PDA

View Full Version : My very first skin. Pleae take a look.

Yakuza
04-02-2002, 06:03 PM
This is my first skin ever, so i would like as much feedback as possible. The ingame screens are a little messed up in that I forgot to rename the hands file, so my character has no hands. HEHE.
Anyway, for your viewing pleasure I present my very first skin ever. Rejoice in all of its glory!!!!!!!

http://rajasol.tripod.com/
or
http://rajasol.tripod.com/skins

Please I would love to hear as many different opinions as possible, so dont hold back.

Thanks

zagibu
04-02-2002, 06:16 PM
interesting attempt at a first skin. The head looks strange, though...it's not as detailed as the rest of the body. The spaces between the "wires" <-(the bright thin lines) should be a bit lighter, though...I bet they almost look plain black in full action...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)

zagibu
04-02-2002, 06:17 PM
and please, delete the other topic...

Yakuza
04-02-2002, 06:28 PM
I really havent noticed the spaces in between the wires bing to dark while in action, but I try making them lighter and see what effect that gives me. I was going for a more metallic look to the armor. Also, i do agree that the head is a little under detailed, but I plan on fixing that, still havent gotten very well aquainted with photoshop yet. If there are any other editors that are better than PS please let me know, for I am brand new to the skinning scene and am working of shear guesswork. The designs themselves were ment to look wierd and out there. wasnt sure if I went a little overboard though. I am going to atempt to put a sort of mesh or skin behind the design, but as I said earlier, i am clueless to what I am actually doing.

Thanks for the advice.

zagibu
04-03-2002, 02:48 AM
Photoshop is fine. And the body of your skin looks good, just a bit too dark maybe, but I haven't seen it in motion, so that might be wrong. Redo the head and you got a nice first skin (ways better than my first attempts, at least)...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)

Yakuza
04-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks. I will keep that in mind.