Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Yet another showcase from me :roll eyes:
Yet another showcase from me :roll eyes:
2004-04-14, 6:16 PM #1
[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/169/6.gif]

A new right hand for JK pov models.

Yippie [/sarcasm]

Not the first time this has been done (obviously), but for some reason in the past two days I've been wanting to make this, so here it is. Don't have a clue why I'm bothering.

It'll definitely be an easier texturing job when I'm done though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif].

It's not done yet, so any suggestions? Any comments?

btw, I'll get back to my gauss in a little bit.

------------------
Bond, Power, CA, The Force, Saber, IC, Epic, Oily Mexican Food, BG, /\ |> /\ /\/\, Sentences.
Now you know where I've been.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-04-14, 6:36 PM #2
Looks good, but the size change between the joints looks like it's too much.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-04-14, 6:56 PM #3
Well it looks very good.. and i can only say that the fingers needs to be improved alot! but the rest is fine

------------------
Snake
Snake
2004-04-14, 7:04 PM #4
I knew something looked off about those fingers!
I must've been thinking bones or something when I was working. I'll fix that.

I was concentrating more on the palm area, too, trying to get it to look like a real palm instead of a flat block. Looks like I've at least partially succeeded with that.

btw, when you talk about the "fingers" and "joints", are you including the thumb?

------------------
Bond, Power, CA, The Force, Saber, IC, Epic, Oily Mexican Food, BG, /\ |> /\ /\/\, Sentences.

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited April 14, 2004).]
2004-04-14, 7:25 PM #5
Yeah, from the top the thumb looks a bit screwy.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-04-14, 10:33 PM #6
You could of gotten away with grouping the last three fingers together.

------------------
Try not, do; or do not.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-04-15, 5:14 PM #7
[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/169/71082084471.gif]

Updates. Made the fingers more beefy and I found out that the thumb was about twice the size it should have been (found out when I was posing it for a Thumbs Up shot). But now it looks a bit small. In any case, it looks like the thumb needs the most work now.

------------------
2004-04-15, 5:18 PM #8
Thumb looks fine to me.

The fingers need the most work. They still look like robot fingers.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-16, 8:33 AM #9
You need to move the sections of the fingers closer together so they don't have divets at the joints. Also, fingers aren't perfectly round, they are actually kind of square.

------------------
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.
2004-04-16, 11:58 AM #10
Is it just me or does this one hand have more polies than you would find in a beautiful level such as Asp's?

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-04-17, 8:23 AM #11
the fact that JK cannot achieve stretchy nodes is most annoying, so we are forced to use self made fingers, that can never look as good as HL and JA can do it. But they aint too bad.

squash the fingers against each a bit, get rid of that small gap, and they'l look more human, and also when texturing, if you do a good job the fingers almost merge. But its jk, so its just almost
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-04-17, 1:30 PM #12
'kay, I squared the fingers a little (not much but they're no longer perfectly round). I pushed the joints together more, and I did a bit of vertex pushing/pulling on the thumb to improve how it looked when rotated 90 degrees from the start position (approx how it would be oriented when holding a gun). I also made all the joints point straight down (as you can easily see), and that is contributing to the slightly awkward look of the thumb. I hadn't thought about it before but I would likely have to do that either way if I wanted a good application of the textures in Force Remap. I also added more thickness to the fingers (again).

btw, the hand itself is 516 polies.

[http://www.msnusers.com/Eurich/Documents/hands3.gif]

------------------
2004-04-17, 1:48 PM #13
Nice Red X but, I've seen better.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-17, 2:00 PM #14
If you get a red x, right click and select "Show Picture". If that doesn't work, I don't know, 'cause when I did it that fixed the prob.
It's probably doing that because of where I'm hosting it, which is not the IC.

------------------
2004-04-18, 7:59 AM #15
Looks really good, but the fingers look a little... skinny... I know it's been mentioned before, just putting my two cents in ^_^

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif] Lookin good though, everything will be amazing once it's finished!

------------------
We are all forsaken, and the sins that we have taken shall now send us to our graves.
No-one knows what it's like to be the bad man,
to be the sad man Behind Blue Eyes.

- The Who
2004-04-19, 12:10 PM #16
I can't see the pic.

------------------
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.
2004-04-19, 5:12 PM #17
http://www.msnusers.com/Eurich/Documents/hands3.gif

I'll try using url tags instead of the image tags. Server must not like "hotlinking" (or whatev its called -- I forgot).
I'm just experimenting to see if I can use my MSN webspace for extra file hosting. If the url link doesn't work for you, tell me (I'll try to use the IC though unless I have 8 pics already uploaded).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited April 19, 2004).]
2004-04-20, 12:52 AM #18
Holy crap! it looks great to me.

------------------
Nightfire Mod
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-04-20, 1:37 AM #19
Ok ive been waiting an hour and my post hasnt shown up on my comp. So if it doesnt show up it basically imposed the words WOW! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]. And the image thing isnt working for me so feel free to use that ftp server of mine if you ever need to upload your showcase pictuers.

------------------
Nightfire Mod
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi

↑ Up to the top!