Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Mexican Standoff: Bermuda Passage
Mexican Standoff: Bermuda Passage
2008-06-16, 3:26 PM #1
Another artwork series I've started recreates a critical moment from one of the battle threads I attend over at the XWAU Forums (Open Battle III)

This rendering is based on a battle thread the guys and me were having a few months back in the XWAUP Forum. Numerous fleets were engaged in a sort-of mexican stand-off in the dark mists of the Bermuda Passage.

This image begins the series with a part of the ESS fleet, task force Dominance to be precise, with the equally named heavy battlecruiser in the back, accompanied by a flotilla of Predator-class Star Destroyers plus some Inferno IIs along with a Warhammer-class heavy cruiser further back.

but enough talk, enjoy part 1 of the new series. Just click the picture for the big version over at my DeviantART site. :)
[http://www.bluephantom.de/img/artwork/standoff1_1000.jpg]
ESS Supreme Commander Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ
The Blue Phantom Project
2008-06-16, 6:11 PM #2
hmm, wheres the brightness booster for my moniter :smith:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-06-16, 11:01 PM #3
Awesome!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-06-18, 2:51 PM #4
Looks amazing, but I can barely see it on any of my computers.
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2008-06-19, 6:59 AM #5
Amazing! (once I adjusted the brightness so that I could tell what it was, that is) What are those Star Destroyers... Victories? Some other model?
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2008-06-19, 10:28 AM #6
Those are Predators,

They indeed do look a bit similar to VSD, funny enough I drew the first sketch for it quite a few years before knowing the VSD :D
Vince T's X-Wing HQ
The Blue Phantom Project
2008-06-19, 11:26 AM #7
Originally posted by GeneralRamos:
Amazing! (once I adjusted the brightness so that I could tell what it was, that is) What are those Star Destroyers... Victories? Some other model?

You know what, I think I'm just now realizing there are two different "Generals" here who make renders of spaceships.

I've been thinking you're just one guy all this time, gg
2008-06-19, 1:18 PM #8
LOL!

Here we go with part II: Opposition

Originally opposed to the ESS is a fleet of Imperial Remnants, led by the modified Vengeance-Battlecruiser Proditus, accompanied by a massive fleet of Praetor- and Imperator II-class Star Destroyers.

Now, however, we also whitness a second Warhammer-class Cruiser joining in on the Dominance's port side. Odds are pretty much even.

Again, click the picture for the big version. :)
[http://www.bluephantom.de/img/artwork/standoff2_1000.jpg]
Vince T's X-Wing HQ
The Blue Phantom Project
2008-06-19, 2:19 PM #9
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;928275']You know what, I think I'm just now realizing there are two different "Generals" here who make renders of spaceships.

I've been thinking you're just one guy all this time, gg

Holy crap, me too! Well you're both awesome and these wallpaper renders are sweet.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2008-06-19, 5:39 PM #10
We've also both contributed to the XWA Upgrade project (though only one textured ship and a bunch of untextured models in my case)

Trageton, what are you rendering these in?
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2008-06-19, 11:25 PM #11
Deep Exploration, then I use Corel Photo Paint for post production
Vince T's X-Wing HQ
The Blue Phantom Project
2008-06-20, 7:22 PM #12
Originally posted by General_Trageton:
LOL!

Here we go with part II: Opposition

Originally opposed to the ESS is a fleet of Imperial Remnants, led by the modified Vengeance-Battlecruiser Proditus, accompanied by a massive fleet of Praetor- and Imperator II-class Star Destroyers.

Now, however, we also whitness a second Warhammer-class Cruiser joining in on the Dominance's port side. Odds are pretty much even.

Again, click the picture for the big version. :)
[http://www.bluephantom.de/img/artwork/standoff2_1000.jpg]

Looks pretty nice! But I have to say here the use of the clouds filter looks sadly lazy compared to the detail on the models and textures.

↑ Up to the top!