Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Fun with Winamp 3 and mIRC
Fun with Winamp 3 and mIRC
2003-10-09, 3:46 AM #1
Well, you know that fun AVG thing in Winamp 3, where you can set an overlay color and even change your desktop to it, displaying the AVg on the desktop? No? Well, here's how to do it...

Right cliok on Winamp and select Thinger. Click on the AVG icon in the thinger... now, click open editor (if you're using a custom skin it may be titled differently). Now, select "Settings | Display". Click Overlay mode, and you can also click Set desktop to color if you feel like it.

Now, see your desktop? It's cool [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]. So, now you may be thinking, how does mirc fit into this? Well, the default overlay color is 31 0 15... I recommend trying 0 0 0 for some fun with any program, but the default is good if you want to control where the effect goes.

Now, go into mirc, and select the crayons on the toolbar. Click on the background color, and right click on any color on the color selecting bars on the bottom. Hit custom clor, and type 31 0 15 in the rgb boxes on the right. You should see the AVG in the prview box... hit ok twice and you're good!

This can be done in any program that allows you to change the colors...

Oh, I would post a screenshot, but the overlay cannot be captured by windows, it just captures the overlay color (in this case, 31 0 15).

[Edit: Oh, I like to use steve - Universal Travel as my AVG thingy, partly because it's the coolest, and partly because it does it's thing even when no song is playing.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited October 09, 2003).]

2003-10-09, 9:25 AM #2
You have way too much free time, but that's still pretty cool.

------------------
Current Maps

Look up my nose and see your future.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2003-10-09, 11:24 AM #3
Winamp 2.xx also includes overlay too, it isn't just 3, cool beans though

------------------
The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in
Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively
saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause
from onlookers. A minute later, in full view, they were both eaten by a killer
whale.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-10-09, 1:13 PM #4
Really?!?! I couldn't find it in two... I better look again...

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

↑ Up to the top!