Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → It's totally kewl d00d!!11qonebobcin>>a;
It's totally kewl d00d!!11qonebobcin>>a;
2003-09-08, 1:30 PM #1
2108 Polygons worth of sword. Watched Croutching Tiger, Hidden Dragon the other night, and was inspired by Monoxide's swords. Build time: 20 minutes.

It's a Katana, expectably

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12635.jpg]
Flatshade
For some reason, the smoothshade copies of the weapon have black tips, I suggest looking at the Flatshade to get a better idea. By the way, only one sword in that shot, just resizes and copies to make it look pretty.

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12631.jpg]
Flatshade
Perverts will be shot.

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12636.jpg]
Flatshade
The fine indent on the blade is clearly shown in the flatshade.

For the movies mod.

Questions? Comments? Nude pictures of Zully? I've already got the nude-video in my favorites, so it'll be hard to impress me...

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-08, 1:33 PM #2
OMQ I starthed teh swordness m4k3rz d00d.

Needs more curveyness, Katana's need longer blades, Tanto and Wakazashi are fine.

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2003-09-08, 1:42 PM #3
HAha!!!!! do u no wut that looks like??

Just kidding, they look pretty good. The title makes me want to vomit though.
2003-09-08, 2:33 PM #4
Anti-Aliasing is your friend... Milkshape could use it...

Other than that, looks great! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Web Hosting! Lookie here!
http://www.out-post.net/index.php?action=hostingplans

Add 106 to my post count for my old name NapoleoneXIV
Web Hosting! Lookie here!
http://www.out-post.net/index.php?action=hostingplans

Add 106 to my post count for my old name NapoleoneXIV
2003-09-08, 2:44 PM #5
Me likey very muchee.

------------------
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-09-08, 5:06 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Needs more curveyness, Katana's need longer blades, Tanto and Wakazashi are fine.</font>

...but Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was Chinese...?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2003-09-08, 5:07 PM #7
Its.... nice. But it shold be a truck. *caugh*

------------------
If man was in the forest and woman was not there to hear him, is he still wrong?
If man was in the forest and woman was not there to hear him, is he still wrong?
2003-09-08, 9:35 PM #8
Is it just me or does the handle look slightly too thick?

------------------
2003-09-09, 5:18 AM #9
Same as Barry there.

------------------
The law doesn't want you to steal. Because the government doesn't want any competition.
2003-09-09, 10:55 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Perverts will be shot.</font>

Hahaha. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Well that's stupid. I'm not buying a so-called Star Wars game that doesn't have Yoda. - Tracer
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-09-09, 11:00 AM #11
The ends of the blades are screwed up because of your smoothing groups.

------------------
Ooooooooo-oh supersadomasochistinecrobestiality, it's when you get a hard-on making Lassie a fatality!

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2003-09-09, 11:20 AM #12
Looks good. I'm not an expert on katanas, so I can't comment on shape or size. BUT...over 2000 polies seems like wayyy too much for a game model of a sword. Looking at your flatshades, you could easily cut down on polies on the handle and just texture it all pretty like.

------------------
gree gree.
2003-09-09, 12:29 PM #13
Not really a wise use of polygons, not enough detail.

What is this movie mod?

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-09-09, 3:53 PM #14
Well, it's not really a movie mod, it's more of a movie in general. I'm using MotS to develope a seriese of episodes I've writen, and have yet to convert to a screenplay. The episodes will follow a young man from the future (Voice: Super_S51), his future wife (Need a voice for this one... Wolvie?), his good friend, and past lover (Voice: Maeve) and a phsyco mob-boss (An amazingly creative voice from: SAJN_Master). I've been working on this project ever since I started 2 years ago playing JK. I'm still looking for voice actors, or anyone who really can help. Cogging knowledge is being covered by me (I'm fine with camera cogs), so all I really need is a texturer. I had planned on simply throwing cel-shade textures on the models, and calling it an 'Artistic Aproach' but I'm not sure it'll look good. I've also got the problem that I either make it so people's lips don't move, or they're animated mats. Both of which would make the movies lack. Wonderful talent at music comes from Flexor. I'm still working on player models (Hardest. Thing. Ever) and half-decent cloth animating. I've got no set date for release of Episode 1, so don't ask. I'll be releasing the movie in both .goo format, and .avi (Or whatever video program I end up using to record).

About the sword model, it'll only be seen in a small demo piece I'm doing to see if it's even worth getting in too. If MotS wants to lag too much, and lighting doesn't want to work with me, I may dump the project, but if all goes well, you should have a demo as soon as I get Flexor's music, and my own, or someone elses textures, and finish modeling 2 players, and animating their clothes.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-09, 3:59 PM #15
gah I don't have MotS.

------------------
saberopus
2003-09-09, 4:02 PM #16
That's while I'll have it in multiple formats other than .goo, since I know you are all so excited to see my horri-ah, great movies.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-09, 4:19 PM #17
looks nice but u must be a prevert too
cause you noticed it and said not to say anything

without your saying that i wonder how many people would have looked at it that way, i know i wouldn't have

oh but it looks nice the blade might need to be a little longer and handle skinnier

suggestion for your next movie
JK pr0n

------------------
roses are red, violets are blue, I am schizophrenic, and I am too!
roses are red, violets are blue, I am schizophrenic, and I am too!
2003-09-10, 4:33 AM #18
Can someone call the Massassi Brute squad?

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-10, 3:20 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
...but Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was Chinese...?</font>

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2003-09-10, 3:22 PM #20
(Note that wu dang (which was the style of wu shu shown in Crouching Tiger) employs (in english translation) the straight sword, drunken (it's a really crappy translation but I can't think of another word for it) sword, and wu dang jian ("Wu dang sword" .. kind of reduntant =/)

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2003-09-12, 10:25 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pommy:
(Note that wu dang (which was the style of wu shu shown in Crouching Tiger) employs (in english translation) the straight sword, drunken (it's a really crappy translation but I can't think of another word for it) sword, and wu dang jian ("Wu dang sword" .. kind of reduntant =/)

</font>

Let's hope the 'wu dang' sword doesn't become the 'du wang' sword...

Nice work, but those pictures remind me how I hate jpg compression.

------------------
'Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes,
Some call it the slums, some call it nice.
I want to take you through a wasteland I like to call my home,
"Welcome to Paradise"'
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-09-12, 12:45 PM #22
Interesting idea. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I once had an idea for a JK cutscene sitcom where Al Gore and George W. Bush moved in together for some reason...
2003-09-12, 2:17 PM #23
Dil- Look pretty good, although the wrap on the handle normally did a twist type thing -do.

------------------
ohayogozaimasudouzoyoroshiku
My signature puts the 'hat' in 'phat'.
2003-09-12, 5:13 PM #24
[http://www.japanese-swords.com/images/fittings/handle.jpg]
2003-09-12, 5:19 PM #25
I know about wraps, and I didn't do it, because I'm *trying* to make the weapon futuristic, or different in some way.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-12, 5:21 PM #26
So in the future... trojan makes the handle wraps?

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Valley of the Jedi Tower Smaug's Lair
2003-09-12, 5:32 PM #27
yup

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!