Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → JK/MotS Videos
JK/MotS Videos
2010-03-27, 12:35 AM #1
I was bored the other day & started making videos of me doing stunts/tricks in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (JKDF2). I realize that no one really plays this game anymore but I thought that I would share. Feel free to follow the blog where I'm posting said videos. I'm planning to do this for all of the vanilla JK & Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (JKMOTS) levels/maps w/ both No Force (NF) & Full Force (FF) & then I'll move on to user submitted maps/levels.

P.S. If anyone else is bored & would like to contribute a JK/MotS video of any kind, feel free to upload it to YouTube & send me a link.

P.S.S. I don't want anyone to think that I'm showcasing video production skills because I don't have any. I'm just using the application that comes goes w/ Windows 7. This is more like a showcase of "look mom, I can jump off **** & stuff!"
? :)
2010-03-27, 7:22 AM #2
I watched them! I always wanted to record my Magrucko levels to make trailers but I haven't got fraps and I believe that's the only way. Boo!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2010-03-27, 7:45 AM #3
There's a few freeware applications (e.g. CamStudio) that do video capturing out there but I haven't tried them so I can't really say whether they're good or not. The basic version of Fraps is free but it has a 30 second capture limit & it puts an abnoxious overlay that says www.fraps.com on all of your videos.
2010-03-27, 8:02 AM #4
WeGame has an app too though I haven't tried it. Not sure if it lets you upload to any place other than wegame.com.

2010-03-28, 8:37 AM #5
I posted a few more videos since my previous post (there's a total of 19 so far). I'm going to start focusing heavily on CTF (Capture the Flag) since there are so many in stunts/tricks in that category, many of which are surprisingly practical in-game. I'm eventually going to start combining these videos in to larger ones & at that point I may actually put a little emphasis on production.

↑ Up to the top!