Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Gonk makes me look sucky :(
Gonk makes me look sucky :(
2004-07-14, 12:51 PM #1
This is just a start. It took me nearly two days just to do the river. It's all terrain and BSP - no static meshes, and the terrain is set to the maximum detail level the game will allow. It's gonna be a smallish 1-on-1 type deathmatch level.

There's gonna be something in the middle island.. I just don't know what yet!

That waterfall has 10 different emitters. 7 for the water, 3 for the smoke.

[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/72/1.jpg]
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/72/2.jpg]
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/72/3.jpg]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-14, 1:41 PM #2
Looks great! Only one nitpick, and that's that the water physics don't make sense.. at all. If there's a constant waterfall, it should be a lake with an outlet stream of some sort.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-14, 1:45 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
Looks great! Only one nitpick, and that's that the water physics don't make sense.. at all. If there's a constant waterfall, it should be a lake with an outlet stream of some sort.

</font>

Well, it COULD come out of an underground river, falling into the canyon, so the water physics do make a possible sense.

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-07-14, 1:50 PM #4
make a pit in the water... looks great though

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-14, 2:00 PM #5
Try to tint the water to match the sky. It's really nice, easy on the eyes and looks like a solid design.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-07-14, 2:00 PM #6
It looks good.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-14, 2:32 PM #7
Looks very tranquil.
2004-07-14, 2:59 PM #8
I think you make Gonk look sucky.

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-07-14, 3:32 PM #9
I'm still working on the sky.. so far it's just a crappy photoshopped cloud filter with a tinted light source!

I guess the water physics would make sense if the planet is so hot that the water evaporates before it has time to accumulate! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-14, 3:35 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forsakahn:
Well, it COULD come out of an underground river, falling into the canyon, so the water physics do make a possible sense.

</font>

I think he also meant that wouldn't it flood the canyon?

Anyways nice job Flexor! Makes me want to go get UT2k4.
No sig.
2004-07-14, 3:35 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Omicron88:
Looks very tranquil.</font>

------------------
What.
2004-07-14, 4:41 PM #12
Flexor--see those rocks around the waterfall?

You need to put those all over the surrounding terrain. I think that will help a lot. :]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Blown away by the force of the word, woken up by the sound of the siren. It's genocide.
2004-07-14, 5:34 PM #13
I think you and Gonk are equally as sucky... that is if by "sucky", you meant "kickass"... It's another ONS, right? So we all know it's gunna get a node on that island. Who ya tryin' ta play?

------------------
"halucid is not really intelligent but is simply a better simulator of human conversation." Googlism

...how easy life would be... if only it came with a consistancy checker.
Fabricator of Neurotic for MLP4
We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams...
Neurotic||Mobius Grith||The Atrium
2004-07-14, 6:26 PM #14
Nope, not onslaught!

------------------
2004-07-15, 4:46 AM #15
Bombing Run?? I love BR...

------------------
"halucid is not really intelligent but is simply a better simulator of human conversation." Googlism

...how easy life would be... if only it came with a consistancy checker.
Fabricator of Neurotic for MLP4
We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams...
Neurotic||Mobius Grith||The Atrium
2004-07-15, 5:42 AM #16
Deathmatch. I'm working on another map that's a BR though.

------------------
2004-07-15, 11:10 AM #17
There are some very talented people in massassi and your one of them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Nice work.

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-15, 1:20 PM #18
What Sats said. btw, I love your sig Flex, but how'd you come up with such a randomly amusing one?

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-15, 1:42 PM #19
I stole it from an article about episode 3. It was the author's way of explaining how anakin turned to the dark side. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flexor (edited July 15, 2004).]
2004-07-16, 6:12 AM #20
Hah at the sig.

But seriously, every map you come out with makes me wish I owned UT2k4. But apparrently just not enough. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!