PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to...

Schming
09-03-2000, 10:02 AM
1) Make a cog that makes it where if you don't kill another player in a specified time your screen fades to black and you die?

2) And can you make a dome that is not like in a building but on the outside of a building like a cathedral? So it would be done using negative space editing? Is that possible?

------------------
Creator and Leader of the Free World!!!

Val_Langley
09-03-2000, 05:25 PM
As for the cogging question, I think yes its possible. As for the dome question, try the indoor sector illusion tutorial here at wonderfull Massasi.

Midget Basher
09-03-2000, 06:05 PM
for the cogging you would need a pulse message
do you need me to do it for you?

and for the dome, if you don't do it with a 3do, your framerate would be in the decimal range

RaccoonKing
09-04-2000, 01:11 AM
External Domes aren't difficult to make but overuse will decimate framerate. Cleave a cube sector at the bottom of a big room and from a side-view cleave the sector into half and octogen
_ _
/ \
| |

now select all sectors and rotate 45 degress on the z axis and do the same again repeatedly until you get the dome shape, then delete

Schming
09-04-2000, 06:06 AM
Midget if you would do the cog I'd be forever grateful. I'll do a dome 3do. Muchas gracias

------------------
Creator and Leader of the Free World!!!

ZF_Vegitto
09-04-2000, 08:53 AM
i was gonna see if i could do this just to test my self so first i started with the falling death cog where camerfades out

and then where it says settimer amount of time before you die i think i was gonna make it an if statement but then i couldnt think of how to make i send some sort of message syaing you killed somone so first on an outlandish hunch i decide to look for acommand that checks the score...couldnt find one. then i decided i could dedicate one of those empty bins to how many poeple you kill and use the code from pedestrian cogs
somthing like this:
player = GetLocalPlayerThing();
killer = GetSourceRef();

// Player killed a pedestrian.
if (player == killer)
{
ChangeInv( player, new bin #, 1.0 );
}

then back in the timer section you could put:

kills=getinv(player, new bin #)
if (kills != 1)
{DamageThing(player, 1000, 1, -1);
}

so then the end code would look something like this if anyone finds a problem with it please tell me:

# Jedi Knight Cog Script
# 00 GENERAL SCRIPT - Falling Camera Script
#
# -YW 4/23/97
# ================================================== ======================================
#
# (C) 1997 LucasArts Entertainment Co. All Rights Reserved

symbols

message crossed
message timer

surface fallSurface

thing player local
thing camera local
template ghostThing=ghost local

end

# ================================================== ======================================

## Code Section
code

# .................................................. ...............................................

crossed:
player = GetLocalPlayerThing();
killer = GetSourceRef();

// Player killed a someone.
if (player == killer)
{
ChangeInv( player, new bin #, 1.0 );
}
SetTimer(30.0);

return;

# .................................................. ...............................................

timer:
kills=getinv(player, new bin #)
camera = CreateThing(ghostThing, player);

if (kills != 1)
{

SetThingLook(camera, '0 0 -1');
// Set POV camera
SetCurrentCamera(1);
SetCameraFocus(0, camera);
SetTimer(5.0);

DamageThing(player, 1000, 1, -1);
}