PDA

View Full Version : What's your thoughts on Emos?

SavageX378
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Just curious.

Rob
05-07-2006, 02:07 PM
The whiney music they listen to sucks, and they piss me off.

Seb
05-07-2006, 02:08 PM
if people weren't making such a big deal about emo's we wouldn't be talking about this.

this is like Disco vs Mullet in the 80's

landfish
05-07-2006, 02:08 PM
The whiney music they listen to sucks, and they piss me off.

Petmc.
05-07-2006, 02:16 PM
All they want is attaention because they can't do something productive to get it.

Rob
05-07-2006, 02:17 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/vecna00/vikingemo.jpg

I wish.

Jay
05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I was going to post that Rob. :(

Eversor
05-07-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.southern.com/southern/band/RITES/pics/riteslive.jpg

underrated!

genk
05-07-2006, 02:44 PM
since kirby thinks i use my emopowers to pick up chicks i'll go make some slits

Thrawn[numbarz]
05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
http://timb.us/eq2/npc-emo.jpg

I don't hate them, I just think they're annoying. :p

Flirbnic
05-07-2006, 03:08 PM
People who complain about emos are more annoying than emos themselves.

Thrawn[numbarz]
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes but they don't take themselves seriously, unlike people who complain about people complaining about emos >.>

LividDK
05-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I just don't care anymore. The term's so ambiguous and generalised nowadays, too.

Wes Darklighter
05-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't mind them, and honestly I don't see why people are annoyed by them.

Jay
05-07-2006, 03:58 PM

Baconfish
05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Ditto.

To be honest I don't think I've ever actually met all those slit-their-wrists types that are oh-so-hated.

I've seen a bunch into the crappy music and clothes sense though.

Nitropenguin
05-07-2006, 04:09 PM
this thread reminds me of how much my life sux. i;m going to go cut myself.

Darth J
05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I wish my lawn was emo...

Rob
05-07-2006, 04:14 PM
So that it would cut itself!

Jep
05-07-2006, 04:24 PM
I love Emoranges (http://emooranges.ytmnd.com/)

Avenger
05-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I ignore them.

Stinkywrix
05-07-2006, 04:34 PM

Glyde Bane
05-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Kill them all.

STOP blasting simple plan in my hallways.

DON'T cry about how your girlfriend dumped you.

STOP wearing your little sisters pants.

STOP wearing make-up.

and STOP WONDERING WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE ***S!

Thank you.

Chaz Ghostle
05-07-2006, 05:29 PM
/wrists :(

Michael MacFarlane
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Eh, don't care so much. They just kind of sit alone in their dark rooms and don't bother me.

Nitropenguin
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.noveltyshirts.net/findingemo.gif

(old)

Ruthven
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Emo girls put-out with limited effort.

FTW.

Recusant
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Recusant/cheerupemokid.jpg
They just need to cheer up a bit. (Wearing less tight jeans might help!)

Jay
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I wish my lawn was emo...

hehe

tinny
05-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Ignore them, every group has something annoying about them, emo just has a little bit more.

JDKNITE188
05-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Wipe them out. All of them. :p

genk
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.filefarmer.com/2/genkaar/FindingEmo.jpg

Roach
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I hate hiptsers.

cazor
05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
my thought is that you look like an even bigger idiot than they all do when you actually use the word "emos."

seriously. it's emo kids or hipsters.

money•bie
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
or loserssssssssssss

Thrawn[numbarz]
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
my thought is that you look like an even bigger idiot than they all do when you actually use the word "emos."

It's all pop jargon anyway, so whatever the most people say ends up being correct. But hipsters and emos aren't the same thing at all, as demonstrated by "Questionable Content." :p

Jay
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Scene

mb
05-07-2006, 10:27 PM
People who complain about them are more annoying than an emo kid I think.

Spook
05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Simple Plan also isn't emo. Morons. I hate it when people peg Simple Plan or New Found Glory or some other mediocre pop punk band as emo. Because they are definitely not emo.

zanardi
05-07-2006, 10:45 PM
anyone who wears girl pants is a *****

Wuss
05-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you too pudgy to pull it off? :p

zanardi
05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
no I'm not a ***** :p

Spook
05-07-2006, 11:00 PM

List of People wearing girl pants:
Keith Richards
Iggy Pop
Steven Tyler
Me

Though only occasionaly. I have a pair of plastic girls pants that I like to wear when Ig et hot and sweaty.

Roach
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
List of People wearing girl pants:
Keith Richards
Iggy Pop
Steven Tyler
Me
Name three washed-up has-beens and a marine-wannabe who will get kicked in the testicles upon joing the Corps...

Avenger
05-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry, you didn't answer in the form of a question.

Spook
05-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Name three washed-up has-beens and a marine-wannabe who will get kicked in the testicles upon joing the Corps...

You're just mad because I won't take my girl pants off for you. :p

SiliconC
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't think anyone who calls them "emos" has enough knowledge to complain about them.

Jep
05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
DON'T cry about how your girlfriend dumped you.

While all the other ones are plausible guidelines to not being emo, the above is total bull****. Who are you trying to kid that people don't cry for losing someone they love? Thats just ****ing pathetic and macho. Oh men don't cry. Kiss my ***. :p

Avenger
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I cried when my GF left for DC last summer. I'm no less a man for it.

Freelancer
05-08-2006, 12:42 AM
I think emo-haters are a much bigger problem than emos. STFU already people.

Schming
05-08-2006, 12:45 AM
emo IS NOT the same as hipster or scene.

emo - tight girl pants, plaid shirt, old-man sweater, Vans or Converse (old & dirty). thick rimmed glasses. red eyes from crying. girls are easy but the guys never score. usually 14-20. drinks a lot because Oberst does. EXAMPLE: google image oberst

hipster - tight girl pants, plaid shirts/cowboy shirts, trucker hat/old man golf cap, glasses with/without thick rim. cigarette in one hand, PBR or miller hi life in the other. usually 18-25. smokes the reefer because it's cool and bags lots of chicks. EXAMPLE: google image neutral milk hotel

scene - tight girl pants, black band tshirt, white/stud belt, black hair w/ eyeliner. checkered Vans shoes. does NOT smoke or drink because they're straight edge fo' real. usually 16-24. most annoying of the bunch. extremely arrogant and extremely ignorant. unfortunately a lot of hot girls go straight edge/scene and end up being gutter punk sluts to really ugly wannabe goth guys. EXAMPLE: google image My Chemical Romance

that's my definitions from watching/being a part of the Atlanta music scene. The one thing they share is girl pants.

discuss.

KOP_Snake
05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I wish.

That just went on my myspace.

Rob
05-08-2006, 05:34 AM

You're just mad because you're an emo and we're making fun of emos.

Rob
05-08-2006, 05:34 AM

emo - tight girl pants, plaid shirt, old-man sweater, Vans or Converse (old & dirty). thick rimmed glasses. red eyes from crying. girls are easy but the guys never score. usually 14-20. drinks a lot because Oberst does. EXAMPLE: google image oberst

hipster - tight girl pants, plaid shirts/cowboy shirts, trucker hat/old man golf cap, glasses with/without thick rim. cigarette in one hand, PBR or miller hi life in the other. usually 18-25. smokes the reefer because it's cool and bags lots of chicks. EXAMPLE: google image neutral milk hotel

scene - tight girl pants, black band tshirt, white/stud belt, black hair w/ eyeliner. checkered Vans shoes. does NOT smoke or drink because they're straight edge fo' real. usually 16-24. most annoying of the bunch. extremely arrogant and extremely ignorant. unfortunately a lot of hot girls go straight edge/scene and end up being gutter punk sluts to really ugly wannabe goth guys. EXAMPLE: google image My Chemical Romance

that's my definitions from watching/being a part of the Atlanta music scene. The one thing they share is girl pants.

discuss.

You suck at life. Seriously.

SMOCK!
05-08-2006, 06:24 AM
If you're so sad, why don't you ****ing cry about it?
If you're so mad why don't you ****ing scream and shout it?
You're so sad 'cause you never try and live without it!
- "Good Vs. Emo" - The Flaming Tsunamis

<3

Glyde Bane
05-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Simple Plan also isn't emo. Morons. I hate it when people peg Simple Plan or New Found Glory or some other mediocre pop punk band as emo. Because they are definitely not emo.

"How could this happen to me?"

Seems to be pretty emo to me.

Recusant
05-08-2006, 06:34 AM
I bet a whole load of you guys use the word "legos" so why you're whining about people calling them emos, I don't know.

SMOCK!
05-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Because "emo" is an adjective, not a noun. It's short for "emotional".

Also, "emos" sounds stupid.

Snootle
05-08-2006, 07:39 AM
What exactly is the defintion of "Emo" music? Emotional/sad music?

There is so much great music that is very emotional, sad, angry, self-pitying, depressing, whatever... starting from music that was written hundreds of years ago.. so I don't get what people have against it.

I myself as a composer/song writer feel most inspired to write when I'm upset about something.

Recusant
05-08-2006, 07:41 AM
You can use the same logic for lego:

Lego is a brand name and is an adjective in the sense that it describes a type of toy brick.

Also, "legos" sounds stupid.

Frankly I think both emos and legos sounds pretty dumb. What I was trying to point out is that all this "Oh noes you said it wrong therefore your opinion is invalid!" is hardly pertinent to the thread.

JDKNITE188
05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I think emo-haters are a much bigger problem than emos. STFU already people.

Suprisingly, I have never heard complaints about emo(s) beyond this forum. No one I know even cares about it. I see them walking everyday, I notice that they are lame, and then I continue with my day. I have more important things to think about.

TimeWolfOfThePast
05-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't really care about emo people - but don't get me started on those ****ers who pop their collars or wear ties with t-shirts.

Detty
05-08-2006, 08:48 AM
People hate emo people because they get embaressed when they see another human being showing emotion beyond what's "cool", therefore the first instinct is to make fun of them.

Basically, emo kids can't cope with the reality of their lives, people who hate emo kids can't cope with the reality of life as a whole.

Obi_Kwiet
05-08-2006, 09:08 AM
They exist for our entertainment.

Spook
05-08-2006, 09:18 AM
emo is a style of music. More later, I have to go tos chool.

Roach
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry, you didn't answer in the form of a question.
Name one Massassian who is not familiar with Carnac thae Magnificent...

...but don't get me started on those ****ers who pop their collars or wear ties with t-shirts.
Name one Massassian who will be spared the wrath...

Spook
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Okay, emo is basically whiny hardcore punk. Not pop punk, not metal, hardcore punk. It's supposed to be emocore.

But people have taken to describing emo as anything whiny/depressing/sad. It's almost like you can label anything emo to sell it. I guess Guns n' Roses was emo too though, since Axl Rose is a whiny annoying *****. Nine Inch Nails is emo because Trent Reznor is always depressed and angry at the world. Johnny Cash is emo, not only because a lot of emo kids listen to him, but because he's always singing about some guy in jail who is about to die. Depeche Mode may actually qualify as emo. The Backstreet boys are emo because they are always singing about girls. Weezer is emo because Rivers wears thick rimmed glasses. Simple Plan is emo because they are pampered middle class kids. Nirvana was emo. If Massassi started a band, we would most certainly be emo, even if we played two tone ska.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

Hot Water Music is emo. Simple Plan is not. I don't like either, but it's annoying when people call everything emo, because then it ends up being that I don't have any way to know wether or not I'm going to dislike a band because they have monotonous screaming and super repetetive lead lines.

However, if you are just talking about people, yeah, emo can be used to describe lots of people, like gbk >_>. But calling Simple Plan emo is just ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

landfish
05-08-2006, 10:28 AM
emo kids need to cut their wrists and be done with it.

maevie
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Not pretending to fully understand the meaning of any slang term (as they are by definition fluid and prone to different interpretations by different social groups)...

I think the popularisation of being sad is incredibly stupid, but vindicating people for being genuinely depressed has the potential to be dangerous.

In terms of music/dress sense: jesus, these are individual choices. you can comment on the technical merit of music, or the sensibility of wearing clothing that is uncomfortable/impractical, but beyond that you're just *****ing about nothing.

Roger Spruce
05-08-2006, 01:12 PM

I'm a size 11 Tall.

My friend Daria says I could probably fit into a 9, but I don't want to find out.

I only own one pair, but it's because it's very hard to find bellbottoms in Maine. Especially corderoy bellbottoms.

Recusant
05-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Girl trousers, especially jeans, look like they're tight enough without external genitalia. How some of those guys walk about in them I don't know. I'm pretty sure if I tried to take a step or sit down in trousers that tight I'd practically cripple myself.

Freelancer
05-08-2006, 01:36 PM
It's simple. They have small genitals. Which might explain their inclination to wear women's clothing in the first place.

Roger Spruce
05-08-2006, 01:39 PM
You get used to it. I mistakingly bought a pair of really tight pants. Levi's 527s. They were on sale and had plenty in my size (a rarity 'round these parts)! It took about a week of wearing them for my balls to not feel like they were in a vice. Sometimes when they're left in the dryer too long they tighten up too, and it takes a little extra time to get them on.

Girls like guys in tight jeans. Guys hate guys in tight jeans because they see an *** and check it out, only to realize that by doing so they've become homosexuals.

I had a couple guys give me a problem at the bar on night, telling me my pants (The 527s in question, taken in at the knee and given a very large amount of flare at the bottome) made me look like a ***. I politely asked them homos to stop checking out my ***. They stopped bugging me.

Spook
05-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I slip my package down the side of one pant leg because there is plenty of room below the crotch on the inside of the thigh. My junk doesn't fit on top of the crotch of normal jeans anyway, so it keeps them nice and in palce.

Also, as mentioned, it's impossible to find un-fat person jeans that fit me.

By the way I wear 10 Regular. :o

KOP_Snake
05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
What exactly is the defintion of "Emo" music? Emotional/sad music?

There is so much great music that is very emotional, sad, angry, self-pitying, depressing, whatever... starting from music that was written hundreds of years ago.. so I don't get what people have against it.

I myself as a composer/song writer feel most inspired to write when I'm upset about something.

How's that song writing career coming along? Got any big hits?

Thrawn[numbarz]
05-08-2006, 06:06 PM
What the offended people in this thread don't realize is that the defenition of "emo" has changed--it's now basically anything you want it to be, as long as it's sad and not gothical. And it's more for fun than anything else, you know? Like, "loll emos" :p

Zell
05-08-2006, 06:26 PM
I slip my package down the side of one pant leg because there is plenty of room below the crotch on the inside of the thigh. My junk doesn't fit on top of the crotch of normal jeans anyway, so it keeps them nice and in palce.

Okay, you know what? That was wayyyy too much information to go on an online forum. :p

Eversor
05-08-2006, 07:26 PM

Wow. What a mean thing to say for no reason.

JDKNITE188
05-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Maybe he is not upset enough like teh emo to crank out those hardcore punk slammers.

saberopus
05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Mmmm Thrawnubbers

SavageX378
05-08-2006, 09:36 PM

HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got anymore of that gum?

THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!

Snootle
05-09-2006, 05:18 AM

Not yet :)

Although we don't really know yet, maybe one of our songs does have the potential to be a hit. Hopefully.

We're just at the very beginning of the road though... just finished our first E.P a month ago. But we're recording an album with a very successful, excellent producer in june/july... hopefully good things will come out of that.

Anyway, thanks for asking :)

Wow. What a mean thing to say for no reason.

Umm.. what?

SMOCK!
05-09-2006, 05:59 AM
I do dislike that anything that is vaguely sad or emotional is now labeled as "emo".

However, there's a limit. In fact, I think the song I quoted earlier summarizes the whole problem with being emo (and not being clinically depressed). (And ignoring the general crappiness of the music)

If you're so mad why don't you ****ing scream and shout it?
You're so sad 'cause you never try and live without it!
- "Good Vs. Emo" - The Flaming Tsunamis

Rob
05-09-2006, 08:06 AM

Wow. You get a few cool points for that one.

Ruthven
05-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I am EMO.!!

Hear me ROAR!

and whine

Snootle
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Wow. You get a few cool points for that one.

Okay... I don't get it. Was he being sarcastic?
I thought he was referring to my band, cause I posted a thread about that a short while ago.
Maybe I misunderstood... or maybe you did. Whatever.

SMOCK!
05-09-2006, 10:45 AM
He was assuming that you didn't really have much of a songwriting career (maybe just making up songs in your room) and using that as a jab at both you and your argument.

Schming
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
......I'm going to admit to wearing size 4 Tall back in the day. Now I'm fatter and wear 6.

DEFINOTELY NOT SPE
05-09-2006, 11:58 AM
i hope they all die because their hair looks silly

Vin
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
It's not that hard to find men's pants that show off your ***, which is the only reason to wear girl pants in the first place.

Girl pants are for pussies.

Crimson
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
People hate emo people because they get embaressed when they see another human being showing emotion beyond what's "cool", therefore the first instinct is to make fun of them.

Basically, emo kids can't cope with the reality of their lives, people who hate emo kids can't cope with the reality of life as a whole.

No. They're drama queens and attention whores and we all know it. They will be made fun of until they realize that we all know it. Then the healing can begin.

Spook
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
It's not that hard to find men's pants that show off your ***, which is the only reason to wear girl pants in the first place.

Uh, no. While my *** is important, it's not the only reason. Also consider that it's hard to find pants that fit a 29 inch hipline that also fit 34 inch legs. At least that aren't absurdly expensive, when I have money, I will buy those, but for now, thrift store girl pants add a nice flair to my wardrobe. They are also better to wear boots with.

But yeah my *** is important, but it IS hard to find more or less affordable men's pants.

SMOCK!
05-09-2006, 10:52 PM
You know what's really easy to find?

A belt.

Primate
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
People who whine about emos are emo.

Thrawn[numbarz]
05-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Yes, but people who make fun of emos are awesome >.>

Freelancer
05-10-2006, 01:07 AM
People who make fun of emos are trying to compensate for something. Most likely they are unwilling to face their own emotional underdevelopment, so they ridicule people who show the least bit of emotion in order to justify themselves somehow.

ECHOMAN
05-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Anyone noticed that emo rhymes with emu?

at0mic
05-10-2006, 02:58 AM
I don't have a problem with emos.

I have a problem with self-pitying, depressive people who act dark and dismal and dress in manners to shock those around them, trying to make them belive that they have emotional problems so that other people will pity themselves as much as they do. It just so happens, though I don't agree, that this is the popular definition of what an emo person is like.

Ruthven
05-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Anyone noticed that emo rhymes with emu?

POST THE PIC

mb
05-10-2006, 06:46 AM
http://mbeggar.out-post.net/misc/emo.jpg

:em321:

DEFINOTELY NOT SPE
05-10-2006, 06:48 AM
does nobody think that anyone who dresses according to the vibrations their ear drums enjoy, are a bit silly?

SMOCK!
05-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Obviously those people have brains that are more sensitive to what they hear. They probably can be brainwashed easily.

Spook
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
You know what's really easy to find?

A belt.

And then I look frumpy due to a bunched up waistline. Sorry, but some of us like to maintain a respectable appearance. Also, please note, the pair of girls pants I own, not one person has ever identified them as girls pants except for one girl who had the same ones. That was embarrasing, especially after I suggested that since we were already in eachother's pants, we should just get right to it. And I got slapped. But ANYWAY, they're not SUPER tight, and easily pass as tight men's jeans, rather than cheap women's jeans.

Ni
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
[pic]

:em321:

Haha, thats brilliant.

Grismath
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Uh, no. While my *** is important, it's not the only reason. Also consider that it's hard to find pants that fit a 29 inch hipline that also fit 34 inch legs. At least that aren't absurdly expensive, when I have money, I will buy those, but for now, thrift store girl pants add a nice flair to my wardrobe. They are also better to wear boots with.

But yeah my *** is important, but it IS hard to find more or less affordable men's pants.

http://www.bigandtallguys.com/

Seb
05-10-2006, 03:08 PM

discuss.

sigh. scene kiddies annoy me to no end. most of them are too arrogant to learn how to properly play, so they all end up sounding the same. some of them have potential, but it's completely wasted by the pretentious no respect attitude they have.

also, i have a personal vendetta against local bands who wreck gear my employer rents because it looks cool to twirl the microphone around on stage until it hits something.

and putting so much attention on appearance is just overall stupid. and you wonder why today's youth has no content. they're too busy shining that outer shell to bother cleaning up their dirty guts.

Rerun
05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
not one person has ever identified them as girls pants except for one girl who had the same ones. That was embarrasing, especially after I suggested that since we were already in eachother's pants, we should just get right to it. And I got slapped.

Comedy gold.

Schming
05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
sigh. scene kiddies annoy me to no end. most of them are too arrogant to learn how to properly play, so they all end up sounding the same. some of them have potential, but it's completely wasted by the pretentious no respect attitude they have.

also, i have a personal vendetta against local bands who wreck gear my employer rents because it looks cool to twirl the microphone around on stage until it hits something.

and putting so much attention on appearance is just overall stupid. and you wonder why today's youth has no content. they're too busy shining that outer shell to bother cleaning up their dirty guts.

I agree completely. Seb wins again!