Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → monsters!
monsters!
2009-05-21, 7:16 PM #1
I've uploaded what I have so far. It's about 10-20 minutes of gameplay. I focused on gameplay rather than graphics, but I think it's worth downloading. And if people like it then maybe I'll do more editing.

new link: Download level

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=435§ion=screenshots&ss_id=project-435-mqypA5B7BQ.jpg
er...
2009-05-21, 8:05 PM #2
It reminds me a lot of Siege of Vol Kanst.. Very nice..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-05-22, 11:19 AM #3
It feels like a mix of the best creepy SP levels made for JK (that yuuzhan vong level, The Darkest Thing, and Laboratory), to me. My only major complaint is how monsters seem to appear out of thin air when backtracking. Occasionally you can spot them as they drop in at a ghost position.
if(GetLocalPlayerThing() != jkGetLocalPlayer()) call implode_universe;
2009-05-22, 3:50 PM #4
Hmmm... I don't think this is the latest version. I think Lexy may have forgotten to upload it. I've had this version for a month or two already and it's missing the voice acting.

:carl:
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2009-05-22, 5:16 PM #5
Ya I think you might be right...
er...
2009-05-23, 9:13 AM #6
http://www.jkhub.net/project/get.php?id=1725

sorry MrRavenX...

Here's the new version!
er...
2009-05-24, 10:22 AM #7
no worries!

Sweet level. Even after playing it a few times, those baddies still make me jump when they sneak up on me.

I thought I remembered seeing a custom 3do for the enemies awhile back with pincher like hands. Did you ditch that idea or did you plan on eventually including it?
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2009-05-24, 2:56 PM #8
Originally posted by MrRavenX:
I thought I remembered seeing a custom 3do for the enemies awhile back with pincher like hands. Did you ditch that idea or did you plan on eventually including it?

I haven't totally ditched that idea. I really do want a custom model for the monsters, but I lacked the skill/patience to texture the model in JED. Is it just me, or does the 3d preview suck when selecting surfaces?
er...
2009-05-24, 3:22 PM #9
Don't use JED to texture models. There's a simple but effective UV program called Force Remap somewhere on the JKHub.
if(GetLocalPlayerThing() != jkGetLocalPlayer()) call implode_universe;
2009-05-25, 11:18 AM #10
That helps... thanks dude
er...
2009-05-28, 4:40 PM #11
My...My god.
A new JK level, and it's very good and has effort put into it.
I could hug you.

↑ Up to the top!