Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Teaser Trailer - Sanityze (2008)
Teaser Trailer - Sanityze (2008)
2008-12-08, 11:22 PM #1
Here is the teaser trailer for the latest film I've been working on. I'm in the final stages of editing and I decided to make a little teaser trailer for it.

Think while it's still legal.
2008-12-09, 1:01 AM #2
I noticed a lot of camera shaking.

2008-12-09, 1:07 AM #3
There are two reasons for that.

1. Most of the footage in the teaser is from before action was called. It's mostly scrap footage.

2. Some of the shots are final footage, but without post-production stabilization. (ex. the shot when he rises up to see the office full of people)

Like I said, I just made this in the middle of editing the final film for s***s and giggles, but trust me when I say the shakes in some of the takes annoy the hell out of me too.
2008-12-09, 8:32 AM #4
music reminds me of I Am Legend
er...
2008-12-09, 10:37 AM #5
You should have just gotten me to do the filming.

My hand is steadier than my tripod. Not even kidding.
2008-12-09, 10:45 AM #6
Thinking camera shake is bad for film is a rookie mistake. How many films have you seen that kept the camera completely still? Tripods are very, very weak replacements for track mounted cameras. There are ways to improve the stability of the camera (handheld mounds with counterweighting systems), but tripods are not the way to go.
2008-12-09, 10:46 AM #7
Monopod + weight = makeshift steadycam.
2008-12-09, 12:55 PM #8
main actor looks like that fister guy who was in the army

I'm surprised anyone would complain of a slightly shaking camera when the fad nowadays is to have huge Hollywood movies with epileptic cameramen (James Bond, Bourne)

That said, scenes that don't track or pan at all (like, I assume, the white scene) should probably be on a tripod
2008-12-09, 2:18 PM #9
Hey looks good. I want to see more haha. I like the "Sanity" and then the adding of the "ze" as it flickers in. Nice touch.
2008-12-09, 2:19 PM #10
I actually didn't like that too much. I get it, I just dont like it >_>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-12-09, 2:28 PM #11
Originally posted by herb:
Thinking camera shake is bad for film is a rookie mistake. How many films have you seen that kept the camera completely still? Tripods are very, very weak replacements for track mounted cameras. There are ways to improve the stability of the camera (handheld mounds with counterweighting systems), but tripods are not the way to go.

Did I say I used my tripod for my movies? :P
2008-12-09, 3:04 PM #12
Most of the movie was done handheld, and for the most part, the camera being not so perfect is what we wanted, but in some shots (standing up to view the office & the reveal of him in the white room) we wanted more static shots because in the film they are both pivotal moments, and the shake ruins the tension that's built up to those points.

In other cases the shake is okay, like in one scene we have a three and a half minute tracking shot around the entire office, and if it was 100% steady it would have seemed robotic.
2008-12-09, 3:15 PM #13
hmm, I thought I noticed a bit of shake in the white room scene

I'm probably being oversensitive. :tinfoil:
2008-12-09, 4:37 PM #14
I noticed some shake but comparing it to the Bourne series or Bond is a bit overkill. I didn't mind it at all and I find at least the new Bond to be obnoxiously shaky.
2008-12-09, 9:38 PM #15
Am I the only one who doesn't think the new Bond movie is shaky?

The car scene is the only scene that I thought shook too much.

↑ Up to the top!