Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Star Wars Online: Tatooine
Star Wars Online: Tatooine
2009-03-31, 7:13 PM #1
Updates:
[http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/Alco01/showcasetat08.jpg]
[http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/Alco01/showcasetat09.png]
[http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/Alco01/showcasetat10.png]

I'm looking for a couple of people to help with the project. I need someone to help with smaller objects (junk parts and such), creating and placing in the level. I also need someone to plot AI movement and maybe even choreograph so preliminary missions.

If not, I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
2009-04-01, 7:07 AM #2
Is that JK? It's pretty neat!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-04-01, 8:03 AM #3
holy smokes i think i remember when you started this... looks absolutely stunning!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-04-01, 2:05 PM #4
Looks great! I wish I could help but I'm severely unqualified to do so.
2009-04-01, 2:28 PM #5
Originally posted by Jodo_Kast_BHG:
Looks great! I wish I could help but I'm severely unqualified to do so.

Do you know how to add 3do's to a level, move them around, rotate them, and then write down their x/y/z and pitch/yaw/roll values? If so, then you're qualified to help. :D
2009-04-01, 8:23 PM #6
I actually do think I know how to do that although it's been about 6 years since I've used JED. I also failed to mention I am severely cramped for time nowadays, being in a busy part of the semester and having a varsity sport schedule keep me pretty occupied. :( If you still need help around late May I'd be willing to help though!
2009-04-05, 2:08 PM #7
Does it look good at ground level though?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-05, 2:38 PM #8
[http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/Alco01/showcasetat11.png]

You can't see much because this is the middle of a city block in mos eisley. Plus the skyline looks empty because I haven't got to some of the larger buildings yet. I also haven't added the detailed terrain.
2009-04-05, 2:55 PM #9
everything looks out of place
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-04-05, 5:11 PM #10
I think the terrain's a bit too flat.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-05, 5:16 PM #11
I have never seen a hill or valley or otherwise uneven terrain in ANY recreation of Mos Eisley, in a game or in the movie.

2009-04-05, 6:05 PM #12
There should probably be sand built up along the edges of the buildings from traffic and wind.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-04-05, 6:52 PM #13
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
I have never seen a hill or valley or otherwise uneven terrain in ANY recreation of Mos Eisley, in a game or in the movie.

fine, screw you
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-05, 7:11 PM #14
So what? Doesn't mean it wouldn't look better with a little variation.

Also, the buildings are mostly pits. Like the 'space port'; it should be lower inside than outside.
2009-04-05, 10:42 PM #15
Looks good but like others have said it would look much better if you added some detail to break up the monotony and the hard artificial edges: sand build-up along the edges, stains and other variations on the ground and the sandstone surfaces, trodden-down walking paths on the ground textures, different shades of sandstone for different buildings, etc.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-04-06, 1:13 PM #16
I think I remember this project. A multiplayer RPG for JK in Mos Eisley if I remember correctly. Didn't you release a beta a long time ago?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-04-06, 1:46 PM #17
You guys are way too picky. For JK, that looks damned good. Only thing that bugs me is the blurry ground texture. Scale that sand texture down inside the city walls and keep it the same outside, and you should honestly be OK.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 3:21 PM #18
Here is the problems I have with it, it looks like it was built with 3do's. 3do levels never work. I don't see any windows or doors. I see like 3 different textures. Basically a bunch of random shapes put onto a sandy canvas. Lacks detail.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-04-06, 7:24 PM #19
Originally posted by Zell:
You guys are way too picky. For JK, that looks damned good. Only thing that bugs me is the blurry ground texture. Scale that sand texture down inside the city walls and keep it the same outside, and you should honestly be OK.

Actually, I think that might be it. It looks like an old flightsim city.

PS sorry mzzt
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-07, 11:48 PM #20
Originally posted by zanardi:
I don't see any windows or doors

That is a good point there, you should put in doors on the buildings, even if they don't open :)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

↑ Up to the top!