PDA

View Full Version : I need an explanation please...

Red 5
04-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey,
It's been a while since I've posted here but since Jedi Outcast is out and I got my copy I figured it's time I get back into the swing of things. The game looks great and all but I am a bit confused about the whole editing aspect of the game. I have heard some stuff about this "JO Radient" or whatever but really still have no clue what's going on. Is this editor a download? Will it have to be bought? Is it already out? Also, I've heard a lot of stuff about how you can already make levels but they need to be converted and stuff like that so I could really use a flat out explanation that tells me all I need to know about it.
Thanks in advance,
Red 5

Yun - Reborn
04-09-2002, 04:42 PM
radiant is the editor for quake 3, the engine that JO is based, a version of radiant for JO is going to be released soon [i hope] but for now people are building the level basics on quake3 radiant and then will just tweak them a bit when JOradiant comes out.

Thats what i think is going on anyhow, if i have got it totaly wrongh let me know.

Evil_Moose_1
04-10-2002, 03:46 AM
The program Q3Radiant can be used to make levels. The only problem is that you can't test or play the levels. The only thing you can do is build them until JORadiant comes out. If you still want the program I have a link to the site.

http://www.qeradiant.com/files.shtml

------------------
----------
When the going gets tough; the tough go super sayajin.

[This message has been edited by Evil_Moose_1 (edited April 10, 2002).]

lightside
04-10-2002, 07:08 AM
Red, it's not out, won't have to pay for it, so just download GTKRadiant and START making geomatry for your future JO levels now, instead of wasting time and waiting. (considering you HAVE Q3 to get GTKRadiant working properly.)