Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Stuff I draw at work.
Stuff I draw at work.
2011-06-20, 8:42 PM #1
Since the Showcase forum is slowly shriveling up and dying, I thought I would contribute something.
I managed to get a really boring job, so I spend a lot of time drawing. For now I'll be showcasing some of this stuff.

My blawgh.
2011-06-21, 5:09 AM #2
That's just FRIGGIN AWESOME. Do you do this stuff professionally? Only nit is Sam's left foot, looks a bit like it's floating in the air when compared to Max's. Anyway, great stuff, ROCK ON.
幻術
2011-06-21, 7:49 AM #3
If that's a bored sketch, I'm selling my art supplies.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-06-24, 5:57 PM #4
bloody excellent, is that ink?

moar please
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2011-06-25, 9:36 PM #5
Using ink for nearly everything is a huge addiction. It's difficult to master and I've spent years trying to get it to look a certain way, I don't think I'm there yet, but I'm getting closer. I don't do this professionally, still in school. Though I've considered doing commissions.
Here is one a drew and inked a few months ago, last week I finally finished coloring it with Prismacolor markers.
My blawgh.
2011-07-01, 10:53 PM #6
Bored enough to try being the NeS webcomic artist? :omg:

Seriously, though, amazing work! Show us more whenever you can!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-07-01, 11:42 PM #7
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Bored enough to try being the NeS webcomic artist? :omg:

THIS
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-08-08, 8:59 AM #8
It's been a while. Thanks for the compliments. I have a huge problem being consistent, so doing a webcomic is pretty intimidating, not to mention my life has gotten extremely complicated lately and I don't see any way that would even be a possibility at this time. maybe in 6 months.
Though I have finished a few other drawings at work, the first is a commission and took many hours to complete. The second is something I whipped up in about 6 hours.
My blawgh.
2011-08-09, 7:53 AM #9
Awesome work!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-08-10, 7:03 AM #10
The eagle's fantastic!

However, I do have to say that Wolverine looks like a 5 minute sketch compared to the rest of the work you've post IIT. Rock on. Cheers!
幻術
2011-08-30, 6:34 PM #11
Haha, I was mostly just giving you a hard time, Phantom Seraph, though I of course won't turn down any related art, webcomic or not!

But as for the work you actually posted, it's awesome stuff! Koobie is right about the Wolvie one, though.
2011-09-24, 12:01 PM #12
Well, I quit my job. So this will now be stuff I draw at home. Or if any commissions come in, stuff I draw for work.
Anyway, this is my current project. Still have a lot of work planned on it, but I'm proud that this is how it looks on paper at this point, I made a focus that I would try hard to make minimal screw ups when it came to inking, and I accomplished that for the most part, though there are parts on the gun where the perspective is screwed up.
My blawgh.
2011-09-24, 1:42 PM #13
I love the style of the robot and the expression on the dinosaur (though why it has that expression I'm not sure). I don't have any criticism to offer at the moment.
2011-09-24, 5:57 PM #14
It's fan art for the comic Atomic Robo. I bought a few issues recently and noticed that they feature fan art in the back, judging by the quality of some of the pictures I figured this could be an opportunity to have some of my work printed. I guess I'm going for something along the lines of this.
My blawgh.
2011-09-26, 12:23 AM #15
Ah, ok.
2011-09-26, 8:40 AM #16
Sweet! Far Cry with robots and dinosaurs! Sexy stuff. How much do you charge for comissions?
幻術
2011-09-27, 12:30 PM #17
I figure something like the Atomic Robo picture I would charge $50. Mostly because I'm using paint, ink and markers on it, which also increases the amount of time it takes to produce. For something along the lines of the quality of the Sam & Max picture $25.
My blawgh.
2011-09-29, 9:33 PM #18
stuff which one i draw is looks real which create one kind of imaginary thinking on every viewer's mind......

I love this type of stuff which one you draw...

Thanks.........
2011-09-30, 7:06 AM #19
heh
2011-12-13, 10:24 PM #20
I figured I would throw the malnourished Showcase forum a little sumthin, sumthin I'm currently working on.

My blawgh.
2011-12-15, 3:24 AM #21
Haha, that's pretty darn cool!
幻術
2012-03-18, 11:56 PM #22
Wow. It's been a while since I posted anything. I'm drawing pretty often but it's for classes so scanning it would be problematic since I'm using huge sheets of paper and all.
But a few hours ago I decided to draw the girl I took pictures of over the weekend. For just doing this on a whim I'm pretty pleased with it.
My blawgh.
2012-03-20, 9:39 AM #23
WOAH! NICE! You're doing this professionally, right? If not, you should be...
幻術
2012-03-20, 10:01 AM #24
Thanks, Koobie. I'm still a student and there is a lot I need to learn, though someday I'm hoping to get to that point.
My blawgh.
2012-03-21, 4:55 PM #25
Excellent art work Phantom,:awesomelon: you are far better at portrait art than I am. I should resurrect my art skills again, I use to love to draw, paint, and pastel but its been quite along time ago.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-

↑ Up to the top!