Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → I made a site for $88.38
I made a site for $88.38
2012-07-31, 9:21 AM #1
http://www.kettlebellmauritius.com/

Can't say this is the best site that I could have possibly made, but for $88 (and $22 a month for "support") it's OK I think. What do you think? I did not write the text, so all spelling and grammar mistakes are courtesy of the guy I made it for. :)
幻術
2012-07-31, 10:20 AM #2
Better than I could do in the amount of my time that $88 would buy. :P
2012-07-31, 1:47 PM #3
Looks pretty neat to me.

Needs more animated GIFs and MIDI files in the background, though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-07-31, 2:52 PM #4
Yeah, I'd certainly charge quite a bit more than 80 bucks for a site of that quality.

As far as the design goes, I like the whole thing except for the spacing/color/design of the header menu, and the slightly too-big H1 text that could use a little kerning or something that I can't quite put my finger on. I think that the color transition from top to bottom is interesting, but I'd be curious to see if you can simplify the colors a bit in order to address the header seeming off.

Your code looks slick save a few seemingly necessary span-hacks that I would've avoided, myself. I am trying to understand why your About Us link needed to come first in the html, though. Edit: If you're trying to avoid the failure of IE rendering floats correctly, there are much more complaint and readable ways to do it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-07-31, 3:14 PM #5
I'm confused as to how this could cost $80. Was this a personal favor or something?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-07-31, 6:15 PM #6
I'm just cheap. :P I know the guy personally, though, yeah. We used to be colleagues a few years ago. TBH I'm pretty much the webdesigner's version of a script kiddie -- what you see here is a modified css template. I prefer writing copy. Eg., I've recently written copy for this site: http://ariasco.com/#!/page_Company for $196.00 (was 3 pages of text total, so not too bad).
幻術

↑ Up to the top!