Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Celine Dion...
Celine Dion...
2003-12-06, 7:39 AM #1
...is evil. That is all.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of CACD (Canadians Against Celine Dion)

------------------
TI-MAH!
2003-12-06, 7:55 AM #2
Do doo deee. If you would like to make a call please hang up and try again.

------------------
Gamers forced into direct sun light for first time burst into flames.
2003-12-06, 8:04 AM #3
-"Ugly bob what are you doing?"
-"I'm screwing Celine Dion whats it look like?"
-"Ugly? You said your name was handsome Bob!" *removes paper bag* "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-06, 8:52 AM #4
*'splodes*

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-06, 10:39 AM #5
Isn't just me of does the name "Celine Dion" remind you of spicy mustard?

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-06, 11:55 AM #6
you mean dijon mustard?

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-06, 12:17 PM #7
I'm trying to figure out why she needs 8-10 guitarists with her during every concert.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-06, 12:56 PM #8
So that she can truly shred, obviously.

I had an "altercation" with Celine, once. I tried to turn off the Titanic song, which my dad was playing, and in the process martyred my walking ability for six weeks (there was a log).

Ironically, I kind of like the song, now.
2003-12-06, 1:36 PM #9
yes i agree.. you'll never see roaches flee in bigger heards as when you play one of her CDs..... too high of a frequency i suppose.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-06, 1:51 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
I tried to turn off the Titanic song, which my dad was playing,the song, now.</font>

At my old place, the lady next door played that song endlessly. And I mean the literal interpretation of endlessly. One day, I had the cranks with hearing it for the 37th time that day, pointed my stereo out the door, cranked up a metallica cd and drowned out "My heart will go on" with "Sad but true". That was when I was young and stupid. Now, that I'm older, I'm just as stupid. Just not young. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2003-12-06, 3:15 PM #11
someone outside just started bouncing up and down on our diving board.

they still are... no idea why

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-06, 3:24 PM #12
Quote:
Ironically, I kind of like the song, now.</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-06, 3:33 PM #13
I've heard that her CDs burst into flames if you sprinkle holy water on them... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2003-12-06, 3:39 PM #14
...and i just realized that it wasn't the diving board, it was fireworks for the Colleyville Celebration they are having in Colleyville.... it's like a centennial or something.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-06, 4:10 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

</font>

He also likes Cher.

Each time I remember that fact the music lover inside me dies a little bit more.
2003-12-06, 4:26 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CookedHaggis:
He also likes Cher.</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-06, 4:57 PM #17
Cher has some good songs.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-06, 4:59 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Cher has some good songs.

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2003-12-06, 5:01 PM #19
Spork, Spork, Spork.

You like Coldplay. They're basically the epitomy of empty, soulless rock. You could fall to sleep listening to it. You could ride elevators to it. Have a tooth out to it.

What's *really* depressing here is that Cher rocks harder in "Turn Back Time" than Coldplay has in their entire career :P
2003-12-06, 5:01 PM #20
If you watch the music video for the song she did for Stuart Little 2, she looks like Odo from DS9.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-06, 5:32 PM #21
Quote:
You like Coldplay. They're basically the epitomy of empty, soulless rock. You could fall to sleep listening to it. You could ride elevators to it. Have a tooth out to it.</font>

"Coldplay, you should be called Coldsore
When you were U2 I liked you so much more.
Your song Yellow reminds me of pee,
Because when it's over it's a big relief to me." -- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog in "I Keed". God I love that song.

------------------
Man: Baby, I've been sleeping with your sister.
Woman: *gasp* Well, which one?
Man: All of them.
Woman: *gasp* Well, I've been sleeping with your best friend Jake!
Man: Yeah, well me too! And I've been sleeping with your dog Woofy!
Woman: Woofy?! You *****! Well, I'm also sleeping with your pet goat!
Man: That goat doesn't love you.............
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-06, 8:55 PM #22
Quote:
What's *really* depressing here is that Cher rocks harder in "Turn Back Time" than Coldplay has in their entire career :P</font>

Call me crazy as a bag full of weasels but I don't get your point. Britney rocks harder than coldplay, but that doesn't make it ok to like her. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2003-12-06, 11:28 PM #23
But it certainly makes a good case that she's better than Coldplay...

But I thought using that example would just be below the belt.
2003-12-07, 4:14 AM #24
I think trying to justify your liking of Cher based on the fact that she "rocks hard" (or at least "harder than Coldplay") is deeply flawed.
2003-12-07, 10:09 AM #25
True. Nu-metal is thought to rock hard. That doesn't make it good at all.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2003-12-07, 5:48 PM #26
No, Nu-Metal is noise. They may *rap* hard, but they don't *rock* hard.

The entire point of the exercise is that criticising someone's musical tastes is a deeply flawed venture, to begin with, because obviously everyone chooses their music based on different criteria, so my saying that "Coldplay is less exciting than an episode of Barney" is going to be as well received as your saying "Heavy Metal sucks 'cos they have long hair and wear stupid leather pants and sing exclusively about hell and the going to thereof."
2003-12-08, 6:48 AM #27
Quote:
Spork, Spork, Spork.

You like Coldplay. They're basically the epitomy of empty, soulless rock. You could fall to sleep listening to it. You could ride elevators to it. Have a tooth out to it.

What's *really* depressing here is that Cher rocks harder in "Turn Back Time" than Coldplay has in their entire career :P
</font>

Have to say Coldplay is one of my favorite bands. They do rock, just not in terms of 'Let's be as loud as possible and play as fast as possible and write lyrics that are too deep for anyone to understand!' I like them because they are simple, but also play the most beautiful music. *goes back to watching the Coldplay DVD*

------------------
~amor sui~
<< schming stout >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-08, 7:23 AM #28
Quote:
Spork, Spork, Spork.

</font>

I'm so confused. Coldplay considered... bad? I'm... speechless.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2003-12-08, 9:37 AM #29
Geez, let me be the first to say that Cher and Coldplay suck equally (along with Britney).
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."

↑ Up to the top!