Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Civilization
Civilization
2008-08-02, 10:19 PM #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X71s0OEo3qY

Civilization: The Beginning and the End of a Rebirth

Part I: The Beginning

Ever since our civilization was, the divine vision of division has been a prison for the progression of a people whose downfall was the creation of "The Nation"; also known as an excuse to flaunt superiority via raised flags and dotted lines. And in time we learned to debate and hate and become irate over my god and your god, and my skin and your skin, until we viewed our kin as sin and waged wars to cleanse our former lovers into demons and traitors that deserved nothing more than a death from above.

The same above that created us as one with no thirst for blood or sense of hate. The same above that made us to live and love with no mind for separation and degradation of land, and no need for one on top to lead a blinded mass to greed until they fed off the living and mourned for the dead in what's ended up becoming the stepping stones for our modern civilization.

And after a while everything on earth had a taste of loss and failure, from man to tree to the very air that we all breathed. But none of that mattered anymore, because no one had felt the warmth of acceptance or the comforts of love. It was as if blood had given birth to a new world within a world and in it stubbornness and greed had been ingrained in every living organism on earth. Stubbornness so strong that even when faced with the ultimate and final song of death, we as a people could not unify to save our own.

Part II: The End

Civilization is ending, and for those in denial I can only say, I'm sorry. Some have said that the world is progressing, that we now refrain from killing the poor and the innocent. But if you stand far enough back to see the entire picture we now create the poor and ignore them until they die on their own, and we berate the innocent until they plead guilt on our electric chairs of supposed justice and equality. And how can you say that we're walking the right line when the only time we unify is to kill the ones who've killed? Because when it's time to heal the wounded it's every man, woman, and child for themselves.

We've welcomed the end with open arms, waving goodbye with a smile on our face and a remote control in place of our family and friends, and anything else that isn't in style for that matter. Why, though? Why are we so open to the final countdown, when all the world needs is a little push in the right direction? Is it because our push comes to shove comes to nuclear warfare comes to a radiated planet of sick and suffering children? Because if that's all we're worried about, we can sit down and relax because it's already happened. Look around at this epidemic from a realistic point of view. There's nothing mystic or pessimistic about it, we just don't care.

So as long as we're all perfectly fine living in an autistic nation that creates food and children from the same laboratory, that mass markets carcinogenic meat and fruit as if it were going out of style, why should we fight one last fight? Because we aren't concerned about you, we are concerned about me. We'd rather trade in our aborted children for rotted souls seemingly fresh by means of preserves that almost guarantees that we have a spot reserved at the right hand of our fathers best. So long salvation, we're begging for the end.

Part III: The Rebirth

The rebirth of civilization is a problem that perplexes us all. How do you reboot a world of violence without violence itself? According to the government there isn't a problem at all, and according to the same government on a different day its another tour of war that will act as a cure for the avian flu, cancer, HIV, and even war itself. And to further problem a problem, the words war and genocide can now coincide without actually mentioning either. Why try and justify those who die when they can just die without any words at all?

What the world needs is some good old fashioned love and peace. Just like mom and dad used to preach. The only difference between then and now, is they actually got up to change the world, and that was on drugs, so what's our excuse now? Why can't we turn this divided world into a unified Pangaea of trust and rid of that ingrained stubbornness once and for all? We need to tear down our physical and mental borders and start seeing the world for what it is, a speck in the midst of a bigger picture. We're so insignificant in the grand scheme of things we have almost no reason to fight over anything. We aren't a civilization of "these" people and "those" people, we're a civilization of people, and the sooner we break down that border, the sooner we can start working on the others.

I hope that future generations can read this and laugh with a breath of fresh air, but at this rate I somehow doubt future generations will be reading this at all. But that won't stop me from trying, and hoping for the rebirth of a civilization into a creation that we can all believe in, that we can all see in, and that we can all live in until words such as rape, genocide, death, and hate become obsolete, and with it we'll relish in a permanent spring of what was supposed to be in the beginning.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-08-03, 12:04 AM #2
Very nice.

Quote:
And how can you say that we're walking the right line when the only time we unify is to kill the ones who've killed? Because when it's time to heal the wounded it's every man, woman, and child for themselves.

My favorite part.

Also, who's on the first line should be whose. Perfect otherwise as far as I can tell.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-08-04, 7:10 PM #3
Danke. (fix'd)
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!