Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Mr. JKEdit
Mr. JKEdit
2003-09-08, 10:32 AM #1
Sup guys, here are some more shots of my lab lvl. I havent worked on it in a long time cuz of SWG. Anyway here are some of the rooms that im still currently working on. yes I know there not perfect yet but im getting there [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Oh yea, and everthing you see is archy, there are 0 3do's in the level....well 1 for the player start. enjoy

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12625.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12626.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12627.jpg]

------------------
2003-09-08, 10:37 AM #2
I like it.

Not bad for JKedit [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2003-09-08, 11:20 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skyline:

Oh yea, and everthing you see is archy, there are 0 3do's in the level....well 1 for the player start. enjoy

</font>

You say that as if its something to brag about. Oftentimes 3DOs are used for archi so many of the architextural limitations in JK aren't reached.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-09-08, 11:46 AM #4
Ahh Yes. The guy who does the awesome lighting in JkEdit. Looking great and as a fellow JkEdit user, if you dont tell them its JkEdit, you usually get better replies just because most JEDers try to pick ever little thing out of JkEdit levels to find a way to make it look bad [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

[This message has been edited by MysteriousSith (edited September 08, 2003).]
2003-09-08, 12:52 PM #5
No... JKEdit just sucks.

Level's great, but I'd like to mention that the majorety of the goodness about it is the lighting and textures, the arux is completely JKEdit, which isn't bad, it's just not JED.

I need to talk to you too, PM me next time you're on.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-08, 1:07 PM #6
Well ive never seen JED do lighting like that before... so its not correct to say JKedit sucks. This is way better than a lot of levels ive seen made with JED.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Valley of the Jedi Tower Smaug's Lair
2003-09-08, 1:14 PM #7
I like the textures and lighting. Good work.

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2003-09-08, 1:34 PM #8
Looks great. Nice to see some other editors who are using the underrated program. I look forward to playing it (please finish it!). Hey, how long have you been using JkEdit? Do you agree that it's better than JED? (Have you used JED?)

*Waits for Tony's post about burning the JkEdit flag*

------------------
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2003-09-08, 1:44 PM #9
Looks surprisingly good. I would be interested to see a JED level lit in JKEdit.
2003-09-08, 4:17 PM #10
You can make the same lighting in JED, and you can do it really well and really fast if you use CleaveLight. It'll probably play slow, if it even finishes cleaving.

Looks really nice, except the textures should have mipmaps. But don't forget to set the mipmap bias really high in whatever JkEdit's level header editor is, like from 1 2 3 4 to twice, thrice, or four times that, otherwise it'll look terrible.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-09-08, 4:37 PM #11
Yea, If you set the minimap to 3, 4, 5, 6 it will look pretty nice, but you might even want to go up one more(4 5 6 7).

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle
2003-09-09, 9:39 AM #12
They are both level editing programs. They both have pros and cons. Good job, Skyline!!! Lookin' great. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."</font>
[/b]

-Emon
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2003-09-09, 12:26 PM #13
The metal texture on the door frames is really well placed. Nice job.

------------------
Well that's stupid. I'm not buying a so-called Star Wars game that doesn't have Yoda. - Tracer
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-09-09, 4:48 PM #14
Good job, but the archi seems really dull with all the boxes.

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
OMQ!@!~~~ ITZ LIEK MUTANT WAFFELS
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-09-10, 7:14 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lateralus:
the archi seems really dull with all the boxes.

</font>

I disagree. On closer inspection, there is a fairly nice amount of detail in the archi, such as the indented rim around the stones near the floor.

The only thing I would recommend you change, prehaps, is the glass texture.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-09-10, 8:55 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
No... JKEdit just sucks.

Level's great, but I'd like to mention that the majorety of the goodness about it is the lighting and textures, the arux is completely JKEdit, which isn't bad, it's just not JED.

I need to talk to you too, PM me next time you're on.

JediKirby

</font>

Does it matter the program using to create the level? If it looks good, then it looks good. And it looks good!

------------------
CWizard *pWizard=new CWizard("Gandalf","white",2021);
pWizard->EnableWizard(TRUE);
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-09-10, 10:22 AM #17
I like this guy ^ [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-Michael Kyle
2003-09-10, 11:14 AM #18
The geometry of the building is fine, it just needs some stuff in it.

------------------
2003-09-11, 7:21 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Does it matter the program using to create the level? If it looks good, then it looks good. And it looks good!

</font>

It certainly matters what program you use, JKEdit makes bad sectors, and messy archi, while JED is clean, and less buggy.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-11, 10:14 AM #20
Except that you're wrong.

------------------
2003-09-11, 10:15 AM #21
Yeah. I dont see anything messy about those screens. Seriously i would love to see you, kirby, do better with JED. until then, shut it.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Valley of the Jedi Tower Smaug's Lair
2003-09-11, 10:26 AM #22
Sometimes JkEdit does make messy sectors, but there is a command you use to fix that called Update Verticies. It most of the time fixes all those white lines in between surfaces from bad splits.

------------------
-Michael Kyle

[This message has been edited by MysteriousSith (edited September 11, 2003).]
2003-09-11, 2:06 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
Except that you're wrong.

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
Yeah. I dont see anything messy about those screens. Seriously i would love to see you, kirby, do better with JED. until then, shut it.

</font>

Ouch, harsh.
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-11, 5:21 PM #24
Guys guys. Let us not start a JKEdit v. JED war here. Both programs have strengths and weaknesses. It should be encouraged to give Skyline, here, any ideas so that he might better his level and not go on a tyraid of how much JED is better than JKEdit or vice versa. What matters is the final product.

------------------
CWizard *pWizard=new CWizard("Gandalf","white",2021);
pWizard->EnableWizard(TRUE);
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-09-12, 10:19 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whelly:
Looks great. Nice to see some other editors who are using the underrated program. I look forward to playing it (please finish it!). Hey, how long have you been using JkEdit? Do you agree that it's better than JED? (Have you used JED?)

*Waits for Tony's post about burning the JkEdit flag*

</font>

Hurrah! Ich bin famous!

/me burns the JKEdit flag.

Paying for stuff is bad. But very cool stuff anyway. Now, time to plot a method of coolness like that...

/me plots.

------------------
'Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes,
Some call it the slums, some call it nice.
I want to take you through a wasteland I like to call my home,
"Welcome to Paradise"'
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-09-12, 10:53 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Guys guys. Let us not start a JKEdit v. JED war here. Both programs have strengths and weaknesses. It should be encouraged to give Skyline, here, any ideas so that he might better his level and not go on a tyraid of how much JED is better than JKEdit or vice versa. What matters is the final product.

</font>

Indeed. This is why I think you're cool, Gandalf. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

The architexture, while detailed, still needs a few more things here and there to look convincing. What that would be, I have no clue. Just something isn't... right. The shadowing is top notch still.

------------------
Television is my only friend.
[Insert the wittiest, most cynical thing you will ever lay eyes on here.]

↑ Up to the top!