Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Über Jedi Suite v0.1 Public Beta
Über Jedi Suite v0.1 Public Beta
2004-07-30, 11:41 AM #1
http://junk.mzzt.net/ujs.zip

CAVEAT: By downloading this beta version, you agree to submit bug reports in this thread! Also, you'll require the .NET Framework 1.1 to run this. Get it at microsoft.com (23mb, ick).

UJS is basically finished. All that's left is a few features I forgot to add (Properties dialog for mods, so you can give them new titles/descriptions if they don't have 'em, etc), and I forgot a little bit in the update system.

Tips:
- You can turn off the right bar if you don't like it with the first link in it. You can turn it on via the options menu.
- You can turn off the Sound FX with the Options menu.
- You can check and/or change the paths Uber Jedi Suite is using for your games with the second button on the main toolbar.
- The option for the windows under the UJS menu shows/hides the windows.
- The updater will not be able to update the beta to the full version. I forgot to finish coding it.
- Press the cog icon on the toolbar to run MODpad, your launchpad for all 5 games in the DF/JK series.
- You can run Uber Jedi Suite.exe with the -patchenforcer switch to have MODpad start automatically (oops, gotta fix that name. .'/)
- All your base are belong to us.
- You can uncheck the "Read data from GOB/GOO files" option in MODpad's Options to slightly speed up the mod loading process, although it shouldn't make a difference after the first run, since the data is cached in the registry.
- You can run Dark Forces with DOSBox or VDMSound if you have them installed (UJS comes with a custom VDMS.INI file for Dark Forces). Find "Game Options" in the MODpad Options menu.
- From MODpad, you can run any of the 5 DF/JK games from the toolbar, from the run menu, or from the "More..." dialog in the run menu.
- You can launch the Dark Forces Setup from the "More..." dialog described above. It replaces the "Multi Player" option. I recommend you do this if you use DOSBox or VDMSound, to ensure the sound works correctly. Note that under NT based systems, the Setup for Dark Forces may take a few minutes to start up, so be patient, it's not hung.
- The Help system, both offline and online, is not finished.

If you have bug reports tell me which games out of the 5 DF/JK games you have installed, the error message shown, what you were doing to produce it, whether you can consistantly produce it, what OS you're running, etc.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! | Mega-ZForums

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/MotS | Pac-Man JK

"how harsh... Jedi Kirby loves his 'Special' and unique way of talking." - jEDIkIRBY, circa 2002

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited July 30, 2004).]

2004-07-30, 11:57 AM #2
*first*

thx for new version!

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-07-30, 12:02 PM #3
Oh, and also some of the components I used don't play well together. You might notice minor graphical glitches involving the background image, menu bar, task bar, etc in the main window.

[Edit: Posted a new screen. You can find them here:

http://images.mzzt.net/ujs/ ]

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! | Mega-ZForums

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/MotS | Pac-Man JK

"how harsh... Jedi Kirby loves his 'Special' and unique way of talking." - jEDIkIRBY, circa 2002

2004-07-31, 4:49 PM #4
for those of us not following what this is...can you explain?

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"

↑ Up to the top!