Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Shuttlebay
Shuttlebay
2003-10-18, 8:39 AM #1
Here is the shuttlebay of the Constitution-class U.S.S. Yorktown, along with one of the Yorktown's shuttlecrafts, the Herschel.

The clamshell doors open and close as well.
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13135.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13134.jpg]

------------------
Donny Versiga
E-mail: nirvan5599@aol.com
Wasting away my life building levels and playing guitar

[This message has been edited by bombshellrapture (edited October 18, 2003).]
Donny Versiga
E-mail: punkindrublic5@aol.com
2003-10-18, 8:57 AM #2
You're my god. Looks a tad too cel-shadish though.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-10-18, 9:01 AM #3
Meh, I like it... it looks like the 60's ST series. :P

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

2003-10-18, 9:02 AM #4
MZZT is right.. and it pwns anyway.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-18, 9:31 AM #5
That's the idea, Mega [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Swankage

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-10-18, 9:44 AM #6
Good lord, that is incredible.

------------------
Rage removes all restraint.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2003-10-18, 10:33 AM #7
I'm loving it... it does look a little cartoony but i can learn to like that, it's trek!

I take it you are acauly going to be making a full level with all these diffrent room you are pumping out

------------------
If You Can't Beat It, Cheat It!
The Gas Station
2003-10-18, 11:12 AM #8
Love it.

------------------
A real man uses JK2.
A smart man uses GTK.
This is why i am not a smart man.
*Remnant Temple A soon to be ready for beta*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-10-18, 11:42 PM #9
looks great

------------------
Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin', and nuttin's plenty fo me.
I got no car, got no mule, I got no misery.
De folks wid plenty o' plenty, got a lock on de door,
'Fraid somebody's a-goin' to rob 'em while dey's out a-makin' more.
What for?

I got no lock on de door, dat's no way to be.
Dey kin steal de rug from de floor, dat's OK wid me,
Cause de things dat I prize, like de stars in de skies, are all free.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2003-10-19, 10:30 AM #10
Can't wait to use some Trek weapons...

------------------
[Insert the wittiest, most cynical thing you will ever lay eyes on here.]
[Insert the wittiest, most cynical thing you will ever lay eyes on here.]
2003-10-20, 12:09 AM #11
Another, greate, detailed, JK ST Room...
And yet, no release...
Just here to tourture us...
Hoooo huuuummm...

/Edward
------------------
Edited Quote from JK Bartender from level 05:
"I wish you wouldn't tourture paying Massassians..."

[This message has been edited by Edward (edited October 20, 2003).]
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-10-20, 2:43 AM #12
first thought: looks like star trek.
second thought: i hate star trek. (just my opinion)
third thought: excellent architecture.
fourth thought: textures are very cartoon-like and flat-ish.
fifth thought: really excellent architecture.

nice work (despite it being Star Trek)
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I just found a million dollars that someone forgot
"What is and what should never be"
Sector 3027 - AA
Space Station Saber Training
2003-10-20, 12:46 PM #13
Edward: I'm really trying to work on this project as much as possible. Every free once of time I have away from my full-time job and 15 semester hour college classes, I'll use to put work into this project. Believe, me, I want this (and other) projects to be released as well.

DS-181-4 and the rest of you overly-outspoken Star Trek "haters": Whether or not anyone likes Star Trek is really irrelevant. I could really care less. It doesn't hurt my feelings nor does it help me in bettering my work. I really don't like Star Wars that much, but would it be helpful to anyone to reply to their posts: "I don't like Star Wars, but it looks pretty good?" The one thing it does do is make me wonder if I should even release it since so many people apparently dislike Star Trek. This project is not for Star Trek fans exclusively, but the entire community of JK fans who want something different other than the same old "Kyle Vs Imperials" level, or the over-produced "Star Destroyer" level.

------------------
Donny Versiga
Donny Versiga
2003-10-20, 1:16 PM #14
I like to play a level for its feel and design. I don't really judge a level due to its "background".

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-10-20, 1:39 PM #15
Trust me, there's a lot of us who like both SW and ST. Your stuff looks awesome, and more importantly, it appears as if the players can actually walk through everything of a starship. I mean, don't get me wrong; an actual level with this stuff would be cool too. Just saying I'd enjoy just walking around for the explorer in me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Blue Moon Jedi Mercenaries: Book 0

Quest into new worlds or question the deep parts (and not so deep parts) of life at Merlin's Citadel!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-10-22, 3:18 AM #16
easy big fella!!
i wasn't dissin' your level coz it was ST. i wasn't even dissin' it at all. i think your level looks great, but maybe some of the textures need a bit of a change or something. i was simply stating the fact that i don't like ST. Is that ok, or am i not allowed to say my opinion?

------------------
I just found a million dollars that someone forgot
"What is and what should never be"
Sector 3027 - AA
Space Station Saber Training
2003-10-22, 9:56 AM #17
No, your opinion is welcome. I wasn't directing at just you, and actually less at you than others. Some of the same people have repeatedly posted to my ST shots over the years how "it looks good even though it's Star Trek..." etc. Or like "Shame it's a ST project." I'm just saying it's not necessary to remind me with every post to a new shot I release that you dislike Star Trek.

And I wasn't angry or anything (sorry if i came off that way), but just stating my opinion. I welcome your opinion as long as you welcome mine. What caused me to say what I said was the fact that you had stated that you disliked Star Trek twice in one post. You can say it as much as you want, but just letting you know that it is irrelevant to me. Cool? Cool.

------------------
Donny Versiga
Donny Versiga
2003-10-22, 12:22 PM #18
That's great! Can't compete with your movies shuttlebay though. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Is the circle landing platform under the shuttle a texture? I think in the show the shuttle was on a platform that spun around. I'm not completely sure, I remember though in the Sarek episode they entered the shuttlebay through a door and was looking at the side of the shuttle. It also might help on adjoin count if the platform was a 3do.

Then again you've got it in the floor, and dont' think they had a raised landing area, so I guess it'd be pretty difficult to make a round 3do flush with the floor.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-10-23, 9:32 AM #19
Yes, the shuttle platform is a texture right now, but plans to make it an actual spinning/raising 3do are still in the process. Depending on what I'll need this area for during the levels will determine if I use it. According to the Star Fleet Technical Manual (by Franz Joseph), the platform actually carries the shuttle up to the shuttlbay from the level below, where the shuttles are held and maintained. This is an idea I'm going for, but not sure if it's necessary as of yet for the proposed level story.

------------------
Donny Versiga
Donny Versiga
2003-10-23, 10:04 AM #20
Please tell me that if the bay doors open you get sucked out into space. Force fields, mhforce fields, I wanna suck people into space!

Those are some nice screens, but they look more like the Enterprise from "The Motion Pictuer", than the original series. I certainly wish I could do such work well.

------------------
someone feed the monkey while i dig in search of china

↑ Up to the top!