Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → [stop-motion video by my brother and I] Indiana Jinn and the Staff of Ygok Inushaman
[stop-motion video by my brother and I] Indiana Jinn and the Staff of Ygok Inushaman
2008-08-15, 5:48 PM #1
My brother and I have been dabbling in stop motion for several years, it's become rather a hobby. Earlier this summer we dug up a project that we started about 3 or 4 years ago and finished it - here's the final product. Shabby towards the beginning when our technique was poor, but we'd love to hear the constructive criticism and reactions of massassi!

link
2008-08-16, 9:52 AM #2
I thought the animation was fairly smooth. I like the crowd scenes where everyone was moving together. I'm not sure about the plot or if I even need to worry about the plot.

Not sure about the camera. I kept thinking it was for parody sake but sometimes the quality and the coloring got in the way of the viewing. Especially in the beginning. Was it a webcam or something?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-08-16, 2:13 PM #3
Me chuckled in it.
Me like stop-motion animation.
Me like your movie.
:)
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2008-08-25, 9:57 AM #4
Thanks for the comments!

The camera was indeed a webcam. We'd shot about half our footage years ago when that was our only option, so we had no choice but to use it for the rest for continuity's sake. But parody is a good way to describe it too :)
2008-08-25, 11:49 AM #5
That was hilarious. Those sets were really detailed, too. The sounds from CS and JK were especially funny.

I own every single one of those action figures.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-08-28, 2:14 PM #6
haha I loved it, it was actually pretty good

I used to do that years ago with legos and a 8mm tape video camera..
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"

↑ Up to the top!