Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Some Terds Won't Go Down with Just One Flush
Some Terds Won't Go Down with Just One Flush
2004-10-11, 8:12 PM #1
Just something I whipped up. I plan on implementing it into something else later on. Notice the lack of toilets, I need to make them or find some good looking ones.
[http://img29.exs.cx/img29/8656/Bathroom1.jpg]
[http://img76.exs.cx/img76/852/Bathroom2.jpg]
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2004-10-11, 8:22 PM #2
Nice bathroom. Nicer than my school's. MUCH nicer. And cleaner too.

I suggest, depending on where this is, maybe have some bathroom wall graffiti in a stall or two. Also, are there going to be handles on the stall doors?

btw, there's a nice toilet 3do on this page -- ptoilet2.zip

Toilet seat might need to be changed though, because I wouldn't expect wood seats except in a house, and your level looks like a public building type of thing.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-11, 8:36 PM #3
Needs a lot of work, and definetly not worth showcasing yet. Try a bit more effort before showcasing next time.

This is a problem that we used to have; just because someone would make something, they'd want to post it. As soon as you get something in game, posting it is usually the last thing you want to do. Tweaking it, editing it, or most of the time, completelly redoing it are ways to completelly improve uppon it. It'll also make you more proficient in JED, and make what once took hours go by in about 10 minutes.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-11, 8:39 PM #4
That is one huge bathroom. o.O
2004-10-11, 9:21 PM #5
those stalls are huge in relation to the player.

The toilet paper dispensers look big enough to have newspapers on a roll instead of toilet paper.

Try scaling it down.

Assuming this is the mens room (otherwise kyle must be gender confused, heh heh) where are the condom dispensing machines at? :D
2004-10-11, 9:31 PM #6
Oh is that what those are? I thought it was odd that they said "Provided for your safety" but I thought they were toilet seat covers.
2004-10-12, 3:39 AM #7
Those are the assgasket dispensers :-p
2004-10-12, 5:08 AM #8
Kirby, I didn't post this as a final product. I needed some input, which I got, and now I can use that to work on it a bit. I'll show updates whenever I get more time to work on it. Again, thanks for the input!
2004-10-12, 6:36 AM #9
The stall textures seem a little too solid in color.

I love your ideas, though Trige. I can't wait to find out what this is for.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-10-12, 8:08 AM #10
Now I've fudged things up royally! I re-did all the 3D0's to fit the height of kyle, and now when I try to run the level, I get 100% CPU usage. Still tinkering around...
2004-10-12, 1:47 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
That is one huge bathroom. o.O
can't you tell? he's in the Big and Tall section of the mall
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-10-12, 3:24 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS

Probably due to recent disabled regulations. How else they gonna fit a wheelchair in there?
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2004-10-13, 6:10 AM #13
Nice... Mind if I leave a Floater there? :p :D
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-13, 10:09 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Probably due to recent disabled regulations. How else they gonna fit a wheelchair in there?

be that as it may, those stalls look to be twice as tall as kyle. Who needs 12-foot high stall dividers, anyway?
2004-10-13, 10:22 AM #15
This is a poor reason for the size of the stalls. Kyle is on an alien planet where the average size of the inhabitants is 10' 3". Having said that, I actually wanted them to fit kyle's size, so I re-made them. Now I've got some problems with the new ones, so I'm re-re-making them. Cheers!
2004-10-13, 3:25 PM #16
Quote:
be that as it may, those stalls look to be twice as tall as kyle. Who needs 12-foot high stall dividers, anyway?

People who are... 12 feet tall?
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2004-10-13, 11:53 PM #17
Quote:
Some Terds Won't Go Down with Just One Flush

Especially when there is nothing to flush them down.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-10-14, 12:18 AM #18
Instead of scaling things down, you could always change the setting of the level to that "death by snoo-snoo" planet in Futurama...
He's got to follow his own path. No one can choose it for him.
2004-10-14, 12:32 AM #19
I was the full time Janitor at a pulp mill for 3 weeks this summer. I cleaned lots of bathrooms (very well I might add. Everyone loved me because I kepted things really clean). This just sort of reminded me of those days. Fun!
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2004-10-14, 12:04 PM #20
i dont care, you cant loose with a thread title like that :D
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-14, 12:16 PM #21
Looks like some good work, though I'm worried that Hutts may not be able to fit into them, and might sue. However, when a Hutt does use a bathroom, it generally needs to be destroyed, and designated a toxic waste dump...

Also, I like the fact that you bothered to put a drain in the floor. Also, might it be a bit dark for a bathroom? I'd hate to have to go in there.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-14, 2:18 PM #22
A Hutt, using a bathroom?:eek:
And I who thought the Pak'ma'ras were bad...
*pukes from the thoughts*
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-14, 5:56 PM #23
Quote:

Try scaling it down.

Yea...
2004-10-14, 11:22 PM #24
Nice *cough*giant*cough* bathroom. Nice thread title.:p;)
2004-10-15, 6:36 AM #25
Here's what's happening with the revision. I made them a size to fit kyle, but I've had the same problem every time I test the new stalls. If Kyle is facing the 3DO's when he spawns, I get 100% CPU usage. So I decided to place kyle elsewhere in the level. Now, when I go to the stalls some of the 3DO's will be missing, and when I fire any weapon, the game will crash. I'm guessing that this is because it might have too many 3DO's in sector maybe? Someone have any thoughts?

↑ Up to the top!