Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Well its here finally...
Well its here finally...
2004-06-09, 3:11 PM #1
I finally got around to sending massassi Remnant Temple Part A. Now let me get this straight for all the people that havent read the story line... This is the first part and you are not in the sith temple yet but in the imperial base part. Please dont jump my case if you get metal imperial look instead of sith temple. IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT PART.

Now that that is all summed up I hope you download my level (and dial up can do this q3map2 shrank the file size considerably) and please give me your questions and comments. Also PLEEZE tell me if there is a problem with the file or if there is anything missing (and there da** well better not be cause i double checked) so I can fix it and resend it. Thanks a lot and i hope you enjoy playing it!

heres one of the screenshots: [http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/remnanttemple2.jpg]

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness

[This message has been edited by Prince Xizor (edited June 09, 2004).]
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-09, 3:33 PM #2
They're called levelshots.
Anyways, I played this level a while back, when you released it for public beta. Good job on the level! Any chance you will be making the jump to JK3?
2004-06-09, 3:49 PM #3
I haven't played it yet,but from the screenshots I'd say you need to put a lot more detail into your environments. I have a lot of free time coming up, so I'll post something (hopefully constructive) once I've actually played it.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-09, 6:11 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moberemk:
Anyways, I played this level a while back, when you released it for public beta. Good job on the level! Any chance you will be making the jump to JK3?
</font>

Oh you played the beta. Thanks! Even though there was a problem with the scripts in the PK3. But yes after I finish making part b of Remnant Temple I will probably be doing some JA things but i really do like JO a lot better because I am more familiar with it.

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-09, 10:15 PM #5
A new SP level. That's good news! I will launch the trusty old JO some day soon and play this through carefully, to be able to write a fair review at Map-Review.

However, I suggest you move to JA. I know you might feel hesitant to do it, since I had that feeling myself, although I knew there was no other choice. But the fact is that JO is not the eternal JK, and most of the people have moved to JA, as you can see just by looking at the numbers of submissions or editing questions or WIPs. And the reason is simple: JA is much better. You will like it better, if you just give it a chance.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-06-10, 1:36 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moberemk:
</font>

:P We've been saying "screenshot" since JK so it really doesnt matter.

Anyway, the map looks nice, I may download it if I can ever find my JO CDs

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-10, 4:31 AM #7
If you ask me, screenshot is a better term. He's taking a picture of what's on his screen. Levelshot just implies something completely different to me.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-10, 5:22 AM #8
That one is, technically speaking, a screenshot. In JO, the levelshot is the shot that appears as you load the level. It does not show the HUD or the console, if you have it down.
A screenshot shows exactly what is on the screen. This is a screenshot.

Anyway, I might play this sometime. Kudos for sticking with JO-There are so few editors like us left, it's always nice to see another.

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-06-10, 6:53 AM #9
Yah I was to lazy to find where i wrote down the command to get it without the HUD. Oh well.

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness
2004-06-10, 10:55 AM #10
For the arcitecture, you need more detail. You also need to use better textures. You had some very nice scripted events though(like the Reborn breaking through the grate) and cutscenes.

------------------
2004-06-10, 12:46 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lassev:

However, I suggest you move to JA. And the reason is simple: JA is much better. You will like it better, if you just give it a chance.

</font>

Yup, lassev is right. I am intending on a long SP tc myself for JKA. JO is good but JKA is better. Plus they have released animations for JA so its a better reason to use JA. Other then that it was a enjoyable level. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-06-11, 9:49 AM #12
Well I always have been bad at coming up with interesting archi and textures but this next level wont be as bad. Ive already come up with an intricate second room that will be very pleasing to a mappers eye.

Thank you for the comments though. It tells me what I still need to work on. Also my map will be better because I am mapping in GTK now and it is doing a much better job.

edit: And yes JA is good but I hadnt gotten GTK when I started this map and I dont think you can map for JA in JK2Radiant. But now because I am continuing a series in JO this next installment will be in JO and not JA. After I am finished with this though a lot of my games will be in JA.

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness

[This message has been edited by Prince Xizor (edited June 11, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!