PDA

View Full Version : Chateau (Matrix Reloaded)

cazor
05-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Updates shots below

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 26, 2003).]

saberopus
05-20-2003, 06:25 PM
I see. It looks like much better archi than your previous levels. But I just know that those stairs stick off and overlaps the walls in an insane jumble...

DON'T THEY?

nice work.

------------------
saber (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2400.shtml)opus (http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=5786)
<Thrawn|PizzaEating> You're a good mapper

//From the mIRC files\\
<mavispoo> I can't sleep
*Cazor gets into bed
<Cazor> We will "sleep"
<mavispoo> Oh god, I'm not stuck in here with you am I?
<Cazor> ...
<Cazor> yes
<Cazor> hehehehe

cazor
05-20-2003, 06:26 PM
No they dont, its called Cazor is good with CSG subcract.

------------------
..."And I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. The folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didnt. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. That theres some good in this world, and its worth fighting for." -Samwise "The Brave" Gamgee

cazor
05-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah, and anyone want to model me sone sexy little verticle bar thingies.... i forget what they are called.. because ATM they are pentagons.

------------------
..."And I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. The folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didnt. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. That theres some good in this world, and its worth fighting for." -Samwise "The Brave" Gamgee

mb
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
TEXTARS!!!!
dont forget the swords anbd 1337 weapons on the walls, and the statues :P

doing very nice on this http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

------------------
I love the smell of dflt.mat in the morning (http://www.out-post.net/phpbb)

cazor
05-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Oh yes... i need someone to model me some swords/sheilds/maces/other medival weapons to put all over the walls. refer to the pics in the link above for specifics.

------------------

Gonk
05-20-2003, 08:54 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
No they dont, its called Cazor is good with CSG subcract.

</font>

I think that's also called NEWBIE TOOL! agh.. CSG Subtract is so evil that it's more evil than Nazis. Yes, I am very serious.

Aside from that, not bad.

------------------

3_Rats
05-20-2003, 09:47 PM
rent the game and play up until the chateau levels. there is a level in the great hall. you never spend more than 5 seconds there, and you never fight anyone, but it looks pretty cool. good for ref.

------------------
Creator of Demon Might Whimper. Prog= like, .5%.

dalf
05-21-2003, 12:05 AM
#define CSG_SUBTRACT

I've seen that being said (and denounced) quite a lot. I have worked some of Radiant. It seems this tool makes complicated things easy. If so evil, BTW, why was it made?

------------------
Gandalf is in da houuusssee!

cazor
05-21-2003, 04:08 AM
CSG subtract is what you use when you have 2 intersecting burshes and you wany them to not clip. so you slecet the brushes tha are being intersected and use it, and then thte brush that was clipping with it is cut where the selected brush is. and you can delete the extra peices. i havwnt had any promblems with it.

------------------

Emon
05-21-2003, 04:09 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gonk:
I think that's also called NEWBIE TOOL! agh.. CSG Subtract is so evil that it's more evil than Nazis. Yes, I am very serious.</font>

It's not evil at all for simple building and cleanup. Newbies abuse it and usually make a mess out of it. It's much more efficient than cleaving everything by hand, and can often produce better results. It's just like the Boolean object in 3ds max, and it's far from evil and very useful.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

wudan
05-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Ok, so can we agree that there are different schools of thought on the subject?

Some editors prefer a more clean cut style and don't like to waste time cleaning up the possible messes left by CSG Subtract. Once you learn to not use it, I doubt you will go back, but that's just my oppinion.

------------------
Author of Spaces (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2401.shtml), inventor of the electric 'Rotating Door' bringer of 'Rain', and the Harvest Season.

Edward
05-21-2003, 08:44 AM
Make the room a bit more yellow! Like if yellow sunshine is shining in!

/Edward

lightside
05-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Nicely done.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."</font>

-Emon

cazor
05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Heh... thanks guys.

------------------

Poggle Zig
05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Holy ****, my map has stairs like that, but mine are ****ed up http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif That looks sexy http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif

------------------
"The mighty arms of Atlas hold the Heavens from the Earth!" -Achille's Last Stand, Led Zeppelin
"...A distant ship smoke on the horizon..." -Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb

Insipid
05-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Talk to Super_S51, his swords and whatnot are nothing short of spectacular.

Nice, me likes so far.

------------------
the pink pills are for your sanity
we are buried in the earth because we can't beat gravity
you are still here and so made to figure
you are an important part of the computer

cazor
05-25-2003, 08:21 AM
OMFG NEWB LOOK DOWN FARTHER!!!!11

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 26, 2003).]

GuNbOy
05-25-2003, 12:20 PM
the supports under the railing don't get larger...i don't know where you got that idea from.

------------------
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.

Shades of Blue
05-25-2003, 01:55 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GuNbOy:
the supports under the railing don't get larger...i don't know where you got that idea from.

</font>

Yea, those look, really strange.

------------------
~ BV (http://forums.massassi.net/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=BV)

Omicron88
05-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Maybe they are really wide but thin. So as they curve towards you, they appear to be getting fatter.

------------------

cazor
05-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Yup, like i said they are lop sided.

------------------

GuNbOy
05-25-2003, 09:05 PM
lop sided and fatter-than-they-are-long are two different things....

whatever, they look bad, change them.

------------------
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.

happydud
05-25-2003, 10:48 PM
The 2nd version looks infinitly better then the first. The textures were completely wrong in the first one...

Looks better. Don't forget pillars and statues and such.

You should make a level that each time you walk through a door, you get teleported to a random room (out of 6, per say). And if the door closes you have a 1/6 chance of getting back through that door.

OMG!

------------------
"Better to die together, then live alone."
~Me (I think)
When does 1337 = bad? When it's your ping!!
A lack of muscle can be made up for with suprise and a baseball bat. I'm not advocating anything, but...

cazor
05-25-2003, 11:06 PM
I was thinkign that, maybe some kind of a portal thing?

------------------

NorthChaos
05-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Fix0r the pillars, and it's pretty much like seen in the movie.

cazor
05-26-2003, 11:19 AM
omfg new page!!!1

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 29, 2003).]

cazor
05-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Ph, and dont worry about the textures... im getting thrawn to hopefullymake bigger ones so they dont show up on the top again :P

------------------

The MAZZTer
05-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Awesome. Great work... I didn't see the movie, btw, but that looks great to me. It's very good, but the size would only suit a duel level. Make more areas... and don't just stick with the movie. Make some rooms the movie doesn't show.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! (http://the_mega_zzter.tripod.com/)
I finally got around to updating my sig... *grumble*...

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited May 26, 2003).]

cazor
05-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah... and if someone where to make a remix of the chatuea song on the MR ST would it still be illegal to put it in the level? if i got permissionby the artist who made a remix of it?

------------------

NorthChaos
05-26-2003, 12:29 PM
It'd be legal if the person making the remix had the permission for it.

Or not.

cazor
05-26-2003, 12:56 PM
NEXT PAGE!! WRAA!!!
------------------

JediKirby
05-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Now that I've seen the movie, you need the big *** picture in the back there.

I'll see what I can do for axes and that big friggin mace.

JediKirby

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP (http://www.jedinights.com/e21tc/)

cazor
05-26-2003, 01:52 PM
THANK YOU. god i love you kirby. never let me down... well... there was smaug.. (IM JUST KIDDING) http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

------------------

Flexor
05-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Love the archi.
Hate the textures.
Overall score: Sex.

------------------
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

JediKirby
05-26-2003, 06:39 PM
It looks a little too yellow for me, and judging by the movie, it wasn't at all that yellow.

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP (http://www.jedinights.com/e21tc/)

saberopus
05-26-2003, 07:28 PM
archi: great start.
textures: NA
sex: no thanks
flow: good so far.
playability: ?

Overall score: B

------------------
saber (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2400.shtml)opus (http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=5786)
&lt;Thrawn|PizzaEating&gt; You're a good mapper

//From the mIRC files\\
&lt;mavispoo&gt; I can't sleep
*Cazor gets into bed
&lt;Cazor&gt; We will "sleep"
&lt;mavispoo&gt; Oh god, I'm not stuck in here with you am I?
&lt;Cazor&gt; ...
&lt;Cazor&gt; yes
&lt;Cazor&gt; hehehehe

Pommy
05-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Needs to be more shiny. All the surfaces were very reflective in both Reloaded and Enter the Matrix.

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy (http://forums.massassi.net/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=FRNDS_Pommy) | 3.14 of 14 | And-GTx2 (http://andgtx2.el3ctro.co.uk)]

cazor
05-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Ill do what i can, but i onyl remeber the floor being shiny. not SO much the walls... but i do see a little. im not sure if i can do a little bit of shine http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif

------------------

NorthChaos
05-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Add the doors to the staircases.

Detty
05-27-2003, 04:37 AM
1) split the brushes with the wall panels just above the top of the panels, then you can just use the solid colour wall AND get away with smaller textures.

2) USE SHADERS

3) it seems a LOT more claustrophobic than my memory of the scene would indicate.

------------------
Watch out for this guy =&gt; :banned:

cazor
05-27-2003, 12:14 PM
Accualy if you look at the movie... its quite small... neo takes up a big part of the middle. and shaders... stfu... this map is so young... and the textures arent even final... WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE NOT GET ABOUT ME? I DONT USE GREAT TEXTURES WHEN MY MAPS ARE YOUNG. i should put this friggin warning on all my showcases or something :P

[/vent]

ok... school sucked today...

------------------

cazor
05-27-2003, 12:16 PM
And the surfaces that need to be shiney dont even have textures yet... (the floor) so what would be the point of a shader?

------------------

cazor
05-27-2003, 05:11 PM
OK, i changed the top of the guard rails to be patches instead of brushes... and they line up almost perfectly. i am almost getting to the point where the rest of the map is mailny models.

------------------

sskakarot51
05-27-2003, 05:57 PM
OMG IS THAT JK!
dont hit me!

------------------

cazor
05-27-2003, 07:21 PM
/me grabs a shovel and beats sskakarot51 until hishead flies off and then he kicks his dead body around then lights it on fire... Postal 2 style.

------------------

NorthChaos
05-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Show new piccies!

cazor
05-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Make me models and textures and i will!

------------------

NorthChaos
05-27-2003, 09:48 PM
I make neither! Be grateful for the 140+ refrence-shots I gave/will give you!

[This message has been edited by NorthChaos (edited May 27, 2003).]

Frostbitten-Monkey
05-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Mine's better http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif. Perhaps I should upload some shots of mine so we can get a little friendly competition going...

Nice work, it is a great improvement over the last version.

------------------

cazor
05-28-2003, 12:11 PM
From what is saw, your's is not very close at all to the real thing... if you are the guy on jkii.net forums.

------------------

cazor
05-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Wraaa

cazor
05-28-2003, 01:24 PM
DOWN THERE!!!
------------------

Omicron88
05-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Wow, lookin good

------------------

Frostbitten-Monkey
05-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Nope, that one's not mine. Nobody has seen mine. Your're right, that one sucks, and we're both way better than that. I lost my JO CD, so I might just have to post some shots from Radiant. Keep up the good work.

------------------

zanardi
05-28-2003, 05:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Frostbitten-Monkey:
Nope, that one's not mine. Nobody has seen mine. Your're right, that one sucks, and we're both way better than that. I lost my JO CD, so I might just have to post some shots from Radiant. Keep up the good work.

</font>

yeah whatever :P

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.

cazor
05-28-2003, 05:34 PM
hahaha... yeah... whatever...

------------------

Emon
05-28-2003, 06:23 PM
I assume you notice the need for the skylight area and pillar distance below to be expanded? I think that's what's creating the claustraphobic feel.

------------------

cazor
05-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Yeah, i did that after jipe... YELLED AT ME http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif hehe... yeah, its fixed now, and i saw what he meant. ill post a pic soon.

------------------

cazor
05-28-2003, 07:20 PM
down there!
------------------

Evil_Tofu
05-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Omq sexy Cazor.

------------------
Look out!!! It's Tofu!!!

cazor
05-28-2003, 09:14 PM
omq wraaa

------------------

cazor
05-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Ok, i dont like that... too big... ITS GONE! bac to the smaller one, just with more head clearance up top and stuff so it looks wider.. it just isnt http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

------------------

Amviseon
05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
very sexy, still need the door in back but looking pretty

------------------

cazor
05-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Ok, so anythig other then doors, and things that are going to be modeled...? anythign i need to add?

------------------

cazor
05-29-2003, 08:34 PM
DONW THERE!!!

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 31, 2003).]

cazor
05-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah, and once the walls are completely covered with weapons... you wont see the freakish yellow glow... it will be nice... just not yet.

------------------

cazor
05-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Next page

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 02, 2003).]

cazor
05-31-2003, 02:05 PM
DOWN THERE!

cazor
05-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Next page!

cazor
05-31-2003, 02:16 PM
DOWN THERE~~~~??~?~?!?!!!!

JediKirby
05-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't know why, but it just doesn't give me the complex mansion feeling.

Are you going to do all of those doors that they go down with the key maker? And what about the door they came from to get in here with the key maker?

The door just looks plain.

JediKirby

------------------

cazor
05-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Im going to do all the doors. and this one isnt done yet. But im not going to have them openable, cause i heard you cant make swinging doors in JO.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
05-31-2003, 03:39 PM
no handles or key-holes?

------------------

cazor
05-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Just made the handles... and... keyholes? maybe if i can get anything that small in radiant. i will try.

------------------

cazor
05-31-2003, 05:29 PM
NEXT PAGE!!!!

cazor
05-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Anyone want to take the burden of textureing the floor/round skylight please speak up!

------------------

Amviseon
05-31-2003, 06:09 PM
ill reply later im chatting with the devil(carly) Sweet door, cant wait the see the weapons and stuff and play the level at your house sometime, thats it 787?n/m

------------------

cazor
05-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Bwwahahaha... wtf... dont make me hug you again.

------------------

cazor
06-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Do i really have to rip comments out of you people's faces? pleeeaaaassseee??? help... comments ... SUGGESTIONS!!^*!$!$!!???

------------------

cazor
06-01-2003, 10:43 AM
DOWN THAR!!!

Omicron88
06-01-2003, 10:58 AM
OMQ my eyes!!111oneone

------------------

cazor
06-01-2003, 11:00 AM
I know... I... know... does anyone KNOW why it gives off that wet-oil colored stuff? this is parsing me arf. muwahaha...

------------------

Correction
06-01-2003, 11:12 AM
wtfshd make it work http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif

this would make a great duel level...

cazor
06-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Well thats too bad. unless someone knows how to just make the entire level be lit... please tell me.

------------------

cazor
06-02-2003, 05:50 PM
DOWN FARHTER!

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 05, 2003).]

Murc XIII
06-02-2003, 05:52 PM
wow....that's looking really good. like i said before, the more detail you put into it the better it looks. The patches helped a lot to smooth stuff out.

what's the status with this level? Have you given up on MP for it? cause it would be a lot of fun to duel in...

------------------
I still wonder when the medicine will take it's effect.
And The injection they made, it's all just left me the same.

cazor
06-02-2003, 05:54 PM
If you saw the MP shots you would cry. they are all multi colored and horribly crappy. i dont know why the hell it looks so bad in MP, but this is going to be a SP map as far as i am concerened. unless anyone knows how i fix this.

------------------

cazor
06-02-2003, 09:25 PM
DISREGEARD MY LAST COMMENTS!

I have now found out that if you turn off the GL extensions thing, it looks just fine in MP. so yay! i can release it in MP and it will look just like SP... YAY!

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Please tell me you are making the rooms upstairs, and the one with the rotating bookshelf that leads to the keymaker.

------------------

Joren DarkStar
06-03-2003, 06:39 AM
Do i really have to rip comments out of you people's faces? pleeeaaaassseee??? help... comments ... SUGGESTIONS!!^*!$!$!!???

</font>

Ok, I'll comment.

What lovely weather we are having.

http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*

cazor
06-03-2003, 12:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DBZ Jedi:
Please tell me you are making the rooms upstairs, and the one with the rotating bookshelf that leads to the keymaker.

</font>

I just might... if you can supply some screenshots of it, because i dont fully remeber that part. but if its the place where she shoots with the silver bullets, then what is the point? If its the keybaker place underground... then maybe. but i still dont know how to make doors that open.

------------------

JediKirby
06-03-2003, 06:49 PM
look, I'm posting.

Ok, look, I'm nearly done posting.

I want a painting.

Done.

------------------

cazor
06-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Speaking of that... anyone wanna make the painting texture? i know its tough, but please?

------------------

Murc XIII
06-03-2003, 06:54 PM
i could give it a shot....what's it a pic of?

oh, and im glad to hear it'll work for MP http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-03-2003, 07:47 PM
someone.... I think it was Thrawn... he knows how to make doors that swing open. Or someone does that he knows, ask him about it. Thrawn24628... something with numbers like that.

------------------

cazor
06-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Still there is no way to open doors in MP like there is in SP. unles you have those buttons you have to move by running in to. so im not thikning that its going to a) work and b) look good. sorry!

------------------

Spiral
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
i didn't like Matrix: Reloaded

------------------

cazor
06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
...di3

------------------

Duo Maxwell
06-04-2003, 04:31 AM
Still there is no way to open doors in MP like there is in SP. unles you have those buttons you have to move by running in to. so im not thikning that its going to a) work and b) look good. sorry!

</font>

How else would you open a door? Using telepathy I suppose? Your either gonna have to use a button to open a door or a trigger....thats how its always been.

------------------
In short, there's a special place in hell for you, ******.. And I'll save you a seat, 'cause God knows I'm not headed north..

DBZ Jedi
06-04-2003, 07:58 AM
ok... look.... Make the button look like a book, sitting on the spinning bookshelf. The book is sticking out, you bump into it, the bookshelf opens. OR - Just make the bookshelf sitting at an angle, like it has already been opened, and you are just going to walk through the entrance, and make the keymaker's door already be sitting open, and you just walk through the door and see a chair, and a bunch of keys and stuff.

Try the first one, and if it doesn't work, try the second one.

------------------

Emon
06-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Your best bet is doors that automatically open. It's not hard to do, it's just a simple matter of trigger placement.

Wudan ported the func_door_rotating to JO MP, so talk to him on that matter.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Yes. He and Thrawn are the ones I remember talking about it a lot.

------------------

cazor
06-04-2003, 12:10 PM
I would know hwo to make the bookcase spin, its just the acual doors moving that i have a problem with. The thing is, is that if i do get this door working there, its gonna be odd if you just walk by a door and it opens, cause there are a lot of doors. how about i just deal with all of this door stuff later, and you guys comment on the present level. I really want to know how i can fix up the progress i have gotten to right now.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-04-2003, 12:22 PM
I don't think there is much to fix. Everything looks great. Is there a way to make you be able to push things in a JO map, like a chair or something. If you walk up to the chair and keep walking into it, is there a way to make it move? Like in JK, the rocks and stuff that flew at the enemies when you used push, you could also walk up to them and walk into them, they would move around slightly.

------------------

cazor
06-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Suprisinly.. No. thats what i wanted JO to have... force throw. but i guess movable object just is too much for Q3 engine or something. but if you are wondering about how stuff will move when its broken (i.e. when that chick breaks the two pillars with the mace) then yes, when this is done about 20% of the map will be destroyable. The only thing different then the movie is the top guardrail WILL NOT be able to be broken. ive had problems with that. AND , hopefully i will make the mace usable, since the strong lightsaber stance would be almost perfect for it. especially that forward hack that is a one-hit-kill. reminds me of the end of that scene when he just hurls that mace right into that chick's torso. yup... so i guess i am waiting on models/textures... fun!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 04, 2003).]

cazor
06-05-2003, 01:51 PM
http://ut2k3net.com/cazor/screenshots/matrix/shot0001.jpg
http://ut2k3net.com/cazor/screenshots/matrix/shot0000.jpg

There! jeez...

------------------

Correction
06-05-2003, 02:23 PM
HOLY GUACAMOLE THAT SUCKS http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited June 05, 2003).]

cazor
06-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Why thank you.

------------------

saberopus
06-05-2003, 04:08 PM
The bannister is nice. I like the door detailing pretty much.

Nice start.

------------------

//From the mIRC files\\
*Cazor gets into bed
&lt;Cazor&gt; ...
&lt;Cazor&gt; yes
&lt;Cazor&gt; hehehehe

The MAZZTer
06-05-2003, 04:25 PM
*shifteyes*

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">&lt;Cazor&gt; http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum5/HTML/009955-3.html &lt;--- opus has been saying "nice start" since... the start... i REALLY wish he would stop or something</font>
*shifteyes*

lol... anyways, seriously, I don't see much of a difference from what you showed some weeks ago... maybe SOME, but nothing that really stands out.

In other words: MOVE ON TO ANOTHER ROOM! =D

Seriously, if you continue improving this room any further, you're gonna be milking a dead cow =P

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! (http://the_mega_zzter.tripod.com/)
I finally got around to updating my sig... *grumble*...

cazor
06-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Im not gonna move on to another room until i have the models for this room, because then i will need models for the new room... and im not getting itno that right now.

------------------

Murc XIII
06-05-2003, 04:32 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer:

Seriously, if you continue improving this room any further, you're gonna be milking a dead cow =P

[/B]</font>

wait. i'm confused. is that a bad thing?

------------------

saberopus
06-05-2003, 07:49 PM
heh.

------------------

//From the mIRC files\\
*Cazor gets into bed
&lt;Cazor&gt; ...
&lt;Cazor&gt; yes
&lt;Cazor&gt; hehehehe

DBZ Jedi
06-07-2003, 11:45 AM
can you make certain areas have gravity? like... when the guy runs on the side of the 2nd floor, you know, can you do that? if you can, that would be awesome, if OU cant, ask someone else if they know about that.

------------------

cazor
06-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Im not sure what you mean. but if you mean like certain areas with LESS gravity, i am pretty much certain you cant, because there is a code in game that changes gravity.

------------------

A_Big_Fat_CoW
06-07-2003, 03:14 PM
I resent that cow statement.

------------------
Moo.

Kalina
06-07-2003, 03:20 PM
If you want variable gravity, edit on the Serious Engine. Its got some great features.

Nice work Cazor, the latest shots do seem to give the right size feel.

------------------

saberopus
06-07-2003, 06:42 PM
I beta tested. It looks rather nice in-game... and the sizing is correct...

except for one unmentionable error which no one must know of.

------------------

cazor
06-07-2003, 06:47 PM
SHHHHHHH... they musn't know...

------------------

Murc XIII
06-07-2003, 06:54 PM
OMQ LIEK TELL US TELL US TELL US!!!!!111

/me passes out on the floor...

------------------

cazor
06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
OMQ like model! MODEL! http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

------------------

Murc XIII
06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
i'll model more once we figure out how to get them in-game...

------------------

cazor
06-07-2003, 07:13 PM
yeah, speakig of which... does anyone here know how to get models ingame with all their textures showing up? cause right now i cant even get the models to show up in radiant http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-07-2003, 08:20 PM
i know about the code, i don't mean that. i mean an area of gravity, like... making a wall have gravity, and you can wealk on the wall.... i might have some typos because my Internet EWxplorer is messed up and i can't see what i am typing.. yeah

------------------

cazor
06-07-2003, 08:45 PM
well you can already walk on the walls in JO. just run up to a wall using forward and letf or right(right if the wall is to your right, etc.) and then press jump.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-08-2003, 12:47 PM
but that area... see... you need force power to do that though, and that area that he runs on is not near the ground, you can't jump then run on the wall, which you would have to do, so you can't do it right there with regular force powers.

------------------

cazor
06-08-2003, 03:15 PM
YOU CAN'T DO IT WITH THE Q3 ENGINE.

*cough*

Ehem...

[/rant]
i thought i would add bold, to make it have more emphasis
------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 08, 2003).]

cazor
06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Blarghle

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 10, 2003).]

wudan
06-10-2003, 05:24 AM
To be 100% honest, I don't like the coloring choice you've got there, the texturing lies about the true nature of this area and makes it look like some kind of borked lemon-chiffon pie.

I am un-pleased at this new emmergence.

------------------
Author of Spaces (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2401.shtml), inventor of the electric 'Rotating Door' bringer of 'Rain', and the Harvest Season.

Emon
06-10-2003, 06:50 AM
YOU CAN'T DO IT WITH THE Q3 ENGINE.</font>

Oh, but you so can.

------------------

Emon
06-10-2003, 07:00 AM
I have to agree with wudan. The textures aren't really textured. They're like solid colors.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-10-2003, 08:42 AM
that thing (frame?) around the door looks really wierd. it sticks above the staircase and comes out into the room, is it supposed to do that?

------------------

Trigger Happy Chewie
06-10-2003, 08:46 AM
THe door knob looks too low.

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo

cazor
06-10-2003, 08:49 AM
yeah, i trashed this one, partially because it looks crazy and mainly because when i open up radiant the next time the door is all messed up. I have it when it does that.

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-10-2003, 10:28 AM
ok... you got rid of the door, or you got rid of the whole level?

------------------

cazor
06-10-2003, 11:57 AM
The entire level. I hated it... Hahhahahaah

The door...

------------------

t3rr0r
06-10-2003, 01:42 PM
the room could probably stand to be widened somewhat, since it looks small in comparison.

http://i.timeinc.net/time/2002/matrix/images/photo7.jpg

[This message has been edited by t3rr0r (edited June 10, 2003).]

cazor
06-10-2003, 02:22 PM
I know. But i didnt know until its too late to fix it. The onyl part that isnt wide enough is middle balcony part. And this is why i showcase my maps so eary. Because then you guys can catch these things that i miss. I guess no one cought this. So im just going to have to deal with it.

------------------

The IceBox
06-12-2003, 04:44 AM
I believe playable wise, it would be better a bit bigger.

------------------
~wake up~

DBZ Jedi
06-12-2003, 06:41 AM
but if he adds those rooms upstairs and the passageway that leads to the keymaker, then it WILL be bigger.

------------------

cazor
06-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Ill have to post some shots with kyle in there or something because i dont think that you guys understand that its acualy bigger than what it is in the movie. but that will be after this weekend cause im not going to be in town.

------------------

cazor
06-12-2003, 10:16 AM
And it gonna be duel anyways. so you dont wanna make it too big with a bunch of hallways just to get to the other person.

------------------

Jarl
06-12-2003, 08:47 PM
The error. Let me guess...
You start the lever, and JO re-fromats your hard drive?

-Or maybe it's just that door fram thing they were talkign about.

------------------
"I'm Thomas. Thomas Johnson. I'll be there if you leave the microwave open. I'll be there if you touch the third rail. I'll be there if you turn on the gas before you light the match, or lose a round of Russian roulette. I am at the end of every road. I await you past the last heartbeat. I am the Grim Reaper. I will be the death of you."
-Thomas Johnson, the Black Angel of Death

"I wonder... what might happen if I were to open this door. This simple, wood paneled door. What would happen? Would I find a closet? A bathroom? A kitchenette? Or would I be treated to a nightmarish vision of a universe beyond ours, a universe of meaningless powers and frightful entities with a need to express their sadistic urges? Or a bedroom?"
-St. George in the Hotel California

DBZ Jedi
06-13-2003, 10:15 AM
yes, kyle, go, right when you get back.

------------------

MaxisReed
06-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Yep, the whole thing needs to be widder and less deep in the stairs. The actual hall thing is surprisingly stubby to fight in, and if you need a REALLY good representation, check out this little game called Enter the Matrix. Both characters go through the level, and for one as so detailed, you could even step out the rooms with the players for lengths and such...hmmm? hmmm? you like? $5 cash. Thanks!

------------------
MaxisReed
AIM: MaxisReed
ChatOp, EC administrator, and "some sort of god!"

blackbelt7
06-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Put some weapons on the walls man.

------------------
I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I'm perfect!
If you don't succeed at things the first time, sky diving is NOT for you.
Where in the world IS Carmen SanDiego?
Life sucks. Then you die.
Pain is my friend...:)
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

I==[=N.N.===&gt;
Napalm Ninja

cazor
06-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Waiting for models, man.

Seriously, if you want them to be there any faster, make me some models and skin them, or just stop whining.

------------------

Murc XIII
06-16-2003, 12:17 PM
...or help us get them in-game.

------------------

Emon
06-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Why don't they work ingame?

------------------

Thrawn[numbarz]
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Cuz tehy r teh st00p.

More screenies!

------------------
New Half-Life 2 Screenshots! (Updated Daily) (http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1112267)

cazor
06-16-2003, 08:35 PM
http://ut2k3net.com/cazor/screenshots/matrix/shot0006.jpg
http://ut2k3net.com/cazor/screenshots/matrix/shot0007.jpg

Meh... i got tired of those cube like guard rail things... so i made them oval-like to match the real ones.

------------------

cazor
06-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah! and the top part now breaks when you push someone into it (with a trigger_push) just like in the movie! I FIXED THAT STUPID PART THAT WOULD ONLY SHOW UP INGAME! YAY!

------------------

JediKirby
06-16-2003, 08:43 PM
... welllllll..... WHERE ARE MY MODELS.... IMPLIMENT THEM!

Also... get a new thread, this one just needs to die.

JediKirby

------------------

cazor
06-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Uhmm... your models? you never gave me any models. and sure... ill make a new thread when i have models http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

------------------

DBZ Jedi
06-17-2003, 07:35 AM
The hand rails have a curve down swirly hand post thing at each end.

------------------

cazor
06-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Wich i am not going to do and cover up with the statues http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif

And before you criticize me about not doing it, ask yourself, "Would you like to make a curly patch that is so small it wouldn't even be visible if you tried to make it that curved?"

Yeah i didn't think so.

------------------

cazor
06-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know how to get models into JO and radiant with textures showing up??? if you do please tell me, i need help.

------------------

Thrawn[numbarz]
06-17-2003, 12:42 PM
I can try. I'll need the original ms3d files and textures, though.

------------------
New Half-Life 2 Screenshots! (Updated Daily) (http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1112267)

cazor
06-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Ok, then talk to MurcXII, his AIM is starving4rtist . he made a statue model and he has a skin i think. wheee!!!

------------------