Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Power of the Force
Power of the Force
2009-06-19, 12:05 PM #1
Well been on Vaca in the OBX NC, and have had a bit of free time. Decided to switch the location of the first level to Atzerri, and save the lava planet Shola for another time. But i still need a level name lol.

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=499§ion=screenshots&ss_id=project-499-sb_Q3cF1hl.jpg

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=499§ion=screenshots&ss_id=project-499-GOkRRN9Vzm.jpg
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-06-19, 12:23 PM #2
Those look like JO/JA textures...which is a no no.
2009-06-19, 12:28 PM #3
Alco, i hate to say it, but I doubt LEC is gonna jump me for it. Its only like 2 or 3 from JO. And at anyrate, it was necessary. Specially when i can't find decent textures for Star Wars levels anywhere else. Besides, they jump me then they need to jump just about everyone who has used textures or models from other games. Just let me have my few bloody moments of glory?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-06-19, 6:49 PM #4
:psyduck:
2009-06-20, 10:15 AM #5
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
Alco, i hate to say it, but I doubt LEC is gonna jump me for it. Its only like 2 or 3 from JO. And at anyrate, it was necessary. Specially when i can't find decent textures for Star Wars levels anywhere else. Besides, they jump me then they need to jump just about everyone who has used textures or models from other games. Just let me have my few bloody moments of glory?

That's fine, just don't expect massassi or the jkhub to host your levels.

Besides, there are other textures out there that could have been used instead, even JK textures.
2009-06-20, 11:01 AM #6
Can't you get some in game shots?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-06-20, 2:40 PM #7
JKHub will probably be fine to place your level. Several other levels there have JO/JA textures. Not to mention, we've already reverse-engineered the engine over there.

On the subject of Massassi not hosting a level since it has JO/JA textures: Seriously, have a look at the download section again, will you? JKE has a reverse-engineered exe inside of it's zip file, and that's on the site.

If you're going to enforce rules, enforce them all, damn it.
2009-06-20, 6:09 PM #8
http://www.mslaf.com/projects/fearis/index.html

Here's a bunch of Star Wars themed textures that anyone can use.

Not hard to use textures that aren't ripped from another game. You don't have to flip the bird to all the other mappers who take the time to avoid using such content. It's always once in awhile negative light comes upon the modding scene (of other games as well) because of some person brought unnecessary attention with similar practices.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-06-20, 9:37 PM #9
X, thanks as always for the support.
Echo, your concern and objection is duely noted. But please note, i have some of the fearis textures in my level, the lights of the door frames etc. the crates are in there for now, mainly because they looked good.
It isn't my intention to bring forth negative light to the Temple or the Hub. But please understand, if it is a widely accepted project by the communities, then i shall continue my work. And thus far its getting praise.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-06-21, 3:01 AM #10
Quote:
mainly because they looked good.
No they don't. The least you could do is rip off textures that are actually good. (If you find any in JO/JA, please let us know.)
2009-06-21, 8:45 AM #11
Haha! Well, I think the texture sets from JO and JA are pretty good, but not great. They have too much of a cartooney look about them. The JK texture set, for its time, is amazingly well done.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-06-22, 3:26 PM #12
Thez don't look bad JM. I'd be glad to do some testing for you.
2009-06-22, 5:59 PM #13
map looks pretty good! for some reason the first shot reminds me of the first level in goldeneye for n64 :)
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!