Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → cargo ship...
cargo ship...
2013-01-02, 10:08 PM #1
starting to poke around Blender some more. Thought i would start modeling a cargo ship type dealibob. so far have one of the 3 "cargo" containers MOSTLY done.

Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-03, 1:17 PM #2
How would it open?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-01-03, 2:51 PM #3
Magic! Shh.... it's not done yet. lol. (honestly i hadn't even considered that yet)
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-04, 10:53 AM #4
The repulsers looks a bit big for the plate they're sitting on, or the texture job is so flat that it's hard to see where they begin and end. I think a little more meat here would help appearances. The texturing in general, and the details on the top are too amorphous and lumpy to me. I still like it though, I just feel like it needs to be refined in some way. The bevels look extreme and purposeful, but then I can't find a real obvious function for them. That always seems to be a problem in spaceship designs, to me.

Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
Magic! Shh.... it's not done yet. lol. (honestly i hadn't even considered that yet)

Nice job employing Bungie/Halo aesthetic techniques ;)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-01-04, 11:20 AM #5
lol, honestly the beveled pieces that attach to the large side panel serve.... absolutely no purpose. HOWEVER!!! the ones on the top will eventually. the actual "ship" part is going to be basically a cockpit with a long spine extending off it from which the cargo containers will be attached to. so that top plating/bevel apparatus will be what secures the cargo to the ship.

yeah, i agree, I think i need to do something further to the textures at least to make it look like it was not one solid layer of mottled paint that was stretched over everything.
2013-01-05, 9:33 PM #6
Not sure if i am liking the larger riveted panels... even if i keep them i am definitely going to re-work them. but made some changes to the side panel with the aurebesh and the two beveled ... prong things coming off it. think that part definitely looks better. and also started on a door.

↑ Up to the top!