Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → GO LION!
GO LION!
2010-02-07, 8:28 PM #1
As anyone can guess, I'm a fan of anime.
Recently my uncle has been creating 6" figures of the Voltron Force.
This has inspired me to take Go Lion to my medium.
First up, the head of Lion Ni, the Red Lion.

Please note, it is just the head so far, and fine details are still pending.

I intend to make each lion in its entirety, as well as a scale GoLion.
Attachment: 23467/RED.JPG (34,256 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-02-08, 9:45 AM #2
Oh wow, talk about a blast from the past.

I knew it was that toy when I saw the head you designed, even if I haven't seen that toy in nearly two decades and never knew what it was (I actually thought it was a transformer, lol)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2010-02-08, 1:17 PM #3
Originally posted by Jep:
Oh wow, talk about a blast from the past.

I knew it was that toy when I saw the head you designed, even if I haven't seen that toy in nearly two decades and never knew what it was (I actually thought it was a transformer, lol)

Holy crap, I had the exact same one when I was a kid too. And I was born in USSR! I thought it was the Power Ranger Mobile, though. :D

Go Lion!

[http://www.robot-japan.com/Gallery/BandaiAmerica/Godaikin/GoLion/GoLion_Godaikin.JPG]
幻術
2010-02-08, 5:10 PM #4
Nice on Koobie, thats the original one! Mines the trendmaster remake from 97 lol.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-02-08, 8:12 PM #5
the trick will be animating the transformation and attachment of the individual lions. :P

i used to love watching Voltron (as the dubbed version was called when i was a kid)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2010-02-08, 9:25 PM #6
True enough. I think that would have to be a cutscene sort of thing.
Wait Ford, thats BRILLIANT! a series of missions, 5 or so, where you have to find the Lions! With an ending cutscene of the transformation, complete with the classic "insert keys. . ." BRILLIANT.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-02-09, 7:20 AM #7
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
True enough. I think that would have to be a cutscene sort of thing.
Wait Ford, thats BRILLIANT! a series of missions, 5 or so, where you have to find the Lions! With an ending cutscene of the transformation, complete with the classic "insert keys. . ." BRILLIANT.

:carl:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2010-02-09, 1:09 PM #8
Here it is, nearly finished. Now to model the legs and tail and the first of the 5 lions will be done.

Enjoy!
Attachment: 23470/REDLION3.JPG (107,602 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-02-09, 5:52 PM #9
Damn, all I had was the legs. My neighbor had the torso, so sometimes we would combine ours.
Lyrics are highly overrated.

↑ Up to the top!