Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → old map
old map
2003-10-16, 4:33 AM #1
some of you may remember me posting this a LONG time ago, the chapel for JO from final fantasy 7. well i started it about a year ago and havnt worked on it since, but if anyone wants me to release it i will do the lighting touch it up and release it. maybe for JA if i get it.

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13090.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13091.jpg]

back room:
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13092.jpg]

i will get better shots of the back room later, from different angles, plus i have added stuff since that picture.

------------------
The opera, The Sands of Time, lasted only four minutes.

The Kansas, and Colorado State Boards of Education both mandate that children should not be taught, or lead to believe in the theory of evolution, Newton's theory of gravity, or the theory that germs cause disease
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2003-10-16, 4:35 AM #2
Wow! That's nice, maybe even SotD worthy?

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited October 16, 2003).]

2003-10-16, 4:37 AM #3
If you don't get JA, send it to me and I'd love to make it JA compatible for you. This is one quality map you have here.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-16, 5:02 AM #4
Nice construction. The lighting does need work. IMO, JA lighting is better (if this for mp)

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-10-16, 6:23 AM #5
looks good, but not "combat worthy" if you ask me.

------------------
He's Crazy! He's Loco! - Scared Marine from Halo.

They call me Satan, Devil, Bringer of death and pain. I am, Master Chief.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-10-16, 8:57 AM #6
Yeah, it might definately need some work before releasing. Putting lights next to the windows and calling that a light source.. i dunno. Might wanna research "lightfilter". It makes stained glass windows look very nice(makes them see through), and you can have a box of light at the other end, so it can project a colored shadow onto the pews and floor inside. I would give it a vaulted ceiling, also, and maybe work on getting something other than the thin patches for arches. I think some straight beams of wood would accualy look better in that celing area. Might wanna make the pew's material a little thinner, also. It sorta looks like they are a scale foot thick, when real ones are only around 4 inches or so.

Hope this helped.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-10-16, 9:23 AM #7
Possible light beams from the window? (although the room itself needs to be darker for them to look good) [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
2003-10-16, 10:44 AM #8
Make it a little darker and add lightbeams. Then it will definately be SotD material. Wink wink.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2003-10-16, 12:44 PM #9
It looks like JK, a great JK level, but JK none-the less.

[edit]Rather then just saying the above, I'll give some suggestions: With the exception of the back room, everything just looks repetative. The wall textures don't stick out to me, and the lighting as stated above doesn't look right. I'm sure as Cazor mentioned that those stained glass windows could be shot through, and made for a great effect (Perhaps colored lighting through each color of glass?) and so forth. The rubble looks good, but doesn't seem realistic, as in the back room, it doesn't feel REAL, simply because everything's so busy. [/edit]

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited October 16, 2003).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-10-16, 12:54 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
It looks like JK, a great JK level, but JK none-the less.</font>

You are delusional if you think JK could ever look like that.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-10-16, 1:41 PM #11
i think im going to scratch the project anyways, it is really laggy in gtkradiant and hard to work with, plus everything is way too big for the character.

------------------
The opera, The Sands of Time, lasted only four minutes.

The Kansas, and Colorado State Boards of Education both mandate that children should not be taught, or lead to believe in the theory of evolution, Newton's theory of gravity, or the theory that germs cause disease
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2003-10-16, 3:20 PM #12
It's too bad if your going to scratch it.. At least hand the project over to someone to continue it (like me? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] )

------------------
2003-10-16, 11:19 PM #13
I'd be more than happy to touch this map up for JA for you, at least; the part that you already have.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-17, 4:36 AM #14
yeah it does look SOTD worthy...unfourtunatly images have to be 640x480 or above for us to correctly resize them without blurring.
So post bigger pictures with nice angles and ;D

------------------
In short, there's a special place in hell for you, Juztyn.. And I'll save you a seat, 'cause God knows I'm not headed north..
2003-10-18, 5:00 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
It looks like JK, a great JK level, but JK none-the less.

[edit]Rather then just saying the above, I'll give some suggestions: With the exception of the back room, everything just looks repetative. The wall textures don't stick out to me, and the lighting as stated above doesn't look right. I'm sure as Cazor mentioned that those stained glass windows could be shot through, and made for a great effect (Perhaps colored lighting through each color of glass?) and so forth. The rubble looks good, but doesn't seem realistic, as in the back room, it doesn't feel REAL, simply because everything's so busy. [/edit]

JediKirby

</font>

It's from Final Fantasy 7, you dolt. It's supposed to look like that.

------------------
My Deviations
"When all else fails, eat pie."

↑ Up to the top!