Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → This is for trying the reverse
This is for trying the reverse
2004-07-19, 8:58 PM #1
This is for JK Pistol Mod, too many polys, so I'll have to cut down. I hope I can get it cleanly into a 3do.
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/14636.jpg]
A Sig Sauer P228, 3ds 4.2, 3 hours 30 min, 278 polys.

Also note, with all models its polygons and not always convex/planear faces. Just to note... Also, don't just comment on the model, comment on the accual rendering setup, ex lighting, posistion, num of objs, etc.

Whatcha think?

------------------
Major projects working on:
SATNRT
JK Pistol Mod
Aliens TC

[This message has been edited by Descent_pilot (edited July 19, 2004).]
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2004-07-20, 1:15 AM #2
Lovely, But why can't you get it into JK? Ruthy got a 4k poly gun in. :P

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-07-20, 1:30 AM #3
Dont cut the polys down. It looks good. If you dont want to use the seifer cog you could put up with small errors but im pretty sure theres a way to fix models (mostly) without the seifer cog. Its got something to do with lining up the surfaces on layers I think.

But yea it looks great.

------------------
~Nightfire Mod~
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-07-20, 3:02 AM #4
Uh... it may seem difficult because you're new to it, but rendering isn't really... a showcase.

"Hey guys, look at this super-cool shadow!"

The model is your best, though. I'm not sure you got the round on the barel right, though. Mind posting a few references?

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-20, 5:42 AM #5
It's hard to tell from the angle, but the barrel looks like it has more polygons than it really needs. The render isn't bad, but it's pretty dark for my tastes.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-07-20, 6:26 AM #6
Nice work! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] i luv sigsaurz...

------------------
What.

↑ Up to the top!