Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Chateau (Matrix Reloaded)
Chateau (Matrix Reloaded)
2003-05-20, 4:19 PM #1
Updates shots below

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 26, 2003).]
2003-05-20, 4:25 PM #2
I see. It looks like much better archi than your previous levels. But I just know that those stairs stick off and overlaps the walls in an insane jumble...

DON'T THEY?

nice work.

------------------
saberopus
<Thrawn|PizzaEating> You're a good mapper

//From the mIRC files\\
<mavispoo> I can't sleep
*Cazor gets into bed
<Cazor> We will "sleep"
<mavispoo> Oh god, I'm not stuck in here with you am I?
<Cazor> ...
<Cazor> yes
<Cazor> hehehehe
2003-05-20, 4:26 PM #3
No they dont, its called Cazor is good with CSG subcract.

------------------
..."And I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. The folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didnt. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. That theres some good in this world, and its worth fighting for." -Samwise "The Brave" Gamgee
2003-05-20, 4:30 PM #4
Oh yeah, and anyone want to model me sone sexy little verticle bar thingies.... i forget what they are called.. because ATM they are pentagons.

------------------
..."And I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. The folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didnt. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. That theres some good in this world, and its worth fighting for." -Samwise "The Brave" Gamgee
2003-05-20, 4:33 PM #5
TEXTARS!!!!
dont forget the swords anbd 1337 weapons on the walls, and the statues :P

doing very nice on this [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I love the smell of dflt.mat in the morning
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2003-05-20, 4:34 PM #6
Oh yes... i need someone to model me some swords/sheilds/maces/other medival weapons to put all over the walls. refer to the pics in the link above for specifics.

------------------
2003-05-20, 6:54 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
No they dont, its called Cazor is good with CSG subcract.

</font>

I think that's also called NEWBIE TOOL! agh.. CSG Subtract is so evil that it's more evil than Nazis. Yes, I am very serious.

Aside from that, not bad.

------------------
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2003-05-20, 7:47 PM #8
rent the game and play up until the chateau levels. there is a level in the great hall. you never spend more than 5 seconds there, and you never fight anyone, but it looks pretty cool. good for ref.

------------------
Creator of Demon Might Whimper. Prog= like, .5%.
My signature puts the 'hat' in 'phat'.
2003-05-20, 10:05 PM #9
#define CSG_SUBTRACT

I've seen that being said (and denounced) quite a lot. I have worked some of Radiant. It seems this tool makes complicated things easy. If so evil, BTW, why was it made?

------------------
Gandalf is in da houuusssee!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-05-21, 2:08 AM #10
CSG subtract is what you use when you have 2 intersecting burshes and you wany them to not clip. so you slecet the brushes tha are being intersected and use it, and then thte brush that was clipping with it is cut where the selected brush is. and you can delete the extra peices. i havwnt had any promblems with it.

------------------
2003-05-21, 2:09 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gonk:
I think that's also called NEWBIE TOOL! agh.. CSG Subtract is so evil that it's more evil than Nazis. Yes, I am very serious.</font>

It's not evil at all for simple building and cleanup. Newbies abuse it and usually make a mess out of it. It's much more efficient than cleaving everything by hand, and can often produce better results. It's just like the Boolean object in 3ds max, and it's far from evil and very useful.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-05-21, 6:13 AM #12
Ok, so can we agree that there are different schools of thought on the subject?

Some editors prefer a more clean cut style and don't like to waste time cleaning up the possible messes left by CSG Subtract. Once you learn to not use it, I doubt you will go back, but that's just my oppinion.

------------------
Author of Spaces, inventor of the electric 'Rotating Door' bringer of 'Rain', and the Harvest Season.
www.wudan07.com
2003-05-21, 6:44 AM #13
Make the room a bit more yellow! Like if yellow sunshine is shining in!

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-05-21, 9:48 AM #14
Nicely done.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."</font>
[/b]

-Emon
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2003-05-21, 12:16 PM #15
Heh... thanks guys.

------------------
2003-05-21, 12:16 PM #16
Holy ****, my map has stairs like that, but mine are ****ed up [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] That looks sexy [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"The mighty arms of Atlas hold the Heavens from the Earth!" -Achille's Last Stand, Led Zeppelin
"...A distant ship smoke on the horizon..." -Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb
I see you standin' there, you think you're so cool. Why don't you just... **** OFF!
2003-05-21, 3:54 PM #17
Talk to Super_S51, his swords and whatnot are nothing short of spectacular.

Nice, me likes so far.

------------------
the pink pills are for your sanity
we are buried in the earth because we can't beat gravity
you are still here and so made to figure
you are an important part of the computer
2003-05-25, 6:21 AM #18
OMFG NEWB LOOK DOWN FARTHER!!!!11

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 26, 2003).]
2003-05-25, 10:20 AM #19
the supports under the railing don't get larger...i don't know where you got that idea from.

------------------
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
2003-05-25, 11:55 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GuNbOy:
the supports under the railing don't get larger...i don't know where you got that idea from.

</font>

Yea, those look, really strange.

------------------
~ BV
~ BV
2003-05-25, 4:47 PM #21
Maybe they are really wide but thin. So as they curve towards you, they appear to be getting fatter.

------------------
2003-05-25, 4:57 PM #22
Yup, like i said they are lop sided.

------------------
2003-05-25, 7:05 PM #23
lop sided and fatter-than-they-are-long are two different things....

whatever, they look bad, change them.

------------------
2003-05-25, 8:48 PM #24
The 2nd version looks infinitly better then the first. The textures were completely wrong in the first one...

Looks better. Don't forget pillars and statues and such.

You should make a level that each time you walk through a door, you get teleported to a random room (out of 6, per say). And if the door closes you have a 1/6 chance of getting back through that door.

OMG!

------------------
"Better to die together, then live alone."
~Me (I think)
When does 1337 = bad? When it's your ping!!
A lack of muscle can be made up for with suprise and a baseball bat. I'm not advocating anything, but...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-05-25, 9:06 PM #25
I was thinkign that, maybe some kind of a portal thing?

------------------
2003-05-26, 12:19 AM #26
Fix0r the pillars, and it's pretty much like seen in the movie.
2003-05-26, 9:19 AM #27
omfg new page!!!1

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 29, 2003).]
2003-05-26, 9:21 AM #28
Ph, and dont worry about the textures... im getting thrawn to hopefullymake bigger ones so they dont show up on the top again :P

------------------
2003-05-26, 9:26 AM #29
Awesome. Great work... I didn't see the movie, btw, but that looks great to me. It's very good, but the size would only suit a duel level. Make more areas... and don't just stick with the movie. Make some rooms the movie doesn't show.

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven!
I finally got around to updating my sig... *grumble*...

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited May 26, 2003).]

2003-05-26, 9:39 AM #30
Oh yeah... and if someone where to make a remix of the chatuea song on the MR ST would it still be illegal to put it in the level? if i got permissionby the artist who made a remix of it?

------------------
2003-05-26, 10:29 AM #31
It'd be legal if the person making the remix had the permission for it.

Or not.
2003-05-26, 10:56 AM #32
NEXT PAGE!! WRAA!!!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited May 29, 2003).]
2003-05-26, 11:29 AM #33
Now that I've seen the movie, you need the big *** picture in the back there.

I'll see what I can do for axes and that big friggin mace.

JediKirby

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-05-26, 11:52 AM #34
THANK YOU. god i love you kirby. never let me down... well... there was smaug.. (IM JUST KIDDING) [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2003-05-26, 3:52 PM #35
Love the archi.
Hate the textures.
Overall score: Sex.

------------------
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-05-26, 4:39 PM #36
It looks a little too yellow for me, and judging by the movie, it wasn't at all that yellow.

------------------
Epic: Episode I TC, Epic: Podracing Mod MP/SP, Epic: Starbattles Mod MP/SP
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-05-26, 5:28 PM #37
archi: great start.
textures: NA
sex: no thanks
flow: good so far.
playability: ?

Overall score: B

------------------
saberopus
<Thrawn|PizzaEating> You're a good mapper

//From the mIRC files\\
<mavispoo> I can't sleep
*Cazor gets into bed
<Cazor> We will "sleep"
<mavispoo> Oh god, I'm not stuck in here with you am I?
<Cazor> ...
<Cazor> yes
<Cazor> hehehehe
2003-05-26, 5:35 PM #38
Needs to be more shiny. All the surfaces were very reflective in both Reloaded and Enter the Matrix.

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
一个大西瓜
2003-05-26, 5:40 PM #39
Ill do what i can, but i onyl remeber the floor being shiny. not SO much the walls... but i do see a little. im not sure if i can do a little bit of shine [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2003-05-26, 11:21 PM #40
Add the doors to the staircases.

↑ Up to the top!