Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Title Page for that thing I was doing??!?!?
Title Page for that thing I was doing??!?!?
2009-07-18, 12:39 PM #1
[http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2266/massassimockup.jpg]

:master:
2009-07-18, 12:56 PM #2
:awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-07-18, 2:00 PM #3
It's great, but the font for the quote and authors(?) is too small, the letters are too thin. Either make it larger, increase the horizontal skew or pick another one. I assume this is going to be printed, in which case it'll be even harder to read.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-07-18, 2:02 PM #4
Not gonna be printed, and this is a small version.

i did it anyway tho
2009-07-19, 7:17 PM #5
Horizontal skew? I believe it's called tracking, Emon :argh:

Aside from the problems already mentioned, the red box behind "Hell" still looks too much like a box. I think the edges should be destroyed a little more to match the grimy nature of the rest of the image. Particularly the corners, but each side should be roughed up more too.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-07-19, 7:22 PM #6
I couldn't remember what it was called. My description is geometrically accurate. :colbert:

Also agree about breaking up the edges on the box.
2009-07-19, 7:46 PM #7
who gives a **** about typography it hardly even matters
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-07-19, 8:41 PM #8
You're right. There's hardly any difference in mood or meaning conveyed between the original and this version:
Attachment: 22316/freeisdumb.jpg (112,194 bytes)
2009-07-19, 8:44 PM #9
it was supposed to be a joke. I thought you of all people would get it :P

And, lol, for that matter: mb, who gave me a warning for that post
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-07-19, 8:45 PM #10
Oh. :P
2009-07-19, 10:31 PM #11
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
Horizontal skew? I believe it's called tracking, Emon :argh:

Aside from the problems already mentioned, the red box behind "Hell" still looks too much like a box. I think the edges should be destroyed a little more to match the grimy nature of the rest of the image. Particularly the corners, but each side should be roughed up more too.

The more I rough up the corners the more it looks like a ****ty bevel effect. :/
2009-07-20, 5:42 AM #12
When things are destroyed and crumbling away, pieces don't just disappear; they relocate. Try putting some flecks outside of the bounding box. This will break up the straight line that could be used for a sobriety field test you have going there.
2009-07-20, 5:46 AM #13
Originally posted by Emon:
I couldn't remember what it was called. My description is geometrically accurate. :colbert:

skew (noun): a deviation from a straight line : slant :neckbeard:

↑ Up to the top!