Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I felt kind...
I felt kind...
2003-12-08, 9:04 AM #1
Well, because it is near the holidays, I decided to help the wishes of a poor kid. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] So I picked up a "Dear Santa" letter from an organization that supports poor (I think) kids. Here:

"Dear Santa,

My name is Jamesha (last name). I'm 6 years old and in the first grade. I been a very good little girl this year so for christmas I will like a computer or a computer that hooks up to the television. If not please get me lots of games to educate me with my learning. I am a very good reader at my school. I love to read and do math.

Love Jamesha."

Well, I need suggestions. Where can I find a computer (that is inexpensive but isn't offensive piece of crap)? Should I get one?Games?

I assume this letter was written by a little girl (although the handwriting was rather neat) Happy holidays

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-08, 9:10 AM #2
Build her one, Get the cheapest stuff you can buy, and build one. You brush up on your computer building skills, shell get a computer. Everyones happy.

On a side-note. I wish I could have some money to do kind things like this.. but nooooo.. Noone wants to be the one to give the 16 year-old his first job.. Blargh to them! BLARGH TO THEM!

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-08, 9:17 AM #3
heh, i know how you feel fishstickz

you can pick up a used playstation for like $20 and a few E rated games for under $5 each.
check EB (or their web site) for good deals on that kinda stuff.

or, you can build something like an 800mhz celery system.

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-08, 9:33 AM #4
Why not check your local salvage center or Salvation Army, or even second-hand stores like Cash Converters or even pawn-shops. You're bound to find something quick...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-08, 11:17 AM #5
Snake_Eyes is right on. You can usually find an old box at the Salvation Army. Also, you could build one for a hundres buck or so if you wnet fairly cheap

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-08, 11:24 AM #6
games to educate thie kid: PONG

------------------
^^
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2003-12-08, 11:26 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Build her one, Get the cheapest stuff you can buy, and build one. You brush up on your computer building skills, shell get a computer. Everyones happy.

On a side-note. I wish I could have some money to do kind things like this.. but nooooo.. Noone wants to be the one to give the 16 year-old his first job.. Blargh to them! BLARGH TO THEM!

</font>

Yeah, build one, good times.

And bah, i hate not being able to get a job as well, lousy stinkin child labor laws... if we WANT to work why cant we!?

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-08, 2:39 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:

</font>

I wanted to get a job a Lindt Chocolates or the Great American Cookie Company but for some reason my parents were against it...

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2003-12-08, 3:00 PM #9
See if you can build your own for her.

And for parts? Two words: Dumpster. Diving.

[edit- Oh, and for learning games: Try the Thinkin' Things collections (1, 2 and 3), oH OH!! And see if you can find an old copy of Number Crunchers. It was for 95, I think.. I'll see if I can round my copy up, and if you really want to I'll see if I can send it to you.]

Good for you for helping, Echoman. I salute thee.
------------------
[12:42] Spork: I wish I knew, coned sucked. owned owns coned and pwned.
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

[This message has been edited by happydud (edited December 08, 2003).]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-08, 3:04 PM #10
I will send you my PSone and Scrabble, if you would like.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-08, 3:11 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> If not please get me lots of games to educate me with my learning.</font>

Think she'd like Doom?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2003-12-08, 4:13 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sugarless5:
I wanted to get a job a Lindt Chocolates or the Great American Cookie Company but for some reason my parents were against it...

</font>

hehehehehehehe.....thats funny.

------------------
If there is a ((S)) in front of my post, it means I'm not being 100% serious.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-08, 4:14 PM #13
**sigh

------------------
flirbnic has a signature
"i've seen alot of kids (i'm 35) come on here and ask for advice about girls. look at potato here. he makes a tape and sings to a girl. some girls will laugh in your face, some behind your back and then some might love you for it. potato is a man. a man with a girl. -Darth Evad
2003-12-09, 11:44 AM #14
What OS are you thinking of installing? My dad got me tons of learning type games when I was little, I might be able to send you a package with some of those, as well as some more fun ones like scrabble. But it depends on whether you're installing 3.1, 95, or Longhorn. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
[12:42] Spork: I wish I knew, coned sucked. owned owns coned and pwned.
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-09, 11:50 AM #15
look for "The NeverhoOd" it's an old puzzle game, like Mist, but simpler.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-09, 11:59 AM #16
Oh! Thxs people.

Well, I just found out that the organization doesn't help poor people (I believed it did [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] ). It takes letters "to Santa" in the special Santa mailbox at the post office and gives them to people like me.So basically I'm helping a kid's wishes while the kid thinks he has written to Santa. Mwhaha. So...hmm..so I continue my search?

PS. Is this where all of my Santa letters at the Santa mailbox went when I was young? Strangers (which never gave me anything [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] )

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-09, 12:16 PM #17
I wonder if this kid is even in need of presents for Christmas.
2003-12-09, 12:58 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:
I wonder if this kid is even in need of presents for Christmas.</font>

So...what you're saying is poor people don't need presents? He's doing a good thing, trying to give to this little girl, share with her our world that we've come upon here, the world of computers and games. Argh. Pleases stop me from sicking my german shepherd on him [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif].

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-09, 1:03 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Quote:
If not please get me lots of games to educate me with my learning.</font>

Think she'd like Doom?[/b]

lol

------------------
Here Ociffer, hold my beer while i look for my license.
*Remnant Temple beta taking a bit longer than planned but ill get it done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-12-09, 7:08 PM #20
Well for educational thing theres those Leap Pad learning handheld games or something.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-09, 9:29 PM #21
Because Lindt Chocolate is from some country like Germany or something. You're supporting terrorism.

------------------
~amor sui~
<< schming stout >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-09, 10:01 PM #22
Terrorists in lederhosen...

------------------
Roach - Pendulum stops and falls away. Life sifted through like sand.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2003-12-10, 12:34 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:

So...what you're saying is poor people don't need presents? He's doing a good thing, trying to give to this little girl, share with her our world that we've come upon here, the world of computers and games. Argh. Pleases stop me from sicking my german shepherd on him [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif].

</font>

Read Echoman last post [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2003-12-10, 1:37 AM #24
I did, and what it said was that the ORGANIZATION didn't help the kids, the people they FOUND did.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-10, 1:54 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I did, and what it said was that the ORGANIZATION didn't help the kids, the people they FOUND did.

</font>

But she might be well off as it is.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>

[This message has been edited by Krokodile (edited December 10, 2003).]
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2003-12-10, 1:58 AM #26
I have tons of "education games" lying around the house. They all work on a 300mhz pc anyways. I have like Invention Studio, Jumpstart Learning Games Vol. Phonics and Music, and Gizmos and Gadgets, those mathstorm games (all 3). Reader Rabit ages 5-9, and many more. I could send them to you if you would like.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-10, 2:00 AM #27
She'd get a kick out of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I could send that too.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed

↑ Up to the top!