Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → New Mots Level....
New Mots Level....
2003-10-24, 4:08 PM #1
I am currently working on.
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13273.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13268.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13270.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13271.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13272.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13269.jpg]
Comments, Suggestions.....

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith

[This message has been edited by Keith Marshall (edited October 24, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Keith Marshall (edited October 24, 2003).]
2003-10-24, 4:13 PM #2
Wow, this looks very impressive... and it shows off the awesomeness of JkEdit. Great job Keith... good to see you using the showcase.

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

The Arcane Sith

[This message has been edited by MysteriousSith (edited October 24, 2003).]
2003-10-24, 4:22 PM #3
I commend you for using JkEdit, and for using it nicely. It looks very nice. Some of the textures look really out of place though, and I highly suggest using custom textures. Start working on the lighting, then post some more pics!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Whelly (edited October 24, 2003).]
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2003-10-24, 4:28 PM #4
The level does use lighting, but if you notice, it's a screenshot from the editor with the lighting turned off.

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

The Arcane Sith

[This message has been edited by MysteriousSith (edited October 24, 2003).]
2003-10-24, 4:29 PM #5
And the JKEdit flamewar commences....

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2003-10-24, 4:30 PM #6

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2003-10-24, 5:19 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

</font>

What? Nobody has said anything yet that might be even interpreted as a flame...

Nice shots. Will we soon se in game pics with lighting?

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
2003-10-24, 5:22 PM #8
The textures in the second and the last shot are a bit repetative, but other than that, very nice.

I sincerely hope this doesn't become a JED vs. JKEdit flame war.

------------------
Look for my current project, The Force in Your Soul.
Last week I cudn't evn spel grajuat, but now I is one.

*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "S-TROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2003-10-24, 5:23 PM #9
Yes I will post some screenies with lighting after pc gets done defraging, hee hee.

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2003-10-25, 12:58 AM #10
I don't like the texturing much. The large areas is way too busy, texturing wise (specially the texture near the top). In the third shot the ceiling colour conflicts with the rest, and in the 4th and 5th shot I don't really like that texture with the red and blue pipes, it doesn't quite fit.

I suggest downloading some good texture packs from the internet and use those instead.

The architecture generally looks really nice.

------------------
Call me Vedder.
Author of: A Pirate's Tale (Mots SP)
APT homepage
----
<phantom> You're always going to be aloser if you attempt to aspire to massassi standards.
<phantom> They're a bunch of socially inadequate <beep> whores who have little or no lives.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2003-10-25, 1:16 AM #11
These shots look VERY good...

I do think that you may want to look for some better textures though. The only site I can think of offhand is The Lime Lite, and you'll soon need more texture... our Zuljin here has a texture site too somehwere...

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

2003-10-25, 1:32 AM #12
For some reason, thelimelite.net seems to be down.

------------------
Made you look
2003-10-25, 4:55 AM #13
I likes the first shot.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-10-25, 6:25 AM #14
I love the Jk nostiagia(sp? lol) that it gives off, but if you added a few more details and better textures, you may get something better that you wanted.

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"My tongue is power, it thrills women, kills demons." - Nas-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-10-25, 4:19 PM #15
Yea I agree with Sol. More detail and better textures can really help this level.

------------------
^^
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2003-10-25, 6:10 PM #16
The level is plenty detailed.... I think the big focus here should be the textures. While some of them look good (like the deathstar looking window), others should be changed. Some new textures in a few areas will make this level awesome.

------------------
-Michael Kyle

The Arcane Sith
2003-10-25, 7:37 PM #17
New textures... LEC textures suck. Architectures interesting, but pointless or senseless most of the time. First two pics look alright, but then you get into some odd stuff... weird parts of the wall coming out, with odd points, odd ceiling, pointless gaps in supports, archs and outcropping to which I see no point. I've always felt the best level creators would be architects, and that architecture should be realistic and have a point to it. It's ok, but nothing overly impressive, no offence to your work, just a lot of things like it before... Try to make it stand out, be really unique.

------------------
_ _________________ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2003-10-26, 2:46 AM #18
Well, this one looks much better than that star destroyer level and for some reason that one keeps getting posts...

------------------
-Michael Kyle

The Arcane Sith
2003-10-26, 4:56 AM #19
Thanks for the advice guys. I agree with everyone that says that I need better textures. As soon as I find some and retexture the level I'll post some more screenies.

------------------

The Arcane Sith
2003-10-27, 3:38 AM #20
I think if you showed us some shots with lighting, the textures would look fine.

------------------
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2003-10-28, 11:05 PM #21
Hmmm.... This level looks interesting. The archi is very nice, also. Although the theme may have been slightly overdone, I'd still like to play this level when it's finished.

P.S. OMQ JKEDIT!!11

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-10-29, 12:49 AM #22
WOW! looks great for JKEdit. looks great in general.

another mots level. yay!

------------------
"I just found a million dollars that someone forgot" - Guns 'n' Roses
Sector 3027 - AA
"What is and what should never be"
Sector 3027 - AA
Space Station Saber Training

↑ Up to the top!