Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → The *real* Dark Tempest CTF
The *real* Dark Tempest CTF
2003-09-15, 3:40 PM #1
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12751.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12752.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12753.jpg]

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-09-15, 3:43 PM #2
I get no credit...

Amazing looking, but it's blue, and you already know my opinion about blue. I don't like it.

It seems to be missing something though... Dare I say... rain?

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-15, 3:44 PM #3
I'd put rain, but, like the snow in DT8, it would exceed the template limit and cause the game to go sploot.

And yes, there will be more detail. These are still very early shots. I just wanted to showoff the pretty sky. (for the 9th time that is [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flexor (edited September 15, 2003).]
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-09-15, 3:46 PM #4
Perhaps a bird's eye view of the map would help?

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Blue Moon Jedi Mercenaries: Book 0

Quest into new worlds or question the deep parts (and not so deep parts) of life at Merlin's Citadel!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-09-15, 3:47 PM #5
I'll do that when more is done. There wouldn't really be anything to see right now.

------------------
2003-09-15, 3:49 PM #6
I love you, flex, but DT is gonna need to stop sometime... its getting a tad bit boring.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Valley of the Jedi Tower Smaug's Lair
2003-09-15, 3:52 PM #7
ITS ABOUT DANG TIME YOU MADE IT!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-09-15, 3:58 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
I love you, flex, but DT is gonna need to stop sometime... its getting a tad bit boring.

</font>

but... but...
*cries*

------------------
2003-09-15, 4:03 PM #9
Just make it a different color. The last one was blue. Maybe make it...Gold and Red? That would fit the JK CTF theme.

------------------
New Half-Life 2 Screenshots! (Updated Daily)
2003-09-15, 4:29 PM #10
The last one was white. The one before that was red. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2003-09-15, 11:19 PM #11
Go orange, then.

And I agree with Cazor. I like the DT series, but this will be number 9, and probably the last I will download.

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2003-09-15, 11:20 PM #12
Black sky, dark red clouds?

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above, my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-09-16, 10:30 AM #13
Bah. Might as well go as far as to make it a decology. Make this one, then a 10th, then retire it!

Looks good, what if you made the sky plaid? Or rainbow coloured?

------------------
[12:42] Spork: I wish I knew, coned sucked. owned owns coned and pwned.
[23:30] <happydud> Crap! I think I just dislocated my shoulder while sneazing...
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-09-16, 12:02 PM #14
No... make a 10th one and then make a pack with all of them in it.... as my suggestion.
Oh and, nice start... but something is missing.... can't think of it right now... (No not the flags, the sky.)

[This message has been edited by HCF_Duke (edited September 16, 2003).]
No sig.
2003-09-16, 11:37 PM #15
That black/blue sky theme and those platform textures are getting a little tired...
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2003-09-17, 3:19 AM #16
Perhaps, if you really feel like working your arse off, you could make the sky have a transition between two colours (the team colours specifically) right in between the bases?

------------------
His pot is blacker than his kettle!

Phoenix Swords
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2003-09-17, 9:36 AM #17
It might help to switch the lower sky-plane with some landscape.. that same cloudy top/bottom is getting a wee monotonous.
2003-09-17, 1:20 PM #18
I think all of this means that people are getting sick of the same scheam, perhaps in some way you can keep the DT feel, but give it a new twist, something to show these people that DT isn't worn out.

Come on Flexy, my big wuvable deamon *****!

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-17, 1:27 PM #19
I was thinking plants... vines hanging from platforms and such... dunno how that'll work out!

------------------
2003-09-17, 1:29 PM #20
But I think it needs an overall atmousphere change, just something to make it look quite different, still keeping the same ideas.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-17, 1:30 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
...something to show these people that DT isn't worn out.
</font>

Welcome to a year ago. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-09-17, 1:32 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
But I think it needs an overall atmousphere change, just something to make it look quite different, still keeping the same ideas.

JediKirby

</font>

Got any suggestions for things I can actually do?

------------------
2003-09-17, 1:37 PM #23
Well, you do know I haven't played any of the DTs, but from what I've seen of them, we could use more of a different feel, rather than abandoned fealing. Perhaps a sysem of floating buildings connected by jump pads or push-pads? Perhaps you could make a warped look and send the entirety of the level plummeting into a black whole? Perhaps the platforms could move, and tip, and teater as they move into the black whole? Perhaps we could be on the outer rims of a very small planet, jumping all around on these rings? The possibilities are endless, but if you don't want DT to die, looks like you'll have to think of something.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-09-17, 1:40 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:

Got any suggestions for things I can actually do?
</font>

Sorry for this... but come up with another level. And please dont make 10 of the new idea.

------------------

The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair

↑ Up to the top!