Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Wheeled Behemoth
Wheeled Behemoth
2003-11-01, 1:16 PM #1
Kuat Drive Yards HAVw A5 Juggernaut. Used the diagrmas on pages 96-97 of the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels as a reference. Modeled in Wings 3D.

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13424.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13423.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13422.jpg]

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
2003-11-01, 1:25 PM #2
HOLY CRAP.[/b]
DO NOT WANT.
2003-11-01, 1:26 PM #3
Looks nice. I think I'm going to try out this Wings3D.

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

The Arcane Sith
2003-11-01, 1:26 PM #4
Nice..

though I think your missing 1 or 2 laser cannons some where..

"with 3 heavy laser cannons, a single medium blaster cannon, and two concussion grenade launchers."

based from here

------------------
2003-11-01, 1:37 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grim Zombie:
Nice..

though I think your missing 1 or 2 laser cannons some where..

"with 3 heavy laser cannons, a single medium blaster cannon, and two concussion grenade launchers."

based from here

</font>

Some of them are combined in the same turret. For example, the turret on the top next to the observation tower contains both a laser cannon and a concussion-grenade launcher.

------------------

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
2003-11-01, 1:44 PM #6
ohh..

Btw, any one know of a program to add proper textures, and have things render in places (IE space),

------------------
2003-11-01, 1:47 PM #7
wings3d is all the rage now

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-11-01, 1:47 PM #8
btw, who the crap thought up this vehicle? How much of Kuat's construction is done on planets? I know for a fact that it wouldn't be reasonable to build a capital ship on a planet... I don't know about fighters or whatever.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-11-01, 2:07 PM #9
Wow. You've gone from "wtf is this modeling thing?" to a quite decent modeler, practically overnight. Congratulations. Anyway, it looks nice. My only suggestion would be to add some detail to the wheels, to make them look less like tin cans.

------------------
New Half-Life 2 Screenshots! (Updated Daily)
2003-11-01, 2:14 PM #10
The wheels were more detailed before, but as it is they account for half the polys. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
2003-11-01, 3:27 PM #11
Me likes

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-11-01, 4:49 PM #12
Nicely done, although one must wonder what the designers were thinking when they put that great big antenna thing on it's back.

They might as well put up a big sign - "Target here for best results!"
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2003-11-01, 5:22 PM #13
Umm... Yea, the "big antenna thingie" is an observation tower... (as stated earlier!!!)

------------------
There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who understand Binary and those who don't.

[This message has been edited by Lord_Spawn (edited November 01, 2003).]
There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who understand Binary and those who don't.
2003-11-02, 2:07 AM #14
Yeehaw! Bring it on!

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-11-02, 8:12 AM #15
Purdy, looks just like it does in the guide.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-11-02, 11:32 AM #16
Good job Chipmunk! I'm very impressed by how quickly you've picked this stuff up!

------------------
2003-11-02, 12:26 PM #17
Wow, another great model by my favorite RIT modeller! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] That's really good for only your second model. By the way, do you live on campus or off?

------------------
2003-11-02, 2:23 PM #18
Excellent. You really should get that textured - the AT-AT textures in JA would be a good start.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2003-11-02, 4:23 PM #19
Looks like the vehicle from the movie "Damnation Alley"

------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try"

↑ Up to the top!