Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Way to kill it guys..
Way to kill it guys..
2003-12-08, 5:48 PM #1
First it was that "All your bases belong us"
Next it was OWNED
Next it was PWNED
Now it is <3.

WHEN WILL THE OVER USE END!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING EVERYTHING
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-08, 5:50 PM #2
Most likely never.

------------------
"So there I was completely naked and covered in tartar sauce..."
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2003-12-08, 6:07 PM #3
All your <3 are belong to us.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-08, 6:09 PM #4
...can't forget "Thanks For The Info"..

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2003-12-08, 6:10 PM #5
Someone set us up the bomb!

...Dont look to far into it. Its just a fad, itll pass.

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-08, 6:14 PM #6
<3 Woggle

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede

[This message has been edited by Chaz Ghostle (edited December 08, 2003).]
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2003-12-08, 6:16 PM #7
all your base are pwned by <3

just... deal with it.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-08, 7:46 PM #8
Swank is still good to go though, right? right?

SWANKTACULAR!
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2003-12-08, 8:30 PM #9
I<3U will be the next one !!!!

[This message has been edited by Veeger (edited December 08, 2003).]
I'm going to go out and do stuff, like besides work. Call up ben, hang out. Maybe see the last samurai, go skydiving, whatever.
Get back into the gym...
I want to do stuff that prevents me from playin video games so I can only play them a few hours a day, basically.
(Formally Veger, who died when he lost his e-mail adress, and his password. Veeger still looks for his old pass...)
2003-12-08, 8:44 PM #10
Swank is always swank to use.

------------------
1337 suxx0rz

Council of 21

Need cheap web hosting? Well then lookie here! :)
http://www.out-post.net/index.php?action=hostingplans
Mmmm.
2003-12-08, 9:14 PM #11
And it took you thing long to notice that overuse kills?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-09, 3:05 AM #12
Who cares the faster it dies the better I'll feel.
2003-12-09, 3:07 AM #13
It took me so long to figure out what the hell it meant. I finally tipped my head sideways and was like, woah, it's a friggin heart. It's stupid.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2003-12-09, 3:27 AM #14
If you have a problem with the forum, leave.

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-09, 5:04 AM #15
I just can't wait for everyone to stop pretending that they think JK screenshots are from JO. You'd have to be an idiot who never bothered playing either game for more than 5 seconds to not know the difference (even without the HUD). Massassians have some irritating habits and should be shot on site.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-09, 5:11 AM #16
All your PWNED R <3 OWNED to us
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-09, 5:29 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MentatMM:
I just can't wait for everyone to stop pretending that they think JK screenshots are from JO. You'd have to be an idiot who never bothered playing either game for more than 5 seconds to not know the difference (even without the HUD). Massassians have some irritating habits and should be shot on site.

</font>

pft i don't know about everyone else - but i seriously do think that some screens look like JO/JA when they are actually in fact JK (the first time i look at them). I've played JK online for at least a year too.

------------------
Rah!
/fluffle
2003-12-09, 5:38 AM #18
What about 1337?

Owned isnt killed, All your base is, and pwnd... thats not even funny to me, never was...

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-09, 6:40 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
If you have a problem with the forum, leave.

</font>

Responses like that make me laugh... sometimes.
2003-12-09, 6:57 AM #20
I was using / familiar with <3 before i ever ran across Massassi [in those dark dark cold and lonely forumless days of my youth [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]]

But few things beat: "I heart [foo]".. really.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
Applecore scowled. "What does that mean, 'real'? Amn't I real, you? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you piss me off, will I not kick you up the arse?" -War of the Flowers
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2003-12-09, 7:55 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">pft i don't know about everyone else - but i seriously do think that some screens look like JO/JA when they are actually in fact JK (the first time i look at them). I've played JK online for at least a year too.</font>

I just can't fathom how someone could get the two confused. JK uses 8-bit (up to 16) textures while JO uses 32-bit textures (a VERY noticeable difference). Even if you get 16-bit confused with 32-bit, there's still the 8-bit JK weapons. Now, I could understand if someone made a horrible JO level that looked like JK, but even the best JK levels could only look like a VERY bad JO level.

There are always exceptions, but if you've played JK and JO for any period of time, you should be able to see the difference in about 0.5 seconds. If you can't, you may want to get some new glasses (no offense). Of course, I may be able to see the difference easily because I've been playing this game since 1998 and editing since 1999. JK is a great game (I prefer it over JO), but they are easy to distinguish between.

------------------
2003-12-09, 8:21 AM #22
2<3

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2003-12-09, 9:55 AM #23
You people just like to copy me. <3

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
People I don't like: FeTT, Pugler
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-09, 10:02 AM #24
I've been using <3 for over 3 years now... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2003-12-09, 10:38 AM #25
CONED!

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2003-12-09, 10:41 AM #26
<3 overusage
2003-12-09, 10:42 AM #27
Hmmm, here's a little tid bit of information for you, MentatMM:

joke n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality.
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock.

------------------
O_o
o_O

[This message has been edited by Glyde Bane (edited December 09, 2003).]
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2003-12-09, 10:43 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MentatMM:
I just can't fathom how someone could get the two confused. JK uses 8-bit (up to 16) textures while JO uses 32-bit textures (a VERY noticeable difference). Even if you get 16-bit confused with 32-bit, there's still the 8-bit JK weapons. Now, I could understand if someone made a horrible JO level that looked like JK, but even the best JK levels could only look like a VERY bad JO level.

There are always exceptions, but if you've played JK and JO for any period of time, you should be able to see the difference in about 0.5 seconds. If you can't, you may want to get some new glasses (no offense). Of course, I may be able to see the difference easily because I've been playing this game since 1998 and editing since 1999. JK is a great game (I prefer it over JO), but they are easy to distinguish between.

</font>

Its more like i'm too lazy to look at it properly [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] i just quickly glance then scroll down to see what people say.. then i'm like AAH ITS JK? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Rah!
/fluffle
2003-12-09, 10:46 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Hmmm, here's a little tid bit of information for you, MentatMM
</font>

You may not have noticed, but tones of voice cannot be carried off effectively through text. That's why we have smilies/emoticons (which Sats didn't use).

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-09, 10:47 AM #30
Usually I see the SOTD and think it's JA... then see it's JK. Lol.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-09, 10:55 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LividDK27:
You may not have noticed, but tones of voice cannot be carried off effectively through text. That's why we have smilies/emoticons (which Sats didn't use).

</font>

Please point out what part of what I said, involves ANYTHING related to what you said. Because apparently, I don't get it. However I do get that there is no tone of voice in this text. I always read the text as if it had no emotion to what it is saying. Just like a robot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
O_o
o_O
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2003-12-09, 7:09 PM #32
They're made to be killed!

Like Darwin award winners.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-09, 9:24 PM #33
Glyde Bane,

It goes without saying that there are a few people who are joking, but for every one of those there is someone who is pretending to think that JK is JO/JA (and as Sats informed me, there are even a few poor souls that really can't tell the difference, although I'd guess that they're a minority). It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny now, despite their reasons. Either way, my post was relevant to the title of the thread and my rant is quite valid, in my opinion.

------------------
2003-12-10, 6:37 AM #34
Quote:
Please point out what part of what I said, involves ANYTHING related to what you said.</font>

Ok

Quote:
Hmmm, here's a little tid bit of information for you, MentatMM</font>

Mentat posted in response to Sats comment/joke, which he took seriously from the lack of smilies. You respond to him pointing out what a joke is, as if he took Sats post too seriously for what it really was, so I point out lack of tone [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] And that, ladies and gents, is why what I said is relevant (and hopefully unargumentative [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif])

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2004-01-25, 8:25 AM #35
I've been using <3 since before the iron age!
I had to chisel that into rocks, to give to my friends.

Caveman1: "Urrah. UrraaahggghhhCchhaah!! Hahahaha!"
Happydud:" OMG! *throws <3 at caveman1* Hahaha!"

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-25, 8:27 AM #36
I think someone got a bit lost and forgot which thread they were on... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-25, 8:31 AM #37
Everybody stop using word "the!!!" I see people use it in almost every sentence, AND YOU ARE KILLING IT GUYS!!! STOP WITH OVERUSE OF WORDS!!

------------------
2004-01-25, 8:34 AM #38
Holy Thread Reviving batman!

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-25, 8:35 AM #39
ALL YOUR <3 HAVE BEEN SWANKLY OWNED BY TEH PWN!

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-01-25, 8:35 AM #40
oops. Sorry, the monkey made me do it.

(Didn't know this was old.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] I was linked here from another thread)

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.

[This message has been edited by happydud (edited January 25, 2004).]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!