Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Oo, I make webs!
Oo, I make webs!
2009-11-09, 6:51 PM #1
Made a site for a colleague's band (barely any CSS at all, very old-school HTML stuff, yeah). Some things are still to be tweaked a bit, and the streaming seems to be having problems in IE.

http://www.visionsburned.com/

Lemme know what you think. :)
幻術
2009-11-09, 7:08 PM #2
I like. Think it needs a footer though, some copyright info ect.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-11-09, 9:43 PM #3
A link to the homepage on the other pages so the visitor doesn't have to click back would be nice imo. But Yeah, a footer with copyright, maybe a contact us that links to an email etc. Though I guess the splash is just an intro to the site, if thats the case maybe a main page with news, updates event info.
The Gas Station
2009-11-10, 12:45 PM #4
Yeah, you guys are right. I'll be adding the link to homepage (splash page) and some other stuff to it later, news [may] be coming to homepage when they'll have some news, hehe. Also, the mp3 player doesn't work in IE6, will have to change that to something else, too. Thanks for taking a look!
幻術
2009-11-11, 7:44 AM #5
I think it's pointless to put the "best viewed in" information since you're not exactly going to make someone change their browser or resolution just by reading that.

Given you're not using CSS we can't comment on the lies that is the transitional XHTML doctype. :P

Looks good.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2009-11-19, 6:02 PM #6
Originally posted by Oxyonagon:
I think it's pointless to put the "best viewed in" information since you're not exactly going to make someone change their browser or resolution just by reading that.

That's what I was going to say. Any IE snub, even one as subtle as this one, detracts from the professionalism of a site.
2009-11-19, 7:07 PM #7
Hmm. You think? The only reason I've put that there was for aesthetics - the space seemed too empty otherwise.
幻術
2009-11-19, 10:46 PM #8
i read it as "Vision Burned" and liked them better than when I loaded the page and figured out it was "Visions Burned"

But that has nothing to do with the website.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-11-19, 10:52 PM #9
also, the Bio was very obviously not written by a native english speaker. But it's not hard to follow.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-11-20, 4:40 AM #10
Yeah, all the text was provided by the band's solist - I could correct it, I guess, but I'm just paid for the design. :P
幻術
2009-11-22, 2:36 PM #11
I don't know, it's kind of charming the way it's written. :P

↑ Up to the top!