Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → More of the same damn thing?
More of the same damn thing?
2008-08-05, 6:36 PM #1
I know I know, every time I come back after going away I have another model of a gun that I made in an antiquated style no longer demanded by computer restrictions which will never be textured, edited or used for anything. You probably think that's what this thread is going to be about too. And if you think that, then you're right.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/SuperS51/fusion-1.jpg]

The fusion pistol from Marathon, my favorite FPS when I was a kid (my favorite FPS that wasn't Dark Forces, at least). The concepts from the game are pretty vague, so I had to use my imagination (on the ammo cartridges, for example). The main thing that remains true to the original is the unmistakable and, now that I look at it, completely unholdable grip. Honestly I don't know what they were thinking, but it's their ergonomic blunder not mine.
2008-08-05, 7:09 PM #2
fantastic as always sir

reminds me of a bigger version of a narn pistol from B5
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-08-05, 8:53 PM #3
I like the amount of barrels. It kills you four times!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-08-05, 9:15 PM #4
I figured as long as I was adding diodes I might as well add a lot. There was a secondary fire mode in Marathon that was a charged shot, so maybe they could fire in series for a semi-auto primary and all could fire at once for the secondary.
2008-08-05, 9:56 PM #5
i didnt know you were still around....
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-08-06, 1:35 PM #6
What does the big lump in front of the guard do?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-08-06, 3:28 PM #7
It hurts.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-08-06, 4:57 PM #8
Only cause its good. :psyduck:
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2008-08-06, 8:09 PM #9
Looks like some sort of battery or power cell? I'm not familiar with Marathon or the weapons in it.

2008-08-07, 11:00 AM #10
The lump in front of the guard is the battery. It wasn't entirely clear from the Marathon sprites how the battery was supposed to be loaded or where the battery ended and the gun began, so I just sort of came up with my own design that fit the shape of the concept. It looks essentially the same.
2008-08-08, 2:48 PM #11
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/SuperS51/magnum.jpg]

Another marathon gun, the Magnum Mega Class. Again I have no idea what the developers were thinking. The grip is awkward, the trigger is in a funny place, and on the original concept I'm pretty sure there's actually a revolver chamber in spite of the fact that it's a clip-fed, semi auto pistol. Go figure.

↑ Up to the top!