PDA

View Full Version : Taunt/Sound edits

Lord Muurn
04-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Is there a way that I can edit the Reborn taunt to make a different sound? I want the Reborn MP Model to make the Reborn Boss sounds (to sound a little more... manly.) Also, I'd like to use sounds/chars/reborn3/anger3.mp3 for the Reborn taunt instead of the evil laugh sound. Any ideas?

zagibu
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
I think you should have a look at the sounds.cfg file...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

Lord Muurn
04-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Ok, I opened the .pk3 file with the sound.cgs files in it. Do I need to make my own config file? Because when I tried to edit these, I opened them again (after editing them and saving them) and they were restored to their defaults. Is there a certain line I have to type?

zagibu
04-24-2002, 03:02 PM
the sounds.cfg is located in assets0/models/players/anymodelname. It looks like this:

chars/anymodelname/misc
m

so just change the anymodelname entry in this file. I tried it and it worked.

/I just noticed that the two anymodelname entries mentioned above aren't neccessarily the same...so you have to check the sounds.cfg of the model you want to use the sounds of/

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

[This message has been edited by zagibu (edited April 24, 2002).]

Lord Muurn
04-24-2002, 03:35 PM
I'm kinda lost... can you explain that again? What specifically do I have to do? (Thanks this is much appreciated)

zagibu
04-24-2002, 04:06 PM
what I did, was having a custom reborn use the reborn3 sounds (boss?). I extracted all the needed image files, etc. (.glm, .skin ...) PLUS sounds.cfg from assets0/models/players/reborn. Then I edited the image files, changed the entries in model_default.skin, blarbblarb, AND opened the sounds.cfg (with Notepad), which looked like that:

chars/reborn1/misc
m

I simply replaced the 1 with a 3, saved it, put everything into a .pk3, put that into JO\GameData\base, and voilà, my reborn sounded different.
Skin making is described in a tutorial on jediknightii.net, if you didn't know.

------------------