Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → my first poem in 8 years
my first poem in 8 years
2007-09-05, 6:24 PM #1
[CENTER]The Man on the Television[/CENTER]

The man on the television
Sings through the pain
His face so like his
Familiar, yet alien
In that time
So close

The man on the television
Uses his tools
Discordant melody
His hands like his
Worn by his work

The cold light washes over me
Six months
A new year
And finally

A tear
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-09-06, 4:12 PM #2
wow. i thought poetry was popular in here. i thought i'd at least get a "you suck" from someone.
2007-09-07, 8:37 AM #3
Eh, I really don't like it. Mostly because I don't like having to "figure out" poetry, but also because phrases like 'cold light washes over me' are so trite that I can't really give it a decent chance.

But that doesn't mean I don't want you to keep posting poetry. As long as you're willing to work at being a better poet, we like reading it here.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-09-07, 6:47 PM #4
yes, i agree, the cold light bit is kind of rank. it was for an assignment and its supposed to be descriptive of a moment of grief one had. (or rather its supposed to be thematically similar to poems we read as homework/in class, which were all grief related.)

i wonder if i could write it differently so its meaning is more clear.
2007-09-09, 10:43 AM #5
Ditto for the cold light part, but then again if it's for an assignment, that can force it into something that doesn't sound right.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-09-10, 10:05 AM #6
To be honest I'm not amazed, but it's better than what I can do.

↑ Up to the top!