Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Modding an Xbox 360 controller WIP
Modding an Xbox 360 controller WIP
2012-05-10, 7:02 PM #1
What the thread title says. Doing an Iron Man theme.

First I had to deal with the buttons. I'm drilling them out to mount LEDs inside so they light up when the controller is powered on. Also note the clear home button, which I'm also drilling out for the purpose of illumination.

I found that the best way to do this was to put a few layers of tape around the button to prevent it from scratching/breaking under pressure and get it just snug enough in some vise grips to keep the button from spinning when drilling it out.

Here are all of the buttons drilled out and ready to go.

Here's a base coat on most of the controller parts. It looks kind of pink on my camera for some reason, and I'm not going to take the time to correct it for WIP shots.

After some strategic masking after the base coat, I added some gold accents. I forgot to take a picture of it all masked up, because I'm a dumbass.

More shots to come...
>>untie shoes
2012-05-10, 7:07 PM #2
There are a few blemishes here and there that need to be taken care of with a little touching up and some strategic use of sandpaper, but overall I'm quite pleased with it so far. Tomorrow I'm going to break out the soldering iron and hot glue gun, and make it light up real pretty.

>>untie shoes
2012-05-10, 8:35 PM #3
too bad there aren't any good iron man games

[img][URL]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcbupmgY3G1qemw5yo1_400.jpg[/URL][/img]

[edit: AW WHY DOESNT THAT WORK ANYMORE :saddowns: ]
DO NOT WANT.
2012-05-10, 9:05 PM #4
Trouble posting images?

Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-05-10, 9:05 PM #5
Is it actually that pink or is that just your camera?
2012-05-10, 10:09 PM #6
YEAH I AM WHY IS IT DIFFERENT I HATE CHANGE :saddowns:

controller looks boss, though. interested in seeing dem LEDs!
DO NOT WANT.
2012-05-10, 10:09 PM #7
Originally posted by Emon:
Is it actually that pink or is that just your camera?

I think it's more pink IRL.

Edit: Zell, you put the URL bbcode inside the IMG bbcode. You can't do that. At the very least, the URL bbcode must be on the outside. Been that way since ever.
2012-05-10, 10:49 PM #8
Originally posted by Antony:
Here's a base coat on most of the controller parts. It looks kind of pink on my camera for some reason, and I'm not going to take the time to correct it for WIP shots.

Hey guys, remember that time I said that thing?

For some reason my phone's camera makes everything taken with a flash look pink, and everything taken without a flash look green. The actual color is somewhere between the two.

You can see the marks from the pinstriping tape on the side there. I promise they will go away after I clean it prior to spraying clear coat on there.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-11, 12:16 AM #9
this is looking pretty bad ass!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-05-11, 3:08 AM #10
I see Engine.DefaultTexture
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-11, 11:06 AM #11
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I think it's more pink IRL.

Edit: Zell, you put the URL bbcode inside the IMG bbcode. You can't do that. At the very least, the URL bbcode must be on the outside. Been that way since ever.

Blah, I never did that. They way I typed it was a-like so:
Code:
[img]blahblahblah.jpg[/img]

If it autocorrected itself to something else then I totes didn't do dat.
DO NOT WANT.
2012-05-11, 12:52 PM #12
Hey guys, remember that time I said that thing?

yeah I don't actually read anything you write
2012-05-11, 1:12 PM #13
That's really neat. Do you have a guide or anything that you're following?
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-05-11, 1:29 PM #14
Yeah, there are a bunch of guides for this sort of thing.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-11, 1:52 PM #15
Did you do the Krylon fusion/adhesion promoter pre-coat method? How does the paint feel to the touch?
2012-05-11, 4:54 PM #16
For some reason my phone's camera makes everything taken with a flash look pink, and everything taken without a flash look green.

better than mine [http://i.imgur.com/SdYOc.jpg]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!