Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Game testing (again)
Game testing (again)
2007-09-17, 5:45 PM #1
I got lots of great feedback last time I posted this. I've now implemented:

- a few varieties of enemies
- limited HP's for the player
- A local set of high scores (just tracks scores done by a person in a sitting)
- a few other things

If any of your are bored, would you mind playing through a few times? I know it's not nearly polished yet, but I'd like to have something that I can use in my portfolio. The main thing I'm looking for right now is how far you guys can get in it. What kind of high scores are you getting?

Link:
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vandeweghe/web/flash
2007-09-17, 6:11 PM #2
When I die and restart, the enemies from the previous instance remain on the screen

The crosshair is currently drawn below the enemies

It would be nice if there was some indication, some small explosion, when you hit the enemy but it doesn't kill them yet.
2007-09-18, 5:23 PM #3
I get hurt even when the shots don't hit me...? :psyduck:

2007-09-19, 2:31 AM #4
it's unclear whether an enemy hitting the wall behind you affects your health

but looks good!
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2007-09-19, 6:27 AM #5
and the size of it is annoying, its difficult to have the full game onscreen at once
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-09-19, 5:53 PM #6
You know, I think its interesting that you can shoot disabled ships into other ships. It almost makes me wish you should expand on that concept, like stun a ship and use it as a trap for others coming down on the screen. yay for tactics?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!