it again..

------------------

↑ Up to the top!