Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → What Thrawn42689 said
What Thrawn42689 said
2003-11-10, 4:05 AM #1
For those who don't know what I'm refering too...
My version of the Imperial assault cannon. Added bolt for missile clip and added plasma clip.
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13615.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13616.jpg]
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13617.jpg]

WTF can I do to make it better, but keeping low enough polys because its external?

And tradition, whatcha think?

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.

The 2 riddle!

[This message has been edited by Descent_pilot (edited November 10, 2003).]
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-11-10, 10:01 AM #2
I like it.
The Handle seems alittle off. not sure why but ti seems, maby, unbalaced, squareish, somthing like that.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Porv. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:7-6
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2003-11-10, 10:04 AM #3
I would put less polys into curving that banana thing on the top, and more into adding things like switches, groves, buttons, and other details for the side of the gun.

It could also use a stock, it looks top heavy.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-11-10, 10:54 AM #4
Defenetly add a stock, and some flashy flat-things on the side.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-11-10, 11:20 AM #5
or move the handle forward and make it smaller so it;s a shoulder mounted weapon. It look too pistl sized right now.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-11-10, 12:03 PM #6
The weapon is longer and the barrel is thinner. It is shoulder-mounted. As far as I'm aware of, there's no hand-grip beneath. The weapon is held up and fired via a handle on it's right side, I believe. The change between the curved shoulder mount and the barrel is smoother (IE, not 90 degree angle). A stock seems pointless, imo.

------------------
_ _________________ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2003-11-11, 11:51 AM #7
Put in animated clips! You shoot, the things move down.
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-11-11, 12:00 PM #8
I might be wrong.. but isnt a bolt used to eject the casing of a bullet after it has been fired and then to put another bullet into the firing area? I miss the part where blasters have either individual bullets or casings to eject. I though the plasma clip is just like an energy unit and some mechanism inside the gun just creates a blast and it gets shout out the barrel.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-11-11, 12:31 PM #9
How about some place to release steam?

BTW, when holding the handle, will the top of hand will be seen or with the palm be upward? (wierd question)

------------------
What is a sig you may ask. A sig is only a small factor in the flow of life. It is just a minor detail of the universe we live in. To understand the true purpose of this sig, you must understand how life influences it. To do that you must understand how the functions of life work in the world. There you shall know how time plays a role. Time and life are...you sir! Is that a monkey?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-11-11, 1:53 PM #10
people people, why dont you texture?

------------------
"Everyone Dies..."
-Fett

My Website
Brad's Highschool Level
Unfinished Levels For Download
"Everyone Dies..."
-Fett

My Website
Brad's Highschool Level
Unfinished Levels For Download
2003-11-11, 2:06 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brad S:
people people, why dont you texture?
</font>

Maybe because some people can't?

Body/barrels longer but they stay the same width, gave alittle more room for the trigger finger, the missiles that will fill the clip will be animated [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif], Cazor, you're right thats what bolts are for, but the bolt in this case only loads the missile into the chamber because the missiles don't come with casings [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif], and that handle on the side is either the clip or the bolt, you hold it like you would an MP5 more or less, with your support hand on the bottem of the body. I really need to add those missiles sometime....

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.

The 2 riddle!
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-11-11, 8:01 PM #12
Nice.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz