Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Feel the Power
Feel the Power
2009-08-12, 9:21 PM #1
Well it's been a while folks.
After reworking most of my ideas and sketching out some designs, PotF is back on track.
Once again, I've changed the first location to the lava world of Shola.
I release my planet names sound funny but if your familiar with SW:EAW (Empire at War) you'll recognise the names.
Its a good idea because it give us some previously unexplored areas.
Heres a complete list of updates.
01_Shola:
75% Architexture
10% 3DO Placement
10-20% COG placement
15% voice acting.
And yes i said voice acting. I'll need some people eventually to handle miscellanious voices, such as computers and other random things.
I personally will be handeling the voicing for Zero Raven, sorry.
Well thanks for the support.
May the Force be with you.
~Zero Raven
Attachment: 22514/01_Shola-A.jpg (50,864 bytes)
Attachment: 22515/01_Shola-B.jpg (44,717 bytes)
Attachment: 22516/01_Shola-C.jpg (45,653 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-08-13, 12:22 AM #2
I can definitely see that you're improving, keep up the good work.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-08-13, 4:45 AM #3
Architecture.

You should pay more attention to the lighting that's painted onto the textures. For example, the texture you have inside of the door frames looks like it's padding on one side of the frame, while on the other side it looks indented. The easy way of fixing this is cleaving the center of the surface at the top. Stitch all the way to the top, then rotate 180 degrees and go from there.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-08-13, 6:34 AM #4
So when are you going to implement the real textures, and stop using the JO ones?
2009-08-13, 2:21 PM #5
I used to care about that. But now I'm just sort of, WHATEVER.

Meh.

P.S., cutting off a few corners doesn't make it not a bunch of connected boxes.
2009-08-13, 4:47 PM #6
Technically that's what ALL sector-based levels are.

Brush-based, too, in a negative sense.

2009-08-13, 4:53 PM #7
Not even close to accurate. Convex prism != Box.
2009-08-13, 6:59 PM #8
Glad most of you approve lol. And after watching a bunch of star wars movies, and playing Force Unleashed i've been working on it. This is only base architecture. I'm getting a bunch of 3DO crafted for some of the finer details.

And i thought the hall arches looked ok. Afterall, i used the tutorials here as reference.

Btw, connected boxes or not, Massassi has been raving about a guy who made just that with JKEdit!

Anywho, once i'm ready for voice actin, i'll make a post lol.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-08-13, 7:40 PM #9
Looks good, but seriously, what's with the JO textures?
DO NOT WANT.
2009-08-13, 9:24 PM #10
Not JO. I WISH i owned JO, then i'd be getting good on that instead. . . anywho. . .
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-08-14, 8:48 AM #11
I'm pretty sure that door texture is from JO or JA.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-08-14, 10:16 AM #12
I'm near positive it is.

2009-08-14, 10:18 AM #13
In-game shots with lighting would be appreciated [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/smile.gif]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-14, 6:04 PM #14
All of those textures are from JO. The kejim set, to be precise.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-08-15, 11:17 PM #15
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I'm pretty sure that door texture is from JO or JA.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care at all. I just thought you should admit to it rather than try to pretend that they're not. This would be the wrong place to try to pass something like that off.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-08-16, 5:24 AM #16
Just for the sake of curiosity. What exactly could happen if one were to use JO/JA textures for a JK project & LEC &/or Raven found out about it? Would it make any difference if one were to acknowledge & give credit to them? It seems to me, at this point, we're doing THEM a favor by editing a game that not even they give a **** about anymore, potentially resulting in a few more sales for them where there may not have been many.
? :)
2009-08-16, 5:25 AM #17
They should pay attention to all those DF textures in JK while they're at that.

And what would a greedy gaming company do if they find out something illegal's been going on? Hmm.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-16, 4:19 PM #18
Originally posted by Mentat:
Just for the sake of curiosity. What exactly could happen if one were to use JO/JA textures for a JK project & LEC &/or Raven found out about it? Would it make any difference if one were to acknowledge & give credit to them? It seems to me, at this point, we're doing THEM a favor by editing a game that not even they give a **** about anymore, potentially resulting in a few more sales for them where there may not have been many.

He's using copyrighted material. So if these are JO textures (they do bear some resemblence), this is an illegal level. Simply giving credit to the authors won't do when it comes to multimillion dollar companies esp. with the surname "Lucas". I can't remember our policy on levels like this. I'm sure we won't post this level since it holds copyrighted material.

Confirm/deny this?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-08-16, 4:58 PM #19
Massassi's record of posting copyrighted material is spotty. There are MANY levels with copyrighted material. JK levels with MotS resources and vice versa. I doubt LEC would care even if they were aware of it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-08-16, 5:35 PM #20
He's just using them to get attention.

And it worked.
2009-08-16, 7:23 PM #21
Originally posted by Emon:
Massassi's record of posting copyrighted material is spotty. There are MANY levels with copyrighted material. JK levels with MotS resources and vice versa. I doubt LEC would care even if they were aware of it.

Yeah, I think at this point noone cares.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-08-16, 8:19 PM #22
I'm using them because for the project im going for they are the best resource i have at the moment.
Never denied it was JO, just that it was JA.
We had this discussion with the previous post about my atzerri level.
Anywho, Lucasarts cant complain realy. When you think about it, anyone with the data disk has access, true its copyrighted, but its not copy protected. It is possible, atleast now, to change security settings to prevent pasting etc.
Anywho, Im sure some people will be excited once this is released. Though once Shola is done, if people still are having issues, i will retexture...
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-08-16, 9:06 PM #23
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
I'm using them because for the project im going for they are the best resource i have at the moment.

Not JO. I WISH i owned JO, then i'd be getting good on that instead. . . anywho. . .

:nonono:

We need an SF_Gold smiley for these situations.
2009-08-16, 11:00 PM #24
Anywho, Im sure some people will be excited once this is released.

:tfti:
Author of the JK levels:

2009-08-18, 7:08 AM #25
We had this discussion with the previous post about my atzerri level.
Anywho, Lucasarts cant complain realy. When you think about it, anyone with the data disk has access, true its copyrighted, but its not copy protected. It is possible, atleast now, to change security settings to prevent pasting etc.
Anywho, Im sure some people will be excited once this is released. Though once Shola is done, if people still are having issues, i will retexture...

It won't be released here if it still has JO/JA textures by the time it is submitted.

This isn't up for discussion by anyone. It's against the law, and I won't have it added to Massassi. It's always been against our rules, even if some levels managed to slip through the cracks unnoticed. (And seriously, if some have, shame on every one of you who didn't report it)

↑ Up to the top!