Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Bryce 5 = secksy
Bryce 5 = secksy
2004-07-02, 7:39 PM #1
oo... so fun.. great proggy.

IMAGES FROM MY AWESOME WEBSPACE!:
(COPY + PASTE LINKS!!)

http://wakka.s5.com/images/cool.jpg
Tree. o_0

http://wakka.s5.com/images/armageddon.jpg
Armageddon-ish thinger.

http://wakka.s5.com/images/stalligan-island.jpg
They will return. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Moo.

[This message has been edited by FeTT (edited July 02, 2004).]

Moo.
2004-07-02, 7:44 PM #2
I think I editted it enough. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-02, 7:53 PM #3
LOL!!1 BTW THIS IS MY COMMENT ROFL

------------------
m0o!!1 rofl!

[This message has been edited by A_Big_Fat_CoW (edited July 02, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by LIDIGATION JACKSON!! (edited July 02, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Bill Cosby (edited June 43, 1979).]

[This message has been edited by A_Big_Fat_CoW (edited July 02, 2007).]

Moo.
2004-07-02, 8:02 PM #4
Cow, that had me laughing for a good while. haha. Also, I like the tree in the middle of the ocean..and COMRADES!

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-02, 8:02 PM #5
[http://mink.weezel.net/~tristan/vProfile/gbktext.php?text=GOOD%20GRAVY&lite=255&bold=0&italic=0&ul=0]

------------------
Moo.

[This message has been edited by A Large Corpulent BovinE (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 8:12 PM #6
[*chokes and dies*]

------------------
DIE TERRISTS! WHEE

[This message has been edited by Pretzel (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 8:17 PM #7
Welcome to Massassi, and amusing first post and username. Does this mean Kerry wins? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-02, 8:18 PM #8
OH. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]
------------------
Moo.

Moo.
2004-07-02, 8:34 PM #9
Cow, you stole my edit joke. I demand credit.

Anywho, I love the first 2 pics, but the water in the last one just doesn't feel like water. I've never been good at describing things, so I'll leave it to someone else to suggest corrections.

------------------
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2004-07-02, 8:40 PM #10
Heh, which one? I used a lot of stuff in my edit(s)... wo0t FOR BAwLS!!11

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-02, 8:44 PM #11
There was some clipping errors with the picture i imported for the terrain in the 3rd, and I don't know what was wrong with the water there; it mostly generates itself.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-03, 2:18 AM #12
sex

sex

and more sex

/me is all sexed out
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-03, 2:28 AM #13
Umm, congratulations on using all the presets in Bryce to manufacture a quick render in approx 15 minutes?

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-07-03, 5:46 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Umm, congratulations on using all the presets in Bryce to manufacture a quick render in approx 15 minutes?

</font>

My thoughts exactly.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-03, 5:53 AM #15
Yah, some of the cooler things in Bryce are the abstract ones that take little time or effort. I challenge you to make something truely realistic looking in this program. It'll look awesome, but it's HARD.

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-07-03, 6:39 AM #16
What the hell is up with like the first 5 posts?? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-03, 6:47 AM #17
Does Bryce 5 have a demo or something? I'd like to fiddle with it.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-03, 8:41 AM #18
Bryce is awesome. The presets are good, but it really gets fun when you start building models in Wings 3d and then start importing them into bryce.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-03, 8:59 AM #19
Lookin' good... Me like Bryce5... I have it! And I'm using it to make fancy textures for JK... Might showcase them sometime...

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-07-03, 11:37 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Does Bryce 5 have a demo or something? I'd like to fiddle with it.

</font>

I believe it has a 30day trial. Go to www.corel.com and look for it.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
2004-07-03, 1:31 PM #21
Bryce was originally by Metacreations, then owned by Corel, but I believe a certain "Dav3D" has it now. I don't think there's a trial. Could be wrong.

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-07-03, 2:57 PM #22
also, the best part is that you can import your own image textures into bryce, so oyu don't have to rely on the default low-detail materials. It's just like working with a brush editor.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-03, 3:19 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RingMaster481:
Yah, some of the cooler things in Bryce are the abstract ones that take little time or effort. I challenge you to make something truely realistic looking in this program. It'll look awesome, but it's HARD.

</font>

Hard is an understatement. Trying to keep track of all of the Grouped Boolian objects can get to be horrific after a short time. It's a great program, I just wish I didn't have to do 3 day renders for some of my stuf.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-07-03, 3:41 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:

</font>

Uhh, that was sort of ignorant to say. I'm not looking for -YOUR- approval or any gratification.. I'm just posting some things I whipped up; maybe even see if someone else had something.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-03, 4:24 PM #25
Something someone else whipped up eh?

LARGE IMAGES AHEAD.
I linked to keep people happy.

Reaction
Isotope (Incomplete)
Tears

Reaction is the most recent, followed by Tears, 343, and Isotope. All were desktops, except for Isotope, which never got finished. I wasn't happy with where it was going.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-07-03, 4:41 PM #26
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

*Tears up all work and gets back to the drawing board*

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-03, 5:58 PM #27
I should mention that each of those underwent a Photoshop treatment before they became finalized.

Bryce is a truely awesome program, once you figure out how to use it. Getting the good renders is usually only half of the process for me.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-07-03, 6:25 PM #28
Good lord, those are some sheckshay renders, phoenix.

------------------
If you can read this you're
TOO DAMN CLOSE!!
2004-07-03, 6:26 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Something someone else whipped up eh?

LARGE IMAGES AHEAD.
I linked to keep people happy.

Reaction
Isotope (Incomplete)
Tears

Reaction is the most recent, followed by Tears, 343, and Isotope. All were desktops, except for Isotope, which never got finished. I wasn't happy with where it was going.

</font>

how did you do that? Did you model those shapes in bryce and/or some other program? Also, how did oyu get the materials to react to light like that, and what materials are you using?

could you splice together a tutorial for making stuff like that? Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 03, 2004).]
2004-07-04, 5:47 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FeTT:

Uhh, that was sort of ignorant to say. I'm not looking for -YOUR- approval or any gratification.. I'm just posting some things I whipped up; maybe even see if someone else had something.

</font>

Uhh, that was sort of ignorant to say. This showcase forum is meant for showcasing your works, and as such, most people expect responses. It's not like you specifically stated in the thread that you didn't want criticism, or wanted to see others works. So quit assuming everyone knows what you are thinking.

And anyways, I think my comment pointed out a valid complaint: Your renders look like you spent about 15 minutes in them. It's the Bryce equivalent of making a dflt.mat cube in JK and adding a bunch of catwalk 3DOs to fill it up.

------------------
2004-07-04, 6:57 AM #31
Who cares how much work it took? To someone who doesn't know the program (like myself), I think they look damn cool. Obviously he did, too, as he just started working with the program recently, and wanted to showcase some of the stuff he messed around with. You don't need to jump at his throat simply because it's not as good as you want it to be. Seriously, get over yourself.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-04, 11:33 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
Who cares how much work it took? To someone who doesn't know the program (like myself), I think they look damn cool. Obviously he did, too, as he just started working with the program recently, and wanted to showcase some of the stuff he messed around with. You don't need to jump at his throat simply because it's not as good as you want it to be. Seriously, get over yourself.

</font>

I believe he is the one that jumped at my throat. But I don't want to derail a thread, so if I somehow managed to insult someone, I'm sorry.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited July 04, 2004).]
2004-07-04, 7:08 PM #33
Phoenix, is it possible i could have Tears in anything above 1024*768 without the desktop things you took in it?

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-07-05, 6:04 PM #34
I'll throw up a links to clean versions of those pictures for Desktops and a tutorial/explaination tomorrow in a new thread. I think I've already hijacked this one enough, and I need some time to write out the tutorial and gather screens.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!