Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → oh, why not!
oh, why not!
2011-11-21, 9:33 PM #1
this forum looks like it could use a good dusting off... so!

Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-11-21, 11:33 PM #2
Oooh, a pretty obelisk. :D Nice, I like this! Anything beyond the two rooms (top / bottom)?
幻術
2011-11-21, 11:41 PM #3
why yes!

and also
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-11-22, 3:20 AM #4
Looks good.

Only now did I really realize that those crane things are actually... cranes. I'm not even sure but I think most JK levels just had them in random places totally un-crane-like.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-11-22, 8:40 AM #5
lol, yeah in the first level they are sitting in a room with a bunch of crates that are bigger than the cranes are.
2011-11-22, 11:28 AM #6
Cool. Those last two shots reminds me of -- dare I say it -- Stargate. :) Rock on. Peace.
幻術
2011-11-22, 11:48 AM #7
This is pretty, but I feel like the columns need more detail so lighting falls on them more interestingly. I don't think I could like the stairs and diagonal features in the distance of that last shot any more than I do, it looks so sexy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-11-23, 10:56 PM #8
:D i thank you much sir! i would love to get a little more detail on the columns... but i made them architecture instead of 3do's. do you know of a realistic way of doing that without destroying framerate? Also it already HOM's like mad if you stand toward either end of the hall. :/
2011-11-24, 7:05 AM #9
Use fewer cleaves.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-11-24, 8:26 PM #10
Reminds me of Goldeneye.
2011-11-27, 9:34 PM #11
You are doing a great job with the stock photo textures, they look like they are meant for video game textures.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2011-12-02, 6:54 AM #12
Looking good as always Alran
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2011-12-02, 8:03 AM #13
Do you happen to have the unofficial patch that includes the adjoin limit remover? I believe that might help with the homing, but there might be other issues. Are you using ZED or JKEdit?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-12-02, 8:01 PM #14
Looks great!

HOM eh? This may be obvious, but did you merge as many sectors/surfaces as possible?
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-12-03, 9:43 AM #15
Can't remember if this was for JK or MotS. If the latter, well, you can't get remove the adjoin limit there.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-12-05, 5:55 AM #16
Regardless of adjoin-limit patches, performance will always suffer with too many adjoins.

It is always better to limit visible adjoins as much as you can.

It's not even a matter of having a powerful PC, it's simply because of the performance of the game engine.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-12-05, 6:58 PM #17
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Regardless of adjoin-limit patches, performance will always suffer with too many adjoins.

It is always better to limit visible adjoins as much as you can.

It's not even a matter of having a powerful PC, it's simply because of the performance of the game engine.

Agreed. JK and MOTS while great games for their day, are woefully underpowered by todays standards.
HOWEVER, us editors keep pushing the engines, finding ways around the limitations.
Wither its Patches, mods, updates etc, we work our magic and create art.

With JKs adjoin limit remover, ZEDs world thing limit editor etc, we can continue to push these games and ourselves to the limits.
Edwards cognitive hazards keeps our scripting top par, editors such as Alran and FG create levels that rival some new games in detail.

I say keep going Alran, as well as any other editor who wishes to try their hand.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2011-12-11, 8:32 PM #18
I say keep going, I want a new JK game to play that isn't as staggeringly bad as Todoa was.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!