Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Demo version of Project Nar Shaddaa
Demo version of Project Nar Shaddaa
2010-01-04, 9:58 PM #1
It occurred to me that when my demo is beta tested, the player may notice that there is not a complete story or something missing. When I shortened the episode editor intro and objectives, I left out the clue to what is going on. It will just say DEMO (I knew I should of released the entire 1st level).

The "read me" will briefly explain what your mission is, but its not in the game, so I wanted to give a heads up to those that will say "OK good but what the hell is going on?

Kyle Katarn (yes again like always) Returns to Nar Shaddaa on a covert mission to another part of the gargantuan city where a huge Industry that is unlawfully creating a battle droid designed by a lunatic to be used to wreak havoc and take over the moon of Nal Hutta. Towards the end of the demo is where the journy continues and describes more clues.

Im going to try to enter a scrolling Intro in the beginning that will also explain the story, but that will be in the full version, so wish me luck.

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=385§ion=downloads
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2010-01-05, 12:10 AM #2
Hey man. Just played through the level.. it was awesome :)
The layout was really good.. I liked it.
Only thing I have to say is that you should probably put an AutoSaveGame(); at the very end of that opening cutscene so it doesnt play everytime the level restarts (like if you die). And besides that, the only thing I noticed were a few unaligned textures.. nothing big.
Keep up the good work man.
2010-01-05, 3:53 AM #3
FYI I will base my judgement for the MLP on what is in the level, not based on some imaginary full game that you did not make.

That said, my initial impression was that it wasn't bad, the main point that I didn't like was the total lack of any real plot development, especially in the "easy" places to put it like the loading screen text and objective screen text. Make sure you address this for the final game (and not just in those places either).

Originally posted by MysteriousSith:
Hey man. Just played through the level.. it was awesome :)
The layout was really good.. I liked it.
Only thing I have to say is that you should probably put an AutoSaveGame(); at the very end of that opening cutscene so it doesnt play everytime the level restarts (like if you die). And besides that, the only thing I noticed were a few unaligned textures.. nothing big.
Keep up the good work man.

lol How did you DIE?!? :P It's not THAT hard.

2010-01-05, 7:06 AM #4
Originally posted by The MAZZTer:
based on some imaginary full game that you did not make.

As I mentioned earlier I realized later that by cutting the first level real short to be just a demo I made a mistake, I left out the intro that explains the story. And there is not just and imaginary MLP. Almost 2.5 years of work is behind all this.
2010-01-05, 11:06 AM #5
Originally posted by The MAZZTer:
lol How did you DIE?!? :P It's not THAT hard.

I walked off the landing pad at the beginning xD
2010-01-05, 3:56 PM #6
Hey MysteriousSith glad you like the Demo. Could I PM you for something and could you kind of tell me where those misaligned textures are? thanks.
2010-01-05, 6:53 PM #7
I enjoyed the quick re-visit to Nar Shaddaa. Good work! Looking forward to the finished levels!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2010-01-05, 7:57 PM #8
Thanks Goit!
2010-01-05, 11:16 PM #9
Hey man.. i got your PM.. but I cant reply cause it says you cant receive pm's for some reason.
2010-01-06, 3:52 AM #10
I just meant I can only judge actual content that is in the level.

2010-01-06, 3:48 PM #11
I played it and had fun, but what I'd really like to see is something new, something we've never seen in a level before. I mean, how many cantinas have we seen? Not that having one is bad, it's a tradition, but try to surprise us with something...

I did notice new textures and new animating mats, however, which I appreciated. :)

Archi was good and I liked that too. It gave me the feel of Nar Shaddaa in the opening cutscene of JK.
er...
2010-01-06, 6:12 PM #12
If your interested, I'll present the rest of the project in a couple months (I hope). the rest of the levels will show Nar Shaddaa in a more industrial view, and with even more newer textures.

↑ Up to the top!